Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-15-22, 04:56 PM  
Jules

Howdy! I've been hitting the workouts every day here, but still on a bit of a schedule. My son has basketball camp each day this week. He needs a ride and it isn't a long enough time to go back home so we hang out in town. My daughter is taking her driver's test in a couple of weeks and so she has been driving us in and practicing parallel parking.

Fri: FUEL #9
Sat: IMax 2
Sun: FUEL #10 + Flexibility & Beyond Hips
Mon: FUEL #11 + Flexibility & Beyond Splits + Cathe Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT
Tues: FUEL #12 + Flexibility & Beyond Spine + Cathe Rockout Knockout (1st 35 min)
Today: FUEL #13 + F&B Fountain of Youth + Cathe Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT

It has been raining nonstop here so I have not been able to walk the dog. Hope to start on Friday!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-22, 06:57 PM  
Jules

We are gonna have to build an ark here soon if it doesn't stop raining! It is supposed to be sunny starting Wednesday - fingers crossed.

Thur: Studio Sweat Straight Up Spin (50 min) + walk with the dog (35 min)
Fri: FUEL #14 + CoreMax #3 + walk the dog (35 min)
Sat: Gardening for 7 hours (Ouch, my poor back!)
Sun: Off for Father's Day activities
Today: FUEL #15 + FUEL #16 - Double Trouble!

I have a ton of housecleaning, deep cleaning projects and weeding to catch up on. Our first house guests for the summer arrive on July 15, so thankfully I have some time to get it done.

Hope you are all healthy and happy!
Old 06-22-22, 11:35 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: How do you rank FUEL compare to Caroline's other workouts? She has SO many good workouts - I feel like I want to jump around.

Well despite my best intentions, I have now gone another week without posting. The days just get away from me. Working 2 part time jobs from home is still great though! SO GLAD I don't have to go into an office!

I'll just backtrack briefly. The best news is that on Mon 13th Justin got a clean bill of health from the chemo dr. So far. The tumor is still there but so far there is no cancer in it. It's like it's dead. So now we wait another 3 months for another checkup.
14th: Epic Day 27 plus 15 Min Standing Abs and Arms
15th: Epic Day 28
16th: Body Step 59
17th: Epic Day 29

I am not doubling up on the Caroline workouts as much because they are getting longer in themselves. Plus we (me) are still cleaning up tree debris from the storms in May. Since hubby tore his ACL, he hasn't been able to do much. Plus it got up to 100+ degrees up here Sun and Mon - too hot to work outside!

This week:
20th: Epic Day 30 and Day 35. Both shorter cardio workouts. I had the energy but did not like all the burpees. But still good stuff from Miss Caroline.
21st: New Body Combat 90 on Les Mills on Demand!!!! I live for new Combats! I am toying with the idea of doing some of their Hybrid workouts which combine tracks from different workouts.
Today: Epic Day 31 - 45 minute dumbell abs and glutes. CG used 44lbs, I used my 45lb kettlebell. Ow. I love her ab work - this time it there was floor work at the beginning, glutes, then core/plank work at the end. I'm hooked on her workouts!

I've been considering stopping Epic I and moving on to Epic II. Egad SO MANY GOOD WORKOUTS!!
Still fitting in Yoga in the afternoons, meditating every day. Weekends usually working in the yard or garden.

Great workouts!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 11:36 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
We are gonna have to build an ark here soon if it doesn't stop raining! It is supposed to be sunny starting Wednesday - fingers crossed.
I have seen all the news about Yellowstone flooding so bad. Incredible. Hope you're safe! That river is mighty!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 09:34 AM  
Jules

Hi Kate: What a huge bummer that your husband is injured, but such fantastic news about Justin!

How much debris is still left from the storm? Do you think you will be clearing it all summer? We still have some trees down here from wind storms over a year ago, but they are too large to take out on our own. We will need to get the professional tree guys out here at some point.

Thankfully our house is on high ground, so we are pretty safe from the flooding. It sounds like water levels will start receding this weekend. Some locals went rafting the other day and one man died when their raft flipped in the rapids. The sheriff is warning people not to raft until water levels come down.

Great job on the Epic workouts! Fuel is my first adventure with Caroline so I can't compare it to her other stuff. It moves pretty quickly with short breaks and I have heard others compare it to her Epic Heat series. I am enjoying it very much and the 30 minute length is perfect for add-ons. Egads on 45 lbs for ab work! I need to check that one out.

New BodyCombat! I am so behind. I tried 89 last week and it was good, but I probably won't do it again. I want to try 88 today. I will preview 90 first though.

