Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-11, 07:18 PM  
adrien_73

DO you have a Cellerciser or Bellicon?

I have owned an UR (too squeaky!) and now a Jumpsport. In my recent fascination for rebounding I bought another rebounder that folds so I could bring it with me outdoors or when I travel. I purchased it from Amazon and received it yesterday. JUNK!!!! Amazon's description said it was a Needak hard bounce. Not even close! It was a quarter fold, which would be cool, but it was soooo hard & stiff when jumping! Needless to say, it is en route now back to Amazon...so if you are looking for rebounders on Amazon be careful!

ETA: it was definitely NOT a Needak. All packaging & instructions were generic and there were no logos on the item. Just want to clarify that is was DEFINITELY NOT a Needak!

Anyway, I need to know more about the Cellerciser because there are folding models. And I need to know more about Bellicons, well, just because! They look so cool and come in up to a 48" jumping surface. So if you have either one, please tell me more!!!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 07:25 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I have a Cellerciser and love it. I never fold mine, though. There was a recent thread about them: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=165019
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 09:22 PM  
adrien_73

Thanks, Lucky! Does it get squeaky? My UR was so loud I could barely hear my TV! (I can't turn it up really loud because of my neighbors, but I would have the volume up quite loud.)
Old 05-14-11, 09:27 PM  
kristieb726

Adrien,

I have a Celleciser and it's not noisy at all. I actually bounce on mine while I watch TV or if I'm on the phone. I'm sure bungee's are quieter than springs, but to be honest mine doesn't bother me at all and I love it to pieces. I chose not to purchase a jump sport because it doesn't fold and for me that was crucial because of space issues. I'm sure you'll be pleased with either a Bellicon or a Celleciser.

Hope that helps!

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 09:34 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I've had mine for years and exactly twice I've used Vaseline on the springs to reduce sound. So it's really not what I'd consider noisy, but of course a bungee cord rebounder will be silent. It's really well made though!

It's really a shame that one can't easily try them out before purchasing! I took a chance on the Cellerciser and am delighted and the bounce quality. But I bet the Bellicon is great too.

One thing to be aware of in rebounders: the larger the surface area, the softer the mat and the slower (and deeper) the bounce. So a 48" surface sounds great but you will find it a less aerobic experience.
Old 05-14-11, 09:37 PM  
Inchworm

I also have the cellerciser and it's great! My kids love it too and it is used at least 3-4 times per week!

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 09:46 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I've watched a bunch of the Compare Rebounders videos on YouTube. It seems that Cellerciser has been a consistent favorite. The recent addition of the Bellicon to their lineup has edged it as the new favorite but clearly the Cellerciser is also very well liked.

What's interesting about the videos is seeing how the rebounders differ, even those with springs that look very similar. And some are clearly very noisy!
http://www.youtube.com/user/CompareRebounders
Old 05-15-11, 06:50 AM  
adrien_73

THank you all so much for the helpful information! I think I will eventually buy a Cellerciser to have for travel. I love my Jumpsport but it just barely fits in my car & the legs are a PAIN to take off. If I wait long enough, I can cash in my change jar at Coinstar and get an Amazon gift card to help offset the $300-400 price tag!

A Bellicon would totally defeat the purpose since they don't fold. And it is WAY beyond my price range. I would just love to hear more about them since they seem to be the Cadillac of rebounders! Someday, I would LOVE to have one...pink & black, of course!