Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-17-22, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It is Friday!!

I did Jessica's 48 Min Strength routine today - I really do like the weight training workouts in this set - the Strength and Circuit DVDs are good for me. I haven't tried the split workouts yet, but I'll get to them. I like the slower pacing - I find them different from Jessica's other weight training options.

Yesterday - for an add on I did Ellen's new one - Cardio Barre. I did like it - but there was one "circuit" that I found awkward - the dancer lunges - I don't know why Ellen likes that move so much. I modify w/ a smaller range of motion. I feel that the pacing in the workout is too fast to do a full range of motion (at least for me).

Waves - Happy Weekend! We have Monday off for Juneteenth so my first day in my new job is actually a day off, LOL! Not a bad way to start.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 08:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! TGIF!!!!!

Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W3D6
~ Ellen Barrett Sweet Fifteen
~ 4,575 steps

Loved Sweet Fifteen. I was having a real bad fatigue day. The workout felt so nice and gentle at first but by the end of it I was sweating. I how Ellen does that!

Donna, it sounds like the Universe wanted you to keep the ETV sub going. I hope you can find that balance.

Diane, good to hear your husband is on the mend. Gatorade really does help. Your oblique challenge sounds tough!

Hoping Summer Breeze's ankle is okay.

Waves to anyone who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 09:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

My ankle is about the same which is to say not so good. Still bruised and a little swollen and painful when I try to walk. I'm on my way to a dr appt very shortly to reassess.

Thank you all for checking on me and the well wishes. Sorry to be brief but I have to go!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 05:32 AM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

Well, Gerry is on the mend. He begged me until I gave in to go for a bike ride. I was concerned because it was hot out but we did a flat and very shaded portion of the bike path near our house. If I were him, I would have taken another day off but he seems back to his old self.

Friday’s workout:
  • Treadlift – using the recumbent bike – intervals of cardio with squats and delt work.
  • 14 day oblique challenge – side planks, side knee tucks, Russian twists
  • Stretch
  • Bike ride: 8.32 miles

Donna: That’s a good omen starting off your new position on a day off! Looking forward to hearing about the new job!

Pat: I love these challenges. This oblique challenge ramps up each day, with a day off every three days. So far so good! Hope your fatigue has subsided.

Summer Breeze: Hope you got some good news from the doctor. Ankles are very tricky joints, especially considering how much it carries us day to day! Sending positive healing energy your way!

Off to my basement to do today’s workout. It’s going to be a very cool weather day!!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 05:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Just an early morning update since I didn't sleep well. The ankle is broken unfortunately and I'm in a soft cast for 6 to 8 weeks with crutches. I can't put any weight on it at all. It is aligned well now but if it gets out of alignment I'll need surgery so I'm scared to move right now.
I'm an independent sort and having to ask people for every little thing is very frustrating for me. Every little thing is an ordeal now, even going to the bathroom or getting water. Well I hate complaining and being a downer so I'll leave it at that and look on the bright side. There are always worse things out there that can happen. *knock wood*

DIANE, sorry I missed that bit about your DH and the dizziness and nausea. Glad he's on the mend.

DONNA, good luck with the new job!!

Hi PAT!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 06-18-22, 03:55 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

Cold and windy day – just like a fall day. I went out to the grocery store and Target and almost froze to death in shorts and a t-shirt! Good news is we have a new nest in progress – more robin babies! I’m thrilled and DH just shakes his head.

Today’s workout:
  • Treadlift – Treadmill run followed by 15 minute AMRAP of Squat-to-shoulder press, 15 Pushups, 20 walking lunges, 15 Squats
  • Yoga with Lesley for Sciatica
  • Afternoon: 14 Day Oblique Challenge

Summer Breeze: Oh no! I’m so, so sorry – that absolutely sucks. I wouldn’t move either. Just succumb to being taken care of for now and try to avoid surgery at all costs. I feel awful for you. Thank you on DH.

Hi to Donna & Pat!

Diane
Old 06-19-22, 09:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I squeezed in:

Ellen - Align & Shine
Trifecta Pilates - Total Mobility Routine

Summer Breeze - Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that, it is good you got it checked though. I understand about being independent, I'm the same way - but better to rely on others for now than to need surgery later. Please let us know how you are doing.

Diane - we had autumnal weather yesterday, too, it was a nice break after the 90's and humidity all week.

Nice work, Pat - Just love Ellen!

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-22, 03:49 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

I didn’t think I would be doing much of anything today but DH coaxed me into riding my bike as he ran. It’s a beautiful day but a bit windy. So, I gave in and had a great bike ride. I didn't feel like doing anything this afternoon, other than reading and watching the baseball games, but it is Pizza Sunday! We have decided that I will make pizza every Sunday and start a new tradition.

Today’s Workout:
  • Bad Yogi Hyper Mobility Short Practice
  • Essentrics Core & Abs
  • Bike Ride: 12.06 miles

Donna: I’ve never been able to get into Ellen and, having an Essentrics subscription (month by month), I’m not sure I’m on board with Essentrics either. I keep trying nevertheless!

Summer Breeze: I know you’ll be out of commission for a bit but please drop in and say hi, let us know how you’re doing!

Hi to Pat!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Diane
Old 06-20-22, 08:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Stopping in to say hi. I'm hanging in there.
This will obviously take some getting used to but I'll do the best I can. I go back every 2 weeks for xrays to check on the progress and hopefully things will go well.

DIANE, sounds like a great bike ride. Glad DH is back to business. I'll be stopping in and reading and will definitely say hi.

DONNA, the weather has been refreshing for a couple of days. Looking forward to hearing about the new job when you settle in.

Hi PAT.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 06-20-22, 08:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Sorry to be MIA again. I've been spending some time outdoors in the miraculous weather we've been having, catching up on outdoor chores and beach time.

Friday:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W3D7
~ Gardening light
~ YogiBethC Morning Yin Yoga
~ 6,053 steps

Saturday:

~ Walk with DS
~ Gardening
~ 7,808 steps

Sunday:

~ Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Core Strength & Flexibility
~ Beach walk
~ 6,203 steps

I decided to bail on Cee's 40-4-40 challenge. I've let myself get so weak and the thought of going through another bout of severe DOMS is daunting me. I plan to regain some strength first and then restart with her beginners rotation.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga