Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-22, 10:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Todays workouts:
~ETV: Sahara’s live from today, first day of the new Posture & Back Health Challenge
~Margaret Monday: Unplugged 1915
~20 min on Maxi Glider
~Yoga with Joelle: Inner Thigh release (YT) - I’ve subscribed to her channel & she has a nice selection of short practices.
~MELT: hips & pelvis

Donna - I had Jessica’s Cardio Abs several years ago & IIRC, it was quite intense with a lot of high impact moves. Definitely not like her usual offerings!

Pat - Ugh, you definitely had a Moan-day dealing with all that snow & ice!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 06:50 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine’s day. Here, it’s just another frigid day. The other night, when it was in the high 40s, I stood outside on my front steps and could feel that this will all be over soon and Spring will be here despite what the groundhog said!

Monday’s workout:
Did a 20 min elliptical workout, followed by an hour long hatha stretch with Lesley Fightmaster.

Not sure what I’ll be doing today but, these days, I’m just winging it and doing what I feel like doing at the moment.

Pat: I heard that a lot of people got snow along the coastal areas in the NE. Not us, we’re still dealing with this crap ice! We so wanted to go to the Peace Pagoda but it’s at a higher elevation and walking the grounds was a little dicey so we decided to try in the early Spring.

Donna: We are definitely looking into moving to a warmer climate. It’s difficult to think about doing one more move but, despite really liking our house and upgrading it to exactly what we want, the Winter is just getting to be too much. Trying to come up with ideas like possibly buying an RV and traveling the winter months, heading out to SoCal, Sedona and/or Vegas. Just not sure if we’re the “camping” types but we would be able to take our animals with us and keeping this house as our home base.

Summer Breeze: Yeah again to your walk! Deep freeze it sure is. We love the Berkshires and there were a lot of people out hiking. Most are pretty hardy, wearing crampons and the like. We stick to walking cleared paths right now.

Pam: I love your workouts consistency. I used to be but lately life has gotten in the way. I’m so hoping to get my consistency back. I just received my Essentrics dvds so I’m excited to give them a whirl. I also bought off eBay the Essentrics Stretch dvd.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 08:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Smith - Cardio Ballet (You Tube) - I hadn't done this one in a long time, it is from 2013

I also did:

Ballet Fitness - Nicky McGinnity - leg and glute work and the stretch segment. again, a blast from the past that i have on DVD. It was ok, not as tough as i would have thought - which I guess is a good thing....

I may squeeze in a CS or a walk or both later. It was cold here yesterday so no walk.

I did get some decluttering done yesterday - paperwork - ugh. I have a pile for shredding and/or burning.

I would like to hit my hobby area - meaning my exercise stuff and my knitting/yarn stuff. I have been wanting to do some knitting lately but just feel overwhelmed by hunting up my stuff - so that is telling me I have too much and it is too disorganized.

Diane - DH and I were considering NE PA to retire, but the winters... we may stick more w/ SE PA instead which is a bit more like what we are used to! I like where we live in MD but MD is so expensive and not retiree friendly.

Pam -yes, lots of high impact i that workout from Jessica - not my cup of tea these days! I hope to get Sahra's workout in today as a break from whatever else I do!

Pat - there are those days when just getting to work is enough....I hope the rest of your day was more uneventful.

Speaking of work I don't think I got the job i applied for, at least according to the rumors I have heard about who did get it. I'm a bit disappointed but I'm also ok with it too - at least in my current position I can work from home and there is no "expectation" to be on call outside of business hours. All things being equal, I would like to retire in 6 years so maybe I just ride it out where i am...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 09:50 AM  
amoodygirl

Just a quick fly-by. I did a WONDERFUL you tube video this morning that is right up sciatica's/piriformis' alley! Summer Breeze - this felt so, so good!

https://youtu.be/DVQ_k4Wk8C4

Amazing what is out there free on You Tube!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 09:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all!! I ended my frigid day with an old Body Electric for Margaret Moan Day. She was on a boardwalk in Acapulco which made me feel a little warmer. Plus my own stretch, and I managed 4,000 steps.

Donna, sorry to hear about the job but you do sound okay with it.

Diane be careful with that ice. We're in the same boat, but supposedly it's going to warm a little in the next few days. You are brave for going out there to walk!

Good morning to Pam and Summer Breeze!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 11:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just checking in to say hello. The party was a lot of fun! Glad I went. It was so frigid yesterday but I think it will be warming up later in the week. We got a few inches of snow on Sunday so not too bad. Still working on getting my routine back.

DIANE, that does look like a delightful routine. My friend and her DH in Chatham NY are done with the winters too. They are going in their little RV in March for a month long cross country trip to warmer climes. They are also toying with a small condo in Florida for the winter months.

PAT, that cold and ice yesterday were brutal. At least I only had to go to the store for groceries and then hunker down at home.

DONNA, some nice Jessica's you're finding. Enjoy your week off from work. I'm glad you're ok with the job situation. I read somewhere that being ok with something happening and being ok with it not happening is a powerful place to be.

PAM, always a nice variety for you. Yes a lot of people at the party were just happy to be out and about with other people. My poor sister who has COPD is still so fearful of going out in public and it's definitely affecting her mental health.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 04:37 PM  
donnamp

Hi

Diane that is a good find - she has follow up routine that uses a circular band and it is killer! Annie Pilates PT does have quite a few good things on her channel.

Thanks Pat and Summer Breeze - I'm ok with it - bright side is still working from home.

So, in true vidiot style - in my attempt to declutter I put MORE things back into my collection!! I had a box of DVDs that I had set aside some time ago, I ended up looking at them and putting all my Stott Pilates back into the collection. I used to find them boring, but I am in a different place these days in terms of what I like and need in my exercise routine..so I'm going to try them again.

I am enjoying this staycation part of my vacation!

Donna
Old 02-16-22, 09:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! I had a pampering evening after an aggravating day:

~ YWK Yin Yoga & Affirmations for Serenity
~ Quick, Centering Neck and Shoulder Release
~ Meditation

The neck routine is my grandniece Charlotte's first YouTube yogi offering! It's a little rough around the edges, but I found it to be a nice neck stretch in spite of it.

Summer Breeze, I was supposed to stop and get groceries last night too, but couldn't bring myself to traipse through one more freezing parking lot. Thankfully it's warmer! Are you getting rain tonight to wash some of it away?

Donna - too funny about reverse decluttering.

Good morning to Pam and Diane!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-22, 09:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Smith - Cardio Interval Sculpt WS 3.0
Jessica Smith - Yoga for Back Pain Relief (DVD)

Both were good - I used light weights and followed Debbie and the Cardio Interval was definitely do-able.

Yesterday I added on a short dog walk and then did Sahra's Live Essentrics from Monday.

Pat - I will check out Charlotte's video - thanks for sharing!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-17-22, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got a longer dog walk in and did CS 1406....these staycations add up to extra activity.

Today, so far, has been:

Walk Strong 3.0 - Barefoot Cardio Core
Simply Stretch -Floor Stretch

This was a nice combo. May not get anything else in today as DH and I are going out of town for a few days.

Hope everyone has a good day and weekend if i don't get a chance to check in again!

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga