Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-09, 07:53 PM  
TracyK9

Suggestions for workouts like this one....

I love Gilad's Step Aerobics! I know I'm late to the party but I've just started exercising again for the first time in a while. I used to do step at the gym years ago but hadn't really found a DVD I liked til now.

Can anyone suggest other step DVD's or aerobic DVD's that are similar? I already have one of Gilad's floor aerobics DVD's on the way. I would like another step workout to alternate with. Considering Kathy Smith's step workout...not sure though.

I already own Mission Possible and Go! which are fine but I like Gilad's better. And I traded Step Reebok because I didn't like the dark feel to it.

Thanks for any suggestions!
TracyK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 08:07 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Well there's Gilad's Step and Tone, where you lift lightweight dumbbells throughout the stepping. It's pretty repetitive but it's still Gilad.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 09:20 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Well there's Gilad's Step and Tone, where you lift lightweight dumbbells throughout the stepping. It's pretty repetitive but it's still Gilad.
I was going to recommend Step and Tone, too. I feel like I get more out of my workout when I combine step with hand weights. Gilad did a good job with this one. An oldie but a goodie.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 09:56 PM  
TracyK9

Well, maybe it is Gilad that I like so much about it! I didn't realize he had another one, off to look for it!
TracyK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 09:57 PM  
bfit

The Kathy Smith one is good and basic. There is also the Kathy Smith Great Buns and Thighs step workout, and also her Fat Burning Breakthrough that has step segments alternating with weight segments. The Fat Burning Breakthrough workout is outdoors. Another good basic one that I just tried is the Shapely Girl step workout with Debra Mazda. I was a little reluctant to get it because I thought it might be too easy, but it's not; it's basic and fun with good music too. Another oldie but goodie (that might be hard to find now) is Step and Awesome Abs with Donna Richardson.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gilad step