ETA: I did 88 and it was fab! High energy with easy choreography and great music. They filmed on the top of a parking garage at night! I previewed 90 and it looks good. I always seem to like the ones with just Dan and Rach and one other lead.
Old 06-24-22, 12:22 PM  
Jules

Kate - If you are looking for a killer Caroline workout, try today's Fuel #19. I didn't go as heavy as Caroline. I used 20s & 15s and did the burpee finisher with 10s. It was super intense!
Old 06-30-22, 10:40 AM  
Jules

I can't believe it is already the last day of June! I have been busy doing the yearly deep-cleaning of the house and weeding the shrub beds. I am not finished with either project, but things are looking a lot nicer around the homestead. Also, I spent a lot of time with my daughter driving around town practicing for her road test. (Kids here need a minimum of 50 hours drive time including 10 at night.) Happy to report that she passed it on Tuesday!

Wow, the DMV is like an SNL skit though... appointments are more than 2 months out and a guy came in as a walk-in and was pissed that they couldn't squeeze him in so he could update the address on his license immediately. He went on and on about how he already owns a lot of guns and wants to buy more guns, but can't until his license matches his physical address. My daughter also had to sit next to a coughing lady in an old ACDC concert tee with obvious mental health issues. This lady looked like she was about to pass out several times and was very verbal - not in a nice way. There was a moment of panic when they told us that my daughter's birth certificate wasn't good enough and we had to rush over to the courthouse to get a certified copy. Luckily we got it quickly and made it back in time to do her road test.

Yesterday morning, my daughter had her four wisdom teeth extracted. All went well. She is not up yet this morning, but hopefully the swelling won't be too bad. She kept two of her teeth as a very expensive souvenir.

I am going to try to finish up my projects before my in-laws get here on the 15th so I can enjoy the rest of summer vacay. The weather is heating up here and I am sure we will visit some lakes.

Sunday: FUEL #20 + 35 minute walk
Monday: FUEL #21 + 35 minute walk
Tuesday: FUEL #22 + 35 minute walk + abs from Cathe's LIC
Wednesday: FUEL #23 + 35 minute walk
Today: Some kind of fun cardio - either BC or Spin + 35 minute walk

ETA: I did BC #90. Another winner! It was easy to follow with decent music and I got a good calorie burn. Just Dan, Rachel and Villi in this one with no live class. I really like Villi - he is very handsome and chill.
Old 07-05-22, 12:54 PM  
Jules

Hello! It's my b-day today. We are making homemade pizza and ice cream for dinner. I would like to go for a hike, but my husband and daughter both have to work today so it will have to be on another day.

We are still getting hit with some rain and thundershowers, but for the most part the weather has cleared up a lot. I finished my weeding project and now I just have some indoor cleaning to do.

Fri: FUEL #24 + 35 min walk
Sat: 35 min walk
Sun: FUEL #25 + 35 min walk
Mon: FUEL #26 + 35 min walk
Today: FUEL #27 + 35 min walk + stability ball abs from Cathe's B&G

I also got BodyCombat on VR and I have been playing around with it. Fun app plus I work up a sweat!
Old 07-05-22, 02:32 PM  
Malinda

Happy Birthday Jules!!!! I hope you have a fantastic birthday! Pizza and ice cream are two of my favorite foods!

Also wishing your daughter a speedy recovery from the wisdom teeth! That's quite a story about the DMV!

You are killing it with those CG workouts! I think I'd like to try a rotation of hers, but I'm not sure. I don't like hip thrusts, but it seems like she does... a lot.

I start my last week of #MBFA tomorrow. I can't believe that six weeks is almost over already. I don't know what I'll do next; maybe I'll revisit Cathe's Ripped with HIIT.

We are almost finished with all the projects we have our contractor working on around the house. We have a new kitchen floor, a new fence in part of the backyard, and today they are putting a few new windows in along the North side of the house. Our house has old wooden windows, which I love, but it is impossible to seal them, so he found some double-paned windows that can be fitted into the beautiful wooden frames of the original windows. They put new ones in our bedroom yesterday and it is remarkable how much quieter that room is with them! They also blew some insulation inside the frames, which should also help with energy efficiency and sound.

My poor fur babies are definitely ready for all the loud noises to be done!

Have an awesome birthday Jules!!!!
Old 07-06-22, 01:55 PM  
Jules

Malinda - Thanks for the b-day wishes! My daughter is having a little bit of dry socket pain today. She went to the doctor and they gave her some numbing medicine. I hope your window project goes quick so you can relax and enjoy the view. I have to lock our dog in the bedroom when workers are here. It is very stressful for her.

Now I am totally jonesing to do a Ripped with HiiT week! I have just 2 Fuel workouts to go on Thursday and Sunday so maybe I will sneak in some RWH tomorrow and/or Saturday. Fuel has been great but I am definitely ready to move on.