Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-11, 08:18 PM  
StephE

Hugs to you, Judy!! I'm so sorry you're going through this. My M.I.L. is also going through this. She says it is very uncomfortable. She is looking into having surgery in the near future. Thank you for sharing your story with us. (((((HUGS)))))

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 12:59 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

*hugs* Judy! Don't be ashamed! I'm so glad you posted this. My mother had a bladder prolapse after my brother was born...and didn't tell anyone for *20+ years* until she finally had to have surgery a few years ago. Since then, I've been obsessed with it (to prevent it in myself) and the first thing I discovered was that it is so shrouded in "mystery" (ha!) that the only sites that talked about *real* pelvic floor training were sex sites!

I'm glad that is beginning to change now (not that I think there is anything wrong with pelvic floor training for improved sexual health...just that it should be able to be talked about for other pelvic floor health too.) Until recently, they didn't know much about the female pelvis, but now, if you catch it early enough, it *might* be possible to prevent and/or reduce the effects with exercise.

I noticed that you live in Oregon...how far away do you live from Portland? You should run...don't walk...to see Judy Mooser from Callanetics Portland. The new Callanetics Evolution program addresses the pelvic floor, and Judy has additional materials and instruction to offer. She is really cool too.

In fact, Judy teaches the Rebound class at Barre3 studios in Portland also, which is the same as Callanetics (just rebranded)...but you should still contact her so that she can come early to give you her preliminary talk about the pelvic floor before class.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 02:59 AM  
juberann

Thank you all so much for your kind responses and great advice it is so appreciated. Every day, I am learning more and more about this condition and I am happy the subject is out in the open. Thank you all for making it somewhat easier to deal with and much easier to talk about. This is an incredible community of supportive people here, I always knew that but this has just reminded me of how special VF members are, how kind and supportive we are to one another. What a gift that is and I am so honored to be a part of this little VF world
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pelvic prolapse, prolapse