Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-22-22, 09:07 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

30 minutes on the treadmill in the beautiful AC. Thinking of you guys.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 06:36 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher: I am so very sorry to hear this about Joseph. I hope you guys find some solutions soon.

Check in: Just finished week 5 of Lift with Cee's Push/Pull/Legs. It's about all that I can do to do this rotation consistently (3 days of lifting per week). BUT I am doing it and feel better a lot of the time. I just hate my belly. Losing Darrell did a number on me from head to toe.

Waves to all! Happy Friday!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 09:04 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. I ended up taking a rest day yesterday since we had a big storm and the power went out just as I was getting ready to work out. Over 100,000 houses lost power and a bunch of trees went down, including a huge one by the back fence of our community. We had no power most of the day. It came back on about 11:30 p.m.

Gibbee - I think it's great that you are able to work out consistently given everything you've had to deal with.

Karjoy - I feel for people who have to work outside all day in this heat.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 08:01 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys, finally got some weight training in. Went to Burn for push/pull and it was very good. Lots of back and chest with some legs and shoulders sprinkled in. You could tell their AC was struggling in the heat.

Jbliff gosh that sounds like a bad storm! Glad you finally got power back on. Did it rain much? I’m glad you yourself did not have any trees down.

Gibbee great job working out consistently with a rotation. I’m with Jbliff—it would
surely be easy to just scrap working out with all the stuff on your plate. How long are the workouts you are doing?

Waves to Cher and Vannie.
Old 06-24-22, 10:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Hi, ladies! We drove out to Colorado last Friday. We went to their Renaissance Festival on Saturday and Sunday, hiked on Monday, went to Denver (super psyched to see Coors Field!) and then up Pikes Peak on Tuesday, and drove home on Wednesday. Yesterday was a lazy day, watched the Twins day game and then dozed off after it was over. I was so happy to pick Cyric up from the kennel yesterday morning. I missed him so much!

Today I did my PT and a new calf warmup with Caroline Jordan then ran a mile, then a piriformis practice with Helen Clare and the post-run premix from Tracey Staehle's Yoga Solutions. The premixes on that DVD are definitely not seamless! This was my first real workout day (other than the hikes Monday) since the podiatrist told me the 3rd that I need surgery on both feet. I'm researching other options but it's been very hard to find motivation with that weighing in me. Felt good to get it done today. I even ran while it was 88 and real feel was like 92! I don't know how this winter girl isn't melting on hot summer runs!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 09:04 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a quick swim and lower body at Burn. Lots of good old fashioned squats and lunges which felt great! I think my fav was kettlebell sumo squats.

Vannie so good to hear from you and to know you are enjoying exercise again. Wow! I wished I lived that close to Colorado. What a fun time with hiking! What is Coors field? I feel like I should know. I am so sorry that you have to consider having surgery on both feet. What is your likely timeline? We are thinking of you.

Yesterday it reached 104 degrees here, one degree short of all time record. The water in the pool was 90 degrees, really too hot for lap swimming. I had to rest a bit after nearly every lap. Thankfully it rained last night and it is a bit cooler today.

Have a great weekend everyone! Supposed to go to a pool party today.
Old 06-25-22, 09:20 AM  
Vantreesta

Karen, it's like a 13-15 hour drive for us to Colorado Springs where we stayed. Definitely not a skip and a hop! Coors Field is where the Rockies play. Even though they're not one of my teams I just love all things baseball!

I've been trying to learn everything I can about my feet. My chiropractor looked at the X-rays and report but never gave me his impressions, which was the whole point in showing him. I have PT on Monday and will get her thoughts, even though she doesn't specialize in feet either. Then I guess I will make an appointment for a second opinion. I do not want to have surgery. I'm pretty much terrified of all aspects of surgery, can't afford to be laid up bc Cyric needs his walks and is a problem child who hubby hates to walk, and movement is a big part of maintaining my mental health. My pain is so mild and intermittent I'm afraid they'll do surgery and then things will actually hurt worse and more often. I actually had a goal of making it through life without ever having surgery! I guess technically having my wisdom teeth removed in college was surgery though. But I freaked out signing the paperwork for that and my mom had to talk me down and get me to go through with it.

It's only like 68 here right now but just miserable out. They're calling for rain today and it just feels like a heavy wet blanket out from the humidity being so high. And zero wind when we walked so we only did the short one. I know I shouldn't complain, at least it's well under 104!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 06:12 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a long walk with DH + 35 minutes of upper body strength training + 30 minutes of pilates.

Vannie
- Your trip to Colorado sounds so much fun! I totally sympathize about not wanting to have surgery.

Karjoy - 104 is way too hot. Luckily we are still in the low 90s this week.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a great weekend.
Old 06-26-22, 09:17 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Rest day today except we did drive about half an hour to a local spring to let me
Practice swimming for 5-20 minutes in cold water, about 72 degrees, which is darn chilly but pretty refreshing too. It was not bad and the spring for the Tri should be just the same temp. Plus, it will be hot biking and running. I will catch up tomorrow.
Old 06-27-22, 01:35 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 52 minutes of total body strength training + 30 minutes of pilates.

Waves to all.