Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-22, 09:14 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, I'm doing Cee's Beginners series right now! I love the simple format (3 sets of each exercise, then move on). I thought about doing the 40-4-40 rotation - and I have tried some of those workouts - but the 30-minute time frame is SO much more doable for me!!!

Here's the link to my Afternoon Yin Yoga practice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjJUOwzRUIA&t=2s

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-22, 09:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth, I really enjoyed the yin routine. Your new haircut is adorable! Do you use a flatiron or are you fortunate enough to get that sleekness from just a blow dry?

Oh drat Sandra, too bad about your cranky knee.

Cyana, thanks for the tip on the YMAA sale. I ordered the Five Elements DVD that I missed out on last sale. Kind of annoying about the S&S charge, though. It seems like the path to enlightenment with Lee and YMAA is filled with postal fees.

Carolyn, I have to figure out how to take Kassandra's moon practice since I also pre-ordered. Those measuring spoons are sweet! Thanks for sharing. Do you get the Anna hummingbirds out west?

Everyone have a marvelous day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-22, 09:28 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, thanks for the sweet comments about my hair! It's the same basic cut, just went a bit shorter/more face-framing this time. My hair is definitely super-straight, but no, it's not sleek - I do use a flatiron. Actually, before I filmed that video, I think I used the flatiron not just to straighten but to tousle my hair a bit, as I wanted that just got out of bed type of look for the Morning Yin.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-20-22, 10:16 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Raising the Bar upper body workout plus calves
Jackie's Essentrics Class

I'm looking forward to doing Beth's Afternoon Yin Yoga video.

Sandra, I hope your knee resolves quickly.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-22, 07:56 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Some good news. Doing some internet research, I think I figured out the cause of the recurrent problem with my left knee -- it is the kneecap slipping sideways out of the femoral groove. I won't go into detail, but somehow it slipped it back into place and the pain immediately ceased. So now I'm back to strengthening the muscles around my knee so that the kneecap doesn't go wandering around. To that end, for

Today's Workout: I tried out a routine recommended by Bob & Brad for Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. On their video they mentioned there was a PDF for the program on their website and that was super helpful. There are six exercises total for the first two weeks, with three of them specifically strengthening the hip. Most of the exercises also incorporate 10-second holds with each rep. To be honest, this took a lot of time and got a bit tedious. I'll use the exercises, but do less sets or reps so that I can include other exercises. I finished today's workout with my own stretches.

Earlier today I did casual walking downtown prior to my appointment at CalPers for my retirement application. Didn't realize when I made the appointment that today is the Juneteenth holiday, and that the area was pretty deserted. Still, I enjoyed strolling past a few of the highrises I worked in back when I was doing legal.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-22, 08:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, great that you found an answer about your knee and think you know what will help in the future!

I had a pretty active day, with some cardio and Pilates in the a.m., a short (5 mile) bike ride to take returns back to the library in the afternoon, a Pilates anytime routine before dinner, and I short walk with DH just now.

The Pilates was a free offer from AARP that I saw on FB (I told you they were stalking me, haha). I decided to sign up. I though it would move too slow, but it was actually a nice little standing Pilates routine, mostly focused on upper body strength with a bit of balance thrown in. It looks like it's available for anyone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwsttAzooXc

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-20-22, 09:08 PM  
YogaGal

Beth: We will still be going down south periodically for day trips to pick up mail, go to doctor appointments, and go to stores not around here, such as Target and Trader Joe’s.

Sandra: Sorry to hear about your knee problem returning, but it’s great that your research gave you an answer to your problem. I’m glad you found a phone app that will work for your retirement countdown. Less than 100 days to go!

Pat: Nice that you’ve been enjoying some outdoor walks in good weather. We might be doing more of that, but DH is having that recurring foot pain and is trying to schedule an appointment with a podiatrist to diagnose the problem and get on a course of resolution. I am joining you in needing to build up strength. For Kassandra’s full moon yoga, check your email for a message from Kayla Kohlmeister with the link. If you can’t find it, let me know and I’ll message it to you.

We had an early birthday celebration today; a couple who are family friends came up from the Phoenix area today (since she had the day off work) to have lunch and visit with me & DH, BIL & SIL, and DH’s cousin and husband. DH’s cousin’s birthday is this Friday and mine is tomorrow, so we celebrated both today. Now I need to fit in a workout sometime!

I will definitely do a yoga session in the morning to celebrate the Summer Solstice and the International Day of Yoga.
Old 06-21-22, 08:11 AM  
cyana

Happy Birthday Carolyn!!! Best wishes for many years of good health and happiness.

Quick fly by - spoke with DS last night. He'll be coming to spend the night with us Saturday and most likely will be moving next week.

Monday's work-out:
AM: stretches and core work in bed, pedaled Cubii for an hour when I got to my desk. Thigh work with the Cathe boss loop.
PM: Pedaled Cubii for 30 minutes after lunch

Happy Solstice! Enjoy that daylight - I sure am even though it's still hotter than Hades.

Waves to ALL - must get my work day started.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-22, 08:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I know it's hard with DS moving; I hope you can still enjoy your last visit with him.

Carolyn, sounds like a nice shared birthday celebration. Hope you have a good birthday today!

Happy Summer Solstice and International Day of Yoga!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-21-22, 09:22 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates (Floor Flow pilates workout)
Beth's Afternoon Yin Yoga YouTube

Happy Birthday, Dear Carolyn!

I feel nicely stretched after Jessica's pilates and Beth's Afternoon Yin Yoga. I really liked Beth's Afternoon Yin Yoga video--thank you Beth! I especially liked the use of the block for square pose.

Sandra, good for you for finding the cause and solution to your knee problem!

Cyana, I understand how you feel ((HUGS)).
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote