Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-09-17, 11:02 AM  
momofcha

Bodies by P Streaming

I have been waiting a long time for this and it's finally ready! For those of you who like HDM Blitzmatics - I believe this is where the method started. At any rate, the production is incredible! It's filmed in a NY studio and some of the workouts are just he and a participant, others are class style. You can sign up for a free two week trial (although my card was charged and I'm waiting to hear back from them).

Right now there are 19 classes ranging in lengths from 26 min to 50 minutes. It lists what equipment you need for each workout. He sells the equipment and the only thing new is his "p.ball" which looks like a fitball with a strap. I'm not sure yet if you can sub a fit ball, but I will report back. Other equipment needed from time to time - gliders, ankle weights, xercuff and hand weights.

There are also 6 tutorials to learn the intricacies of the moves.

you can follow him on instagram - bodiesbyp

streaming is: www.pvolve.com

From my poking around it appears there is no music in the workouts of him and one participant, but the class workouts do have music.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 11:53 AM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I have been waiting a long time for this and it's finally ready! For those of you who like HDM Blitzmatics - I believe this is where the method started. At any rate, the production is incredible! It's filmed in a NY studio and some of the workouts are just he and a participant, others are class style. You can sign up for a free two week trial (although my card was charged and I'm waiting to hear back from them).

Right now there are 19 classes ranging in lengths from 26 min to 50 minutes. It lists what equipment you need for each workout. He sells the equipment and the only thing new is his "p.ball" which looks like a fitball with a strap. I'm not sure yet if you can sub a fit ball, but I will report back. Other equipment needed from time to time - gliders, ankle weights, xercuff and hand weights.

There are also 6 tutorials to learn the intricacies of the moves.

you can follow him on instagram - bodiesbyp

streaming is: www.pvolve.com

From my poking around it appears there is no music in the workouts of him and one participant, but the class workouts do have music.
I've been waiting for this for a really long time too. I mixed some of the moves from his blog posts in with Blitzmatics and it really made a difference in just a few days. I'm just thrilled to have better production quality and more variety within the same basic method...I think I've just about left everything else behind in favor of Hamelin and Steve Pasterino now. I also think this is a pretty good deal - streaming is $30 a month and they are going to upload new classes every Monday. I compare that to the $40 I shelled out for Ballet Beautiful and I only got two videos a month. I have never seen my body change so quickly until trying out this new method. I remember thinking Tracy Anderson was the best thing ever to happen for my body until BB and now this has really taken the cake

I ordered the p.ball...will let you know how it works once I get it!
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 11:55 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
I've been waiting for this for a really long time too. I mixed some of the moves from his blog posts in with Blitzmatics and it really made a difference in just a few days. I'm just thrilled to have better production quality and more variety within the same basic method...I think I've just about left everything else behind in favor of Hamelin and Steve Pasterino now. I also think this is a pretty good deal - streaming is $30 a month and they are going to upload new classes every Monday. I compare that to the $40 I shelled out for Ballet Beautiful and I only got two videos a month. I have never seen my body change so quickly until trying out this new method. I remember thinking Tracy Anderson was the best thing ever to happen for my body until BB and now this has really taken the cake

I ordered the p.ball...will let you know how it works once I get it!
Ha! I just realized I never put how much it was! OOh, report back on the ball. I really am ready to cave.... When is payday again?

And they confirmed I haven't been charged, it's just the pending hold.

Congrats on your results so far!

Old 11-09-17, 12:05 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Ha! I just realized I never put how much it was! OOh, report back on the ball. I really am ready to cave.... When is payday again?

And they confirmed I haven't been charged, it's just the pending hold.

Congrats on your results so far!
Thank you and willdo! I have been dying to try his thigh work...I'm glad a lot of the workouts don't use his ball but am really excited to get it...it should be here Tuesday sometime. I wasn't going to spend on it since it's $60 but didn't want them to sell out or something and then I'd be regretting not getting it right away lol

I really hope some of the forthcoming workouts use a slantboard like I have seen on his instagram...I love Hamelin's concept workouts so much! Let me know what you think of the workouts compared to Hamelin's!
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 12:16 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

I am another one stoked about this! The participant is actually his wife, and I think their interaction is great in the streams. I also like how communicative and available they are on social media. She also is the creator of the Cuvee haircare line which is fantastic. Its pricey, but you can get it forget discounts thru authorized retailer Dermstore. A lot of the streams do not use the P-ball so do not fear if you don't want to purchase. I think these workouts will compliment Hamelin's, Steve is great and down to business, a bit "newbie" in front of the camera, where as Hamelin is such a special ball of a seasoned pro and such meditative energy even when workouts require high energy.
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 12:19 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
I am another one stoked about this! The participant is actually his wife, and I think their interaction is great in the streams. I also like how communicative and available they are on social media. She also is the creator of the Cuvee haircare line which is fantastic. Its pricey, but you can get it forget discounts thru authorized retailer Dermstore. A lot of the streams do not use the P-ball so do not fear if you don't want to purchase. I think these workouts will compliment Hamelin's, Steve is great and down to business, a bit "newbie" in front of the camera, where as Hamelin is such a special ball of a seasoned pro and such meditative energy even when workouts require high energy.
Yes, some of the workouts are with his wife. They are definitely super responsive.

Old 11-09-17, 01:06 PM  
horusosiris

Deleted
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 02:01 PM  
momofcha

I decided to try one at lunch. I did A Little Obsessed AAA and some lekfit this morning. I added in "Effective and Immediate Body Toning" which is 26 min. You need 1 1/2 lb ankle weights (I grabbed my 2.5 without noticing - and it was hard!), gliders and 2 1/2 lb hand weights. According to my apple watch I burned 260 calories. I was sweating more than I thought I would! I liked it a lot though!

Old 11-09-17, 04:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hmmmmm........ interesting...... are there any clips anywhere? I've watched their three videos on youtube. Oh, and some of the very short moves on vimeo from the blog. I guess I'll have to give the free trial a try soon. Do you know how long it lasts? Thanks for the pointer!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 04:34 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Hmmmmm........ interesting...... are there any clips anywhere? I've watched their three videos on youtube. Oh, and some of the very short moves on vimeo from the blog. I guess I'll have to give the free trial a try soon. Do you know how long it lasts? Thanks for the pointer!
Beth - check out instagram. He has a ton of short clips/videos there. It's very much like blitz.

I would imagine they'll always offer a free trial for new subscribers, but I'm not sure. They are extremely responsive to emails.

Tags
fitball, hdm, p.volve, thighmatics