Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-05, 06:42 AM  
schrovet

just did this for the second time

Wanted to revive this thread to give my input. I bought this workout because I needed something fun that would travel easily. I took my mats and a 4lb weighted ball with me on vacation. I was surprised that my hr got up to 155-160 bpm in the cardio. I burned 300 calories. Not bad.

I like Jennifer's personality. It was nice to see that she did not seem winded at all during the workout.

This is the kind of workout I aspire to do when I have lost all my weight (as a maintenance workout). It covers all the bases and your feel refreshed afterwards. Until then, I am going to use it in recovery weeks.

I hope to write a review soon.

Lisa
schrovet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 10:39 AM  
naturallove

I just tried this workout this morning. I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't click with me. For one, although I occasionally enjoy the firm, I really couldn't shake the (former) association of Jennifer with the FIRM. Some of the terminology she used, etc was what really did it. I thought the warmup was fairly uninspired and the cardio really just felt like some moves sorta strung together, rather than an actual routine. What really bugged me was that she didn't really move with the music for much of the time-and this type of workout demands a sort of flow and ability to really work with the music (which didn't do it for me either). I haven't done pilates in awhile, but she did a few interesting moves that I've never seen before and will incorporate into my own workouts. For some reason, her technique was a bit different from things I've seen and sometimes felt like it wasn't smooth enough.
She does give a lot of instruction at the beginning of the tape and she seems very nice. But I'll pass on buying this one.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 11:49 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I received this DVD from Netflix. I found it to be a nice, pleasant workout with good production values, but I don't think I will be purchasing it. The so-called cardio did not really get my heartrate up. You used the medicine ball to perform a movement several times and then moved on to the next one. I guess I would categorize it as solid intermediate. There are a few challenging yoga poses thrown in. Two balance ones - dancer's pose and Warrior 3 (I hope I have the right Warrior - I need a yoga bible for reference), as well as side planks in the foor/mat section at the end.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 07:14 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

hi,
i rented this from Netflix..and liked it! it is the type of workout that i will enjoy for a "less than all out" day (which was yesterday)..i used my old "ballero" ball and it worked nicely! I previewed it first & had doubts...but once i was doing the dvd, i was happy. thanks for the input!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballaero, firm instructors, jennifer peluso gianni, weighted ball workouts