Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-22, 07:18 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Moving for Beauty - 30min. Nice, flowy workout and just what I needed this morning.

PBL HEAT Upper Body with Band - 19min. This one was tough and it followed the same format as the previous HEAT workout. Voiceover and this jarring 3-beep sound signalling the end of each move. I liked the workout because it moved quickly and it was tough, but I'm still not a fan of this beep.

Carol, good to hear that you're feeling better!

Nice workout Donna! This move with front raise/squat would not work for me either. My back would not like it for sure.

Gotta go to the office for couple of hours this morning, so I have to get going.

Waves!
Old 08-18-22, 11:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Continuing on w/ Self....

Self - Slim & Sleek w/ Ellen - this is mainly a cardio workout - mixed impact, but I kept it low w/ the modifier (Debra?). There is a little ballet in the beginning and a short weight section at the end. Beach scenery - the same as Bikini Ready Fast.

I may get a CS in later today - I haven't done any Essentrics yet this week.

Nice work, Dana - Moving for Beauty is one of my favorites from Ellen's site!

Carol - I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope Bonnie enjoys her class!!!

Hope everyone has a nice day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 08:56 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Align & Shine - 20min
PBL Total Body Booty Band - 29min
21DF Total Body Cardio Fix - 30min

I had the time and energy this morning, so I just kept on going. I quite enjoyed Align & Shine because it loosened me up nicely before I attempted PBL. Lisa's workout was a killer as usual, but I instantly feel slimmer after I do one of her classes.

Hope everyone is doing well! Waves!
Old 08-20-22, 02:43 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I wrapped up my Self Magazine videos yesterday w/ a lower body workout (something about "Sexy Legs" in the title, I can't remember it's exact title!) w/ Violet Zaki. It was probably my least favorite of the workouts I did this week from Self - it started w/ some standing unweighted leg exercises, as far as I can remember now it was squats, lunges, etc. Then there was a cardio section - although it could be done low impact, it was demonstrated at high impact - and no modifier - then there was a weighted leg section that included some balance type exercises (which seemed to fit better w/ the "unweighted" category) as well as some other exercises like squats/lunges, etc. It wrapped up w/ some floorwork. The outdoor scenery was nice - same location as Kimberly Spreen's Self workouts.

Today, it was back to Ellen - I did:

Serene Strength
Pilates Mix

I enjoy mixing these two together for a 40 min workout. Pilates Mix does not include crunches, roll-ups, etc. It is about half standing/half floor.

Nice mix of workouts, Dana!!

Carol - how are you? How are the doggie classes going?

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 08-21-22, 11:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Walk with Weights
Ellen - Sleek side body

Walk with Weights is a 45 min "barefoot" walk w/ weights. I really like the music on this one - I got about 3600 steps from it, so that was decent.
I like Sleek Side body - 15 min of some side body toning and stretching. It complimented the walk well.

Carol - hope you are feeling ok

Take care,

Donna
Old 08-22-22, 06:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Well, I spent Friday and Saturday coughing my head off - was it allergies from being at the Barn Hunt class in the barn with dust and hay, or just more of the same of whatever it is I've had? - and then I spent last night sneezing my head off, but I did manage a brief workout Sunday afternoon:

Pahla B - Firming Weights Workout for Women Over 50 - 5PD #45 - 23 minutes

This was short enough and got me moving, but wasn't technically cardio, which were my only requirements for a workout. I may stick with Pahla for a while, or flip to Fab & Fit Over Forty with Rhoda's 15 minute playlist, or even do a month of Ellen. We will see what touches my fancy this afternoon.

Bonnie was surprisingly intimidated at first at the Barn Hunt class - a strange place, a bunch of strange dogs and people, I guess - I usually just see her "Bonnie the Bully" persona at home. After she got used to all of that and figured out what the rats were, she got a little more interested in it. We'll see how this week goes. I will probably have to mask up because of all the hay and dirt - I don't want a repeat of Friday and Saturday where I am coughing all day long.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-22, 08:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far:

Ellen - Yoga Pump & Affirmative Flow - I thought these two went well together. I like Yoga Pump, I just wish it was 30 min instead of 20!

I think I'm going to purchase Lift & Shift and try the hybrid rotation with Strong and Centered. I do better with a plan....and I am hoping that this will be do-able. It is also a good time of year for me to do it - the cooler temps coming will mean more outdoor walking opportunities and as it gets darker earlier at night I'm hoping I can sleep better.....although some of my sleep issues are my elderly dog!

Carol - glad you got a workout in! Barn hay and dust is a killer for allergies. My Golden is very confident on her "home turf" but when you take her out of her comfort zone she becomes a bit more submissive, too.

Hope everyone had a good start to the week. Can't believe my staycation is over. I think I need to start taking 2 weeks in a row off - although I'm not sure I can convince myself to go back after that!

Take care,

Donna
Old 08-22-22, 08:27 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Sculpt & Flow - 30min. This one was with Natalie. In theory, I should have liked this workout. It's flowy, uses light weights and has a lot of different moves which is everything I like. But, in reality I didn't like it much. It was all twist, arms up/down, curtsey, swoop down, lunge back/forth - all seemingly at the same time. I found it difficult to follow the flow of this workout and I almost never have problems with choreography.

PBL Lower Abs - 14min.
PBL Quadriceps Stretch - 14min.
The quad stretch was very difficult for me because I have very tights quads and it's the area I need to stretch the most.

It's a nice morning here and since I don't have to go to the office today, I think I'll go for a walk by the river.

Carol, I hope you're feeling better. Donna, if you decide to purchase L&S, I'd be curious to hear your opinion. I still haven't done any of Jessica's Strong & Centered - other than 1 walking workout and the one with the sliding disk. Maybe one day.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 08-23-22, 06:22 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's movement was just a

Walk - 25 minutes

This was about all I could do. Still coughing my head off, but the sneezes have stopped. One of DS's professors - they spent last Thursday afternoon cleaning out the lab together - just tested positive for CoVid. I think DS will be fine - he said he wore a mask most of the time, because of whatever it is that I've had, plus the lab was dusty.

Not sure if I will get anything in tonight or not. Board meeting at 4:30 - they are "wineing" and dining the search consultants, but I think I'm just there for the first part to talk budget - no idea how long that will take, but it's downtown so that complicates everything.

Dana - Not Donna, but if you weren't crazy about Strong and Centered, you will not like Lift and Shift. At least that's how I was. Luckily Lift and Shift was returnable for a full refund.

Donna - 2 weeks off in a row is a killer! Plus there's all that work just waiting for when you get back.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 08:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I wrapped the day up w/ a CS from Season 10 - I'm following the latest challenge on ETV - but doing it at my own pace, rather than daily. This was a nice, all standing stretch on the beach w/ Miranda.

Today, so far has been:

Lively Ladies - 30 Min Walking Workout (from 8/22)
Lively Ladies - Mobility Flow - Cool Down and Stretch

I really enjoy Trish/Lively Ladies - she is very comforting to me for some reason. She is similar to Pahla B, i think - a little less chatty, I think her workouts are a little more intense though and longer. She does include a fairly thorough warm up and then she links to a playlist of longer cool downs. She just seems like a lovely down to earth person.

It is funny how sometimes I like the all music/no talking format and then other times, I like the all talking/no music format!

Dana - I find Natalie's workouts more difficult to follow too - it is like there is just too much going on and they don't feel as zen as Ellen's. I will let you know about L&S - the good thing is Jessica does offer a 60 day money back guarantee, so you get a decent amount of time to try the workouts to see if they work for you. I am going back and forth on whether or not to try it - on the one hand having a schedule helps me, but I also like doing my own thing based on how I'm feeling or what motivates me that day. I do feel like I got stronger and had more stamina after following Strong & Centered.

Carol - hopefully DS will miss out on COVID. ugh. And good luck w/ the board meeting!

At least it is Tuesday.

Donna