Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-17, 06:29 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
WOW! Thanks for all the great info everyone! Jags...you've provided me w/ quite a bit of reading to do. Thank you. I have a feeling I might really like some of her stuff. We'll see what happens.
Ack! The tag search results links are dead now. Oops! Sorry. The 3rd link, Aunt Famous' month with Tracie is still active though, and has a lot of good info, and it is what enabled me to buy/trade/acquire all of Tracie's dvds.

What I like about Tracie is:
a) no drama
b) down to business
c) no extraneous chatter
d) well designed, intelligent workouts...brilliant, even.
e) could do weighted workouts everyday if you'd like, i.e. no over-kill

I've mixed-matched the Focus series dvds with KCM and RushFit, I think they'd go well with Core de Force too.

Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 07:36 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
-The Firm Maximum Body Shaping. Another --45 minute no nonsense, get in and get out strength workout
This is a GREAT workout that IMO has aged beautifully. I had it on VHS and on DVD. Tracie is a terrific instructor. ITA with Jags's list of what she likes about Tracie.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 08:07 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Her Leaning Out is really good, plus Staying Power is good too. I have her Stronger Longers, they are good as well. The stretching segments are great. I find that I can't go really heavy with her workouts because of the compound movements, plus working one side at a time. I get frustrated with this and put her workouts away for a while. I think I just need to realize that going lighter with her is okay. I do have to modify her burpees and touchdown jumps, I wish she didn't do so many of those.

After months of going back and forth I ordered her two Metabolic new ones. Plus I picked up Defined Lines again and Step Forward which is one of the few that I have not tried.

I go back and forth with her sometimes, but I think she is a great alternative to the Firm, she doesn't do leg presses like the older Firms do. I don't mind them but I don't want to overdose on those anymore, so I sprinkle in my Firms in here and there rather than doing them exclusively. She is a terrific instructor and puts out quality workouts. I appreciate the hip work that she does, which I need more of nowadays.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 08:50 AM  
prettyinpink

I have tried or own most of hers starting with the TLTs.

I think the two Stronger Longers are really the best of them. I like that the new Metabolism ones are short, but I just don't like the workouts quite as much. I think they work best as add ons for me.

I also really like Breakthrough, Leaning Out, and Reboot 2. I do some of the other Focus ones occasionally.

Tracie's workouts are what I do when I am tired and don't feel like working out. They are done before you know it.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 04:10 PM  
ncl

OK, so I just bought the Stronger Longers based on recs here (great price and free shipping with amazon prime) and did Step Forward this a.m. I will hold off on the newest ones for now, hoping price will come down.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 05:36 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
OK, so I just bought the Stronger Longers based on recs here (great price and free shipping with amazon prime) and did Step Forward this a.m. I will hold off on the newest ones for now, hoping price will come down.
What's your opinion so far? From all the clips I've looked at, it seems Tracie likes cicuit training. So do I and it's making it difficult to choose one or two.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 05:41 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
What's your opinion so far? From all the clips I've looked at, it seems Tracie likes cicuit training. So do I and it's making it difficult to choose one or two.
See my post above. I haven't received the Stronger Longers and don't have the newest ones, but have all her others. My favorites are Staying Power, Better Burn, Better Buns and the Reboots. I did Step Forward this a.m. It is mostly step. It was OK. I did feel good while doing it. At the end she tacks on a little chest and triceps. I hate that. Then if i want to do a weights workout the next day I am doubling up on chest and triceps. Don't much see the point, so I did my own thing when she did that instead.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
longevity, staying power, step forward, stronger longer