Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-22, 02:43 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday all,

Today I wanted to do some light cardio and then an Ellen DVD. So I started with another 'new to me' youtube walking workout instructor, Marion of the Brand Fitness channel. She has tons of walking workouts to recognizable songs! I started with this 90s music workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T39NbZs_o4E&t=816s) and I really liked it, did about the first 15 minutes but then decided I wanted to push myself harder, so did some Fitness Marshall songs and really worked up a sweat. Then after about 30 minutes, I put in Ellen's Slim Sculpt DVD and got through about 25 minutes of it including my own stretching to wind down, but I loved all the "butterflies" and arm circles, etc. like a big dynamic stretch (I didn't use the light weights as I was trying to be more stretch-y than strength-y). For an overall 55 minute workout. That was perfect for today!

Tomorrow will be a total body workout then barre on Sunday.

Eventmom Great job on your MR Sculpture lower body!! I know how MR can rep you to death that's a great challenge!

I think Caroline's newer workouts seem more approachable than some of her older stuff. There is a big thread on GD that talks about her recent workouts. VFers theorize now that she's gotten really popular she's trying to appeal to her larger audience and make her workouts more doable. I haven't tried any of her Iron or Lean series yet, but they still look tough to me! Not as tough as her Epic stuff though so yeah for variety!

Buzzer waves to you and the family and doggos, hope you're having a great time!
Old 06-10-22, 05:09 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Action Jacquelyn Ballet Body Sculpt + and for real ebianco a Brand Fitness walk, around 20 minutes.

ebianco - I like Marion's workouts, don't always love her music but usually. I like her non verbal cueing. Caroline's newer ones are more approachable but when I look at her lower body workI think not right now!

hi buzzer hope your having some fun today!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 11:32 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from yesterday, I did this Penny Barnshaw total body workout which I really enjoyed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ryH...T5yzc&index=11). Her and DanielPT are my favorites after Caroline, they are still well organized with muscle groups stacked together rather than just a hodge podge. My warm up yesterday was a treadmill walk to get my steps in, then stretch after.

I went to a party last night and drank a little, something I almost never do LOL, so I'm dragging today. A little bit hung over, didn't sleep well, and am very sore from pushing myself with yesterdays' total body workout. I'm walking on the treadmill to get my steps in, then will do an extended stretch and I think that's enough for today! No barre for me today for sure.

Then tomorrow and Tuesday are planned rest days.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Eventmom That is so funny that you did a Brand Fitness walk!! I think she is really good. I also like her non-verbal cuing. As I've gotten more used to Caroline (and those that are similar) I've been liking the non-verbal stuff more and more. It's a big change from past years when I would think "what's the point" with a non-verbal workout. But I think it just depends on what kind of workout it is and the effort of non-verbal cueing. There is just an abundance of workouts on youtube that are really good, with good music!

Buzzer I hope your'e enjoying your vacation!
Old 06-12-22, 01:02 PM  
Buzzer

Walked doggos about 1/2 mile ish each... DONE!
CAthe Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp.. DONE!

I walked the dogs about 1/4 mile down a winding road and back. We were in the middle of nowhere, so I wasn't comfortable taking them too far. There were highways around and who knows what else! So I just took them on the 1/4 mile road that lead to the hotel. They both loved it though! So I also got exercise on Friday by breaking rocks to find fossils. We went to a place called fish dig, near Kemmerer, WY (where we stayed). We had to use hammer and chisel to split the rocks, and find the fossils. It was great! It was supposed to be 80 out, however there was a breeze and we were in the hills so it was a bit cooler. My sister, her two sons, and their two friends (who we call the "new cousins") joined us, and it was a BLAST. We split rocks, moved rocks, and found so many fossils for about 6 hours! So I guess that was a workout!

We came home with easily 30+ fossils. We even left a LOT behind! We started out excited, saving all of them, then after finding them almost constantly, we started being more picky with what we would bring home. They are so cool! They have to dry in the garage for a few weeks, they are really brittle right now. Once they dry, I can have LB chisel them out a bit (the ones that need it) and we will probably give them as gifts, and hang some on the wall or something. They are really cool, but we have way too many!

Oh, this morning I did the S&S bootcamp. It was perfect for me today. I was recovering from vacation, and didn't feel particularly like working out. I used cathes weights, and it was perfect. I didn't go 100%, more like 80%, but it was good.

We drove all day yesterday, and I was kinda stressed about our week coming up. I forgot LB does camp... an all day camp.... this week. So I was worried about her doing camp after vacation, plus I have Parent practicum for CC on Monday, and we have to unpack, recover... so we made it home last night. LB had her 10 year old (!!) birthday while we were in West Yellowstone. It was a good vacation! Very stressful until all the stuff I had planned and scheduled was done. After that, which was Friday evening, I felt like I relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the trip (for the next 24 hours).

So we are home, bootcamp was perfect, and today I have been unpacking. It is supposed to be 90 degrees up here, but I am hearing thunder as I type! It's actually kinda nice out. I was putting up a curtain while standing on a step stool earlier, and apparently forgot I was on teh step stool and just walked backwards. I fell off backwards. It was slow motion... I saw the table next to me, flung my foot to find the bottom step, couldn't find it, then looked to make sure I wouldn't hit my head... then wham. I was down. I whacked my left arm mid forearm really hard on the coffee table (thankfully not my head!) and now it's slowly deep bruising. It hurt all the way to my fingers. So that's my welcome home! Luckily it was after I worked out!

Ebianco. The dogs had the best time! Plus, no matter what they charge for them to stay, it's cheaper than boarding them. Plus they are with us. They loved the heck out of everything! They loved the fossil finding because we were able to pull the car up next to us, and DH opened the back window for them. They hung their heads out the whole time and were pet almost constantly. They loved it! They slept so hard that night too. HA! They ran around outside when we got home, chased bunnies, dug in the wood, ran around and cleared the yard... so happy to be home!

Eventmom: I am thinking of just taking things to a consignment store. I agree with you... Iwon't get much for them, however to get the space back would be so nice!!! Thank you for talking to me about resale. I still don't feel 100% comfortable with it, however your input is making me think. So if you have more info or advice, let me know!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 01:54 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Saturday - TA mat but then I had to go deal with thistle all over my field and I ended up exhausted.
Sunday - Ravi & Ana Yoga Beauty Body trying to recover from the day before and it was harder than I remembered.
Today - Yin yoga practice

ebianco - I found Marion during the pandemic and I'd say her, Gina B and Keoni are my go to youtube cardio! Keoni & Marion are both non verbal cuers. Gina B definitely talks but usually I enjoy her.

buzzer - thred up is on line consignment and I don't get much but they make it easy. Our local consignment didn't make it through the pandemic but I think there were other issues as well. I figure that whatever I get $ is better than nothing and it keeps it out of the garbage at least for while. When I donate clothes I tend to go to Goodwill because they work with fabric recycle-rs so what it terrible hopefully gets reused. Also, yeah I need the space as I've got to pull so much out of my closet whenever we get the bathroom redone. Glad you had a good trip and that your dogs were able to go with you less stress than worrying about them at a kennel.
Old 06-15-22, 06:59 AM  
Buzzer

Strong and Sweaty Ramped up Upper Body.... DONE!

OK, this is now the workout I have done the most in the rotation It's good though! I went through it at Cathe speed. I only paused once when she went too fast from one exercise to another. I either used her weights, or went down one size (especially for the back! 10 pound back flies, three sets of 10 pretty much one after another? No thank you. I used 5's and it was tough!).

I don't like that all the exercises she kills, but the chest she does two exercises them she's done. Neither exercise she does the failure or more than twice. I guess the next exercise for triceps, the laying on the bench and pushing weights up from your waist, has some chest in it, but considering how she destroys all your muscles, she sure goes easy on the chest!

It's good though. I realized halfway through the workout that maybe sticking to a rotation of a single set for so long wasn't good for me. I was having shoulder issues, plus the elbow issues, plus I was feeling stiff. Now that I'm doing another workout with different muscles working in different directions, I am feeling better. I think it was overdoing just a few muscles at the expense of others. I perhaps am better at doing 4 week rotations or a mish mash of workouts. I'll have to work that one out.

Plus, I have not been consistent with my workouts lately due to needing a week off after my last hard rotation, plus vacation I wasn't real consistent, now this week LB is in camp and I have to have her up at 7 and out of the house at 7:40. So my workouts won't be too consistent this week either. However, I am noticing my abs are not as poochy and I feel better. So I might have to rethink my workouts anyhow. Maybe add in more yoga or rest days. I usually am working out every day, maybe that's making my cortisol too high. I don't know. Have to figure it out.

Yesterday I finally took a day while LB was at camp and went to the bookstore. I found a super entertaining book, and read the entire thing. This designer was contracted to write a book about design, but when he started his boyfriend dumped him, he lost his living space so had to move back in with his parents, and he lost his job. So he wrote it from a depressed point in his life, and it was hysterical!! He apparently gets super funny when he's depressed. So I drank tea and read the book.

Today I am cleaning the cabinet faces in the kitchen while she is at camp. It's a day camp, so from 8:30-3:30, so I have time to do things, but she isn't gone the whole day! I like this kind of camp better!

