Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-15, 03:33 PM  
goalseeker

Question Barre3 or Essentric TV

I first saw essentrics tv streaming workouts and I became interested and then I saw barre3. I am interested in both and they are about the same money. Can anyone give me your opinion? Thanks Chryl
goalseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 03:48 PM  
rockette
VF Supporter

I tried Barre3 about a year ago. I didn't think it was worth the money then because the shorter workouts were just the longer workouts cut down to smaller segments. I felt duped once I realized that. Maybe they changed things since then, but if it's still the same I would go with Essentrics, more value IMO.
Old 02-22-15, 04:03 PM  
cherimac

The barre3 10 minute workouts are portions of the longer 30, 40, and 60 minute workouts(mostly, there are a few 10 minute workouts that are different and stand-alone) but the 30, 40, and 60 are all different.

Depends on what you like. I have tried many, many times to click with CS/Essentrics and just don't. Maybe one day. barre3, on the other hand, is great exercise for me and very therapeutic.

I know barre3 has a 2 week trial for free so you could try it out and see if it's your cup of tea.
Old 02-22-15, 04:13 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I like both, but would suggest EssentricsTV over barre3.
Old 02-22-15, 04:19 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Do you own any CS/Essentrics? How about Barre3 dvds? I guess I'd consider that when making a decision. EssentricsTV doesn't have a lot of exclusive content but if you don't own those workouts it's a huge value. I don't know anything about Barre3, but I do own many of the dvds.

Also, how do you like to exercise? What do you prefer to do?

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15, 05:53 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I tried Barre3 last year; I enjoyed it, but it made me bulk. But most barre makes me bulk for some reason. I am short (5'4") and put muscle on very easily, so I just couldn't make it work for me.

However, because I don't own any CS/Essentrics DVDs, once I found Essentrics TV, it was exactly what my body needed. I've done one episode (sometimes more!) a day since last July and have lost 10 pounds. I feel longer and leaner, and now I actually focus on my posture all day. It's pretty much all I do on a regular basis now!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 12:06 PM  
goalseeker

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I think I am going to try Essentrics. Couldn't have made up my mind without you. Thanks again
goalseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 01:08 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalseeker View Post
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I think I am going to try Essentrics. Couldn't have made up my mind without you. Thanks again
Enjoy!

Tags
dislike