Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-10, 10:51 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Are you crazy! 3 risers! LOL I am just starting to use 2 risers as of today since I have been out of shape for about 5 yrs now!!!! I will NEVER go to 3! LOL You are a machine!
I WAS a machine. Not anymore! But I'm also 15+ years older...
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 11:03 AM  
alisoncooks

I ended up selling my step just this week on craigslist....but Step Forward is one that I always wanted to give a try. It looked straightforward, which I need. Does it take up the whole step? or can it be done on a Fanny Lifter?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 11:07 AM  
JezthePuff2

I enjoy step, but I wasn't crazy about Step Forward. I guess when I'm doing step, I prefer a class atmosphere or something. Just having Tracie as the instructor without some background exercisers didn't cut it for me. I also did NOT like the music. It's been awhile since I tried it, though, so maybe I should give it another try.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 12:13 PM  
Mary09(b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I WAS a machine. Not anymore! But I'm also 15+ years older...
Getting older is nothing to frown about! It beats the alternative (I assume)!
Mary09(b) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 12:31 PM  
stacy4ft9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
One thing I notice about Tracie is her stepping form--it is very crisp, graceful and elegant. She really looks beautiful in these workouts.
Yup -- so true!
stacy4ft9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 12:36 PM  
bubbles76

I guess I love the oldies

What's all this talk about step not being popular anymore? Granted, I am in GA, but we always have several step classes going on at the base gyms. And they are PACKED! We even have guys in our step classes. I really like step.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 12:44 PM  
Hilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I ended up selling my step just this week on craigslist....but Step Forward is one that I always wanted to give a try. It looked straightforward, which I need. Does it take up the whole step? or can it be done on a Fanny Lifter?
I think you'd need a full-size step for this one ... there are quite a few across-the-step moves.

I think Step Forward has grown on me. I don't think Tracy is a bad cue-er, but having done mostly Cathe I just wasn't used to her moves. They're not hard to learn, so it doesn't take long to move confidently.

One thing that's different about this workout compared to Cathe is that it consists of about eight (?) different routines, varying in impact and intensity. Once the segment is over, those moves don't ever get repeated. Also, the last few segments use the step placed straightforward, which is a nice change of pace. Although I don't think it matches the overall intensity of IMax 2 or maybe Athletic Step, I always feel like I've gotten a good workout when I do it.

Someone mentioned Tracie's grace, and having observed her closely on my fitcation this summer, I would have to say that she is one of the most naturally athletic people I have ever met. She has beautiful posture and moves with such energy and vitality ... it really was a pleasure to watch her in motion!
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 01:44 PM  
desderata

There are hardly any step classes at the clubs around here. I still have my step and pull out an old Cathe several times a month. I still enjoy it and have thought about Tracie's step, but was wondering about some of the reviews.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 02:59 PM  
HelloKitty88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
What's all this talk about step not being popular anymore? Granted, I am in GA, but we always have several step classes going on at the base gyms. And they are PACKED! We even have guys in our step classes. I really like step.
WOW! Is this "GA" a planet you speak of? LOL! How can I get there? LOL!
BodyStep popular there too?
HelloKitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 03:10 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty88 View Post
WOW! Is this "GA" a planet you speak of? LOL! How can I get there? LOL!
BodyStep popular there too?
It IS a planet LOL! I don't think we have a BodyStep class though. But we do have Zumba, kickboxing, Hi/Lo, PT Interval (bootcamp style), Spin, Water Aerobics, Yoga, Pilates, and other great stuff. I don't see how anyone can NOT take advantage of all the classes we have at the base gyms. Especially since they are free.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
longevity, step aerobics, step forward, tracie long