Eventmom; I looked into threadup before, I should look into it again!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-15-22, 11:22 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA intermediate + TA beg cardio
today - TA intermediate + keoni 20 min walk

buzzer - I see the devastation around Yellowstone and glad you were home before that happened. Thredup is really slow right now, a box I sent in March took 3-4 weeks to get to their warehouse and it's not processed yet. But I expected that but it makes it hard to send clothes that are seasonally appropriate.

hi ebianco!
Old 06-16-22, 06:30 AM  
Buzzer

Low Impact Cardio ICE... DONE!

This was fun. She definitely doesn't keep it low impact, but I don't think Cathe knows how to do that. I kept it more low impact though! My heart rate still got up there. I didn't drag out the mat when she said to, I am good at doing the exercises without the mat. The step I used a low step. I got a great workout without beating myself up! I love that. I think I love the beat me up workouts, however I love the lower ones too because I have energy for my day still. Sometimes the beat up workouts leave me too worn out.

I got a ton done yesterday! I cleaned our bedroom really, really well. We have never alternated our winter clothes and summer clothes, they are all in the closet. Yesterday, finally after all these years, I had an epiphany. Why don't we put our winter clothes out of the house? We don't need snow pants and heavy, bulky coats taking up space in our already cramped areas. I mean, I even have multiple heavy coats, hats, gloves and boots in our entryway. Like it's suddenly going to get cold and we will need them, so they are ready. Today I am dropping off the kids at camp, then I am doing taxes... however if I have time afterwards, I got some of those vacuum seal bags at Home Depot yesterday, and I am putting winter clothes in them! I already have a big bin of sweaters in my workout room, so I will vacuum those down and work on our closets.

I really think that'll help with our small closet space! Plus, I won't be used to seeing the winter clothes all year. When I open them up next winter, it'll be like shopping for new clothes. I will actually see them! I still have a drawer full of sweaters in my dresser, it's time to move them out. I don't need them. Of course I'll keep out one heavier outfit in case of a cold snap (that has happened. We have had snow on July 4th!).

I am really excited for how the house is starting to look. Hopefully it's more calm now that it's getting cleaner and more decluttered.

Eventmom: There's a consignment store in town I might try dropping things off at. I didn't even think about whether clothes are in season! So I guess as I go through my winter clothes, I won't bother taking them to consignment if I decide I don't want them. However when I am going through my summer clothes, I will keep it in mind. I guess I don't want to store things out of season that I don't want, they don't either!

Hi Ebianco!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-16-22, 03:45 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - TA mat intermediate, after I rode my horse I did about 1/2 of a stretch workout I bought long ago - it's the one Dara Torres helped create. It's a different take on stretching and maybe it will help my knee.

buzzer - consignment stores have a pretty thin margin and most don't have storage for things that are out of season. You might see if they have website with their policies. I rotate my clothes, but like you I can't put everything away. No July snow but we've can have snow from October to April - very rare but still. I've never tried the vacuum seal bags let me know how that goes.

hi ebianco!
Old 06-17-22, 03:54 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday all,

I wasn't feeling well so took an unplanned rest day on Wednesday. So yesterday and today I've just been doing my planned workouts and basically skipping my usual Friday workout, which is more cardio/abs/active rest.

Yesterday: Upper body with Caroline EPIC 3 (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwYq...4uVpN&index=17) and it was a toughie! I still wasn't feeling 100% but actually my exercise/lifting performance was surprisingly great! I may move up from my 22.5# to 25# soon fro chest work!

Today: Lower body with Caroline EPIC 3 (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGaY...4uVpN&index=18). I like this one but I would say it's one of the more dry/basic leg workouts in the EPIC 3 series, just back to basics lots of repeated exercises. Still I felt the burnout of course. I probably could have pushed myself harder with my poundage, but I usually have a buffer day before my total body workout Saturday and I don't think week, and I don't want to totally fatigue my muscles.

Tomorrow I have total body to squeeze in before a Father's Day/birthday party I'm hosting It is a busy weekend for me!

Eventmom I had to look up Keoni to be sure I knew who you were talking about but he is adorable! I LOVE his smile in all of his workouts! I definitely follow him too. I like all his cats running around in the background. I agree I don't mind Gina B's chattiness she is very enjoyable. All three of these are winners, with growwithjo being my other favorite for the walking workout style genre.

Buzzer All of your Cathe workouts sound great! I definitely do miss her sometimes but I'm just totally engrossed in my Caroline/other youtube workouts right now. I know I'll return to Cathe eventually!

The vacation sounded like it was just terrific with the doggies! Glad you made it home safe too!