Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-22, 08:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, glad you found a variation you liked! I love using the bolster underneath - it really does feel like I'm flying - as well as the restorative version at the end.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 12:17 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by, we are up in Courtenay dog sitting for DS2 & DIL.

Today was….
~ETV: Dyan’s live from June 6, standing only, first 15 min - a perfect warm up!
~Jessica’s Full Body Strength 31
~Downtown walkabout, 12,000 steps
~Bedtime stretch

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 08:41 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Morning mavens!

AARP is stalking me on FB, LOL - it's like they know me!
Anyway, they are offering this free standing Pilates class from Pilates anytime; you don't have to be an AARP member (I'm not, at least not yet, haha). I signed up; it's on the 20th. Here's the link for anyone interested:
https://local.aarp.org/vcc-event/pil...o-yjGXhwXN18CM

ETA: Dad has scored another fish in the nest this morning, and it seems like only the alpha chick is getting fed! Also, I only see 2 chicks, so I hope our runt is okay.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-11-22, 10:26 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I went for a walk this morning and I'll be doing my usual batch cooking for the week, laundry and house cleaning today.

I only saw 2 chicks this morning too and hope the smallest one is OK.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 10:55 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I only saw two chicks, they are getting so big! I fear the poor little runt has not survived. Maybe he fell out of the nest?

Beth - That’s funny the AARP are stalking you, you are rather young for that, lol.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 06-11-22, 11:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I think AARP might be 50 and above? You can tell that their FB articles are definitely trying to attract the younger older crowd.

Just checked and can't really see the chicks right now; Mama is sitting on them.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-11-22, 01:34 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end! One of my vendors from the farmer's market gave us a bag of her home grown onions, garlic and shallots this AM. She grows amazing garlic - we had the best garlic shrimp last week.

I last saw the osprey runt Thursday evening. He/she was in the nest and seemed to be pecking aimlessly at some of the dried material in the nest. Dad flew up with a fish, one of the bigger chicks tried to peck at the fish like "I know that is food, but I'm not sure how this is supposed to work" and suddenly, dad flew away with his fish and I never saw him bring it back!

Unfortunately DS and DIL are moving far away. While I hope it will be a good move for them, it's a bummer for me, as I'll rarely see them.

The handyman just left a few minutes ago. He thinks he'll be able to wrap things up on Monday. We'll see....fingers crossed.

I've mainly been doing my breathwork/meditation/stretching and pedaling Cubii this week. Another long week at the desk and flea mitigation is definitely time consuming since you have to do it daily. At least the cat has decided it isn't going to kill him, although he isn't thrilled about us working on his underside.

Beth
- AARP makes their money by selling insurance products. Hope you enjoy your workshop today.

Pat - We used to have a cardinal that would sit on DH's side mirrors and would crap all down the side of his car while it was looking at itself in the mirror - thinking it was defending its territory against a competitor! I thought it was hysterical, DH not so much, LOL! Have you ever seen pictures of the yellow cardinals that pop up periodically? I think it would be really neat to see one of those.

Pam - Have fun dog sitting this week-end. I was thinking I'd do Diane's ETV practice this week-end.

Paine - Our "children" have the same birthday. And DS also took his b-day off.

Sandra - Has the cherry person been around your area this year? I saw cherries advertised on the Whole Wallet website when we ordered groceries this week. I was looking at the upcoming weather forecast - I think walks are going to need to be very early in the AM - hot!!

Margot - Are you harvesting anything from your garden yet? I'm happy to see summer squash coming into season and I got some cherry tomatoes at the market this morning.

Need to run for now. Hope everyone has a good week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 08:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today as my rest day although DH and I did a fair amount of walking & racked up 11,000 steps. I hope to get my bedtime stretch in later.

Cyana - (((Hugs))) Sorry your DS is moving far away, that’s tough! When you’re young, education & job opportunities can come calling from afar. It was hard when DS2 was in Ireland, we really missed him.

Beth - AARP had me thinking 60+, 50 is young, lol!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 06-11-22, 08:15 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

No workout yesterday as it is my scheduled day off.

Today's Workout: I did routine 1A from Margaret Richard's My Body of Work. This is from 2016 and is similar to the All My Bests except it has a few segments from more recent releases. I finished by revisiting Release from Jessica Smith's Stretch + Relax. I really like this one and anticipate doing it regularly.

Cyana: No Cherry Man or Cherry Girl this year. I bought cherries for the first time a couple days ago and the bag cost almost $12! So those may be my last cherries for this year.

Paine: I think that is so sweet how your grandson wants to go walking with you.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 12:34 PM  
cyana

Happy Sunday! Mother Nature has definitely turned up the thermostat.

Today's workout:
Morning routine before getting out of bed - breath work, meditation/positive affirmations, stretching and core
YT - Calming Music for an Early Rise/Sound Bath for Sunrise - Healing Vibrations.
YT - How to Fix an Underactive Thyroid - Austin Goh
YT - Home Work-out for Core, Toning & Cardio - Team Body Project
ETV - Dyan's 6.9.2022 class (AB)

Sandra
- Ouch on the cherry price! They are SO good.

Pam - 11K steps on a rest day is definitely not shabby.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week-end. Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote