Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-05-22, 01:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I just have to say that I forgot my earrings today and feel naked...I need to hide a pair of studs in my purse!

Second day in the new office (I was remote yesterday) and I've gotten pretty settled in. I still have a few things to hang, but it is feeling more real. Also had a good convo with my new boss today, so that's positive.

May do yoga-only when I get home today; haven't decided yet. happy Friday, all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 10:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics
~functional fitness running errands, doing laundry, and getting the house ready for the next round of family arriving tonight. 10,532 steps and counting….

Beth - I’m chuckling about you feeling naked without earrings as I rarely wear earrings or make up, lol.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 03:06 AM  
Twigs

Good morning all!

Yesterday evening I did Gail's Advanced 45 minute class. I loved the standing leg work, which was a lot more intense than usual.

This morning's short routines:
- Body Groove - Heather Funk
- HealthBarre - Butt & Thighs
- Bellyfit DOTM's latest Offering of First Fruits. I shortened to around 20 minutes and enjoyed it a lot more.

Cyana - What a relief that you're not going to have your work load increased, due to your colleague leaving. Hope you can catch up on your this weekend.

Pat - Hope you enjoyed your dinner with your DS last night. The food sounds . Sorry there is no end in sight to your heat wave. They are predicting really high temps for us, like we had a few weeks ago. Ugh!

Beth - Glad to hear you're settling in at work and off to a good start with your new boss. You're a girl after my own heart. I love my jewellery. I usually plan what I'm going to wear and then choose my clothes to match!

Pam - I'm with you on the make up. I used to wear it a lot but not so much anymore. Have fun with your family this weekend.

We're out today to catch up with some friends we haven't seen in a while.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 09:10 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Some replies:

cyana, that's tough with the co-worker! I hope it really doesn't fall back on you. We are surprisingly fully staffed in my area right now (counseling), but the other part of the department (health) is woefully understaffed, which will likely cause issues this fall.

Margot, is that the mansion you posted before, or a different one? You have some amazing place to walk around your house! I like jewelry too, although I don't wear a ton and most of it is simple. But if I made an effort to dress (like for work or social events, not yoga, haha), I feel like I need the earrings. I love that you choose your jewelry and then plan your outfits!

Pam, I don't wear a lot of makeup either, but I feel like my small eyes often get hidden behind my glasses, so I'll at least do a little mascara, etc. I also have dark undereye circles, so I'll dab on a bit of concealer. Last week I realized I was leaving the house with absolutely nothing, and that felt naked too.

Yesterday I did a light arms routine plus one of the digestive practices from Yoga for Stress Relief. I'm still making an effort to use my DVDs more! Today will probably be Hamelin though.

ETA: Here are a couple of good articles from the Yoga for Times of Change (formally Yoga for Healthy Aging) blog. The first is on on stress and insomnia and the second is on menopause-based insomnia:
https://www.yogafortimesofchange.com...losely-linked/
https://www.yogafortimesofchange.com...ased-insomnia/

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-06-22, 11:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick hello! I managed the fourth day of Lucy's posture challenge and that's it. We had a very nice dinner and then chatted for the remainder of the evening. I have to run some errands and plan on hitting the gym for air conditioning.

Beth - seems like you're trending toward leaving the house naked!

Margot, good luck next week. Hoping we both catch a break soon.

Good to see you Pam!

Waves to all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 12:01 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Today featured:
~BellyFit Summer Ritual: Freedom to Bloom - I got an email about this new series this morning and of course I had to get it. It’s 3 - 20 min workouts & is $10 off this weekend. Like the Spring Ritual series, it’s from her Daughter of the Moon monthly zoom.
~Jessica’s WS3: Streamline Sculpt
I hope to get a stretch in later, we are headed to the lake shortly.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 08:04 PM  
JustSandra

Dang -- 500 error when I tried to post!

Anyway, a lower body day.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 09:36 AM  
cyana

Happy Week-end! The insomnia gremlins attacked like something out of a sci fi movie Friday night. Holy cow, that was one of the worst nights I've ever had, so I was dragging all day yesterday. Yesterday's work-out was staying awake until bedtime!

Pam - I rarely wear make-up or earrings these days, although I try to put earrings in at least once a month so my ear holes don't grow shut, LOL! Hope you enjoyed the lake.

Beth - Good to hear that you and your boss had a good conversation this week and that the counseling positions are fully staffed. Hopefully no one will leave any time soon! I used to keep some small earrings in the coin section of my wallet.

Sandra - I haven't encountered the 500 error recently, but I probably just jinxed myself by saying that.

Pat - Sounds like you had a nice birthday dinner celebration with DS. I haven't done a LWR work-out in months - guess I should remedy that soon!

Margot - I've become such a jewelry/make-up slacker after working from home for so many years. I used to put on light make-up to go to the farmer's market and when we had to wear masks after the market reopened, I stopped wearing make-up and once we could go without masks, the make-up stayed off.

Waves to ALL. Need to get started on the lengthy to-do list!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 10:07 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
I used to keep some small earrings in the coin section of my wallet.
That's exactly what I was planning to do! I got this cheap set of studs and never wear one of the pairs; they are small and it would be perfect. I hope none of our staff are thinking about leaving, but since almost every except me is pretty newish now, it seems unlikely.

Pat, LOL - if I use cyana's idea I don't have to be naked any more.

Sandra, sorry that you keep getting the 500-error; it seems to target you.

Pam, is the Capilano Suspension Bridge anywhere near you? It came up as my windows photo today. It looks like a much larger version of the suspension bridge we were on last summer (Ithaca NY).

Just did a quick Pilates routine from YouTube (Beth Reading - My Pilates Time) this morning since we are going to DH's sister's lake house today for a graduation party (there were FOUR graduations on that side of the family this year). Even though it's a really nice setting, DH has been feeling kind of tapped out family and was reluctant to go, but he knew his sisters would be upset if we didn't.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-07-22, 07:37 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's Split Session Strength.

Hope this one goes through!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, kassandra reinhardt