Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-18-22, 07:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, it wasn't specifically an inner thigh workout from Hamelin, it just happened to have a lot of work for that area. I've been doing his DMW series, and this was Course 2, Class 5.

cyana, work has been fine so far; things are still going well with the new boss. The first year students don't arrive until next Wed, so there's still time to easy into things. Hope your last work day before your week off goes smoothly!

Pam, hope you are feeling better!

Pat, DH keeps telling me about the Lake Mead body count. Glad your massage helped turn things around for you!

Sandra, wow, oh no about being in a drought and having a flood possibility!

Today I did 2 back-to-back Pilates routines from Beth Reading (My Pilates Time) on YT plus a foam roller routine from Gaiam. There are a lot of nice free videos on the Gaiam channel, but this one was disappointing - the sound was out of sync, and the instructor did more demo-ing vs follow-along (e.g., on the quads she only did one side).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 08:23 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3.

Cyana: My car is a 2013 Honda Fit. I love my Fit as it is small yet very versatile. Hopefully my Fit will last like other Honda models! Especially since the Fit is no longer being made.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 08:47 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

I thought I was going to have to extract myself from the bed with a crowbar this morning. It's a dreary day - would've been great to snooze, curl up with a book, etc.

Sandra - I thought you had a Fit. I don't understand why Honda stopped making those, as they were certainly very popular around here and I would've considered one had my car gone belly up. DH says his mileage is somewhere between 230-240K miles and to quote, he plans to drive the CRV until it "blows up".

Pat - My condolences on the need to purchase a replacement vehicle. Prices are mind-blowing, even on modest used cars. I hope ours hang in there, since we are very low mileage drivers.

I don't know if I mentioned that I barely escaped having to travel on business next week and may have to participate in some meetings. I'm trying to get the formal schedule, so I can figure out if I need to just request some half days off and then take another day or two off later in the fall. Seems it's always something!

I'm trying to decide whether to do some longer work-outs next week and/or do lots of shorter things that I haven't had the time to do. Decisions, decisions.

Must run - trying to get everything wrapped up at work today.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 09:18 AM  
Twigs

Sorry to be MIA. It's been quite a week. We had a major storm after our heatwave and ended up with water running through the roof skylights and down the walls in our extension. After clearing that up, DH had to get up on the roof and clear out all the gutters. We've also been plodding through our taxes. DH has only recently finished doing his US taxes, so he wasn't really in the mood. We did get in a couple of day trips and also a lot of gardening, so it hasn't been all bad. On one of the days, we visited the site of a Roman Amphitheatre that held 8,000 people. The funny thing is,that it's not that far from us and we didn't know it was there!

I've been fitting in my usual workouts and doing Lee Holden's 5-Day Qigong Challenge

Yesterday was:
- Ellen Quick Core Fusion (15 min)
- Body Groove DYHO (15 min)
- ETV Gail Adv Barre & Floor (30 min)
- 2 hours gardening
- LH Day 4 Qigong Challenge

This morning:
- HealthBarre Morning Wake Up
- Jessica Smith Slide and Glide (YT)

I'm back in the garden this afternoon.

Pat - Thank you for the link to your review of Kassandra's book. I'm glad you're pleased with it. I'm planning of buying a copy when it's released here next month.

Cyana - I've seen cans of jackfruit in our grocery store but haven't been tempted to buy any so far. Maybe, I should give it a try but am not sure what to do with it. At the moment, I'm trying to find ways of eating up a load of yellow zucchini we've been growing in the veggie patch. DH picked 5 this morning and they're huge. Two of them are over 6 1/2 pounds! I enjoyed your rant. A definite no to fake food - ugh! Have a great vacation next week.

Beth and Paine - The name Hamelin rings a bell. Is he the guy that films himself looking in the mirror and doesn't cue at all? I'm glad you're finding his workouts beneficial.

Sandra - I don't think they sold the Honda Fit over here. I like the name, it's very appropriate for a fitness enthusiast. We have a 2005 RAV4 that we're hoping will last for a few more years.

Pam - Hope you're feeling much better. DH and I both recovered fairly quickly but it was the fatigue that dragged on for a while.

Wishing everyone a happy day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 09:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF, woo hoo! Good morning everyone. Yesterday featured:

~ Qi Challenge Day 2
~ Ellen's 7-Day Workout Challenge, Fusion Bootcamp
~ 6,725 steps

Fusion Bootcamp is the sixth workout and least favorite so far. It's a good workout 45 minute workout but was somewhat repetitive and the music wasn't very good. Something about the two background exercisers aggravates me. Pretty sure others felt the same when the DVD program was released, I'll go look at reviews. One of the ladies looks like she would rather be anywhere but there, and neither has that "Ellen Energy" I'm used to her backgrounders having.

Waves all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 10:00 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Turbo Barre with Cathe Friedrich (Ballet Barre Leg Conditioning workout and Final Stretch)
Qi Gong for Deep Sleep with Lee Holden (Bonus Floor Practice)

Cathe's Barre workout was challenging! Qi Gong felt relaxing after Barre work.

Cyana, I have never tried on-line shopping for the grocery store. I buy a ton of fresh produce and I'm really picky about what I select so I've been hesitant to try it.

Pat and Cyana, when my DH retired we got rid of one of our cars and we have been fine having only one car between us. Having only one car has saved us money too!

Margo, yes that is Hamelin D'abell. He has some free workouts on YouTube and Vimeo.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 11:25 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning from covidville!

We are recovering, but not back to 100% yet. We leave for Europe next week so we should be good by then. I’ve continued with walks and long yin sessions. I’m taking bands with me to Europe, hope to get back to strength work soon.

A few general shoutouts as I am behind….

Regarding cars…..we are mostly down to using one vehicle, our EV. We use the truck for towing when needed, but it’s a gas hog. Hondas do have great longevity, DS2 & DIL are driving her mom’s Honda Accord that has over 300,000 km which I believe is close to 200,000 miles. We had our VW Passat for 15 years and racked up over 300,000 km on it.

I still order groceries on line for pick up, especially if I’m having houseguests. I’ve had good luck ordering produce, but I still like my local farmers markets. We’ve been enjoying fresh local corn, it’s late this year due to a cool wet start to the summer.

Beth - I’m glad your new boss is working out well!

Pat - I hope the car search is going okay. Used vehicles are selling at a premium here. I love Ellen, but haven’t clicked with some of her new offerings. I’m due for a month of her sub soon, maybe in the fall.

Margot - I’m so sorry about that storm & hope the damage isn’t severe! You’ve sure had crazy weather! We’ve been having a minor heat wave here, but nothing like you’ve had.

Sandra - Oh I hope you don’t get flooding!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 01:15 PM  
cyana

Quick moment of humor:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/20...ay3gmfrtindbmu

I thought this was hysterical!!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 02:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, cyana, that was funny AND sweet!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 12:28 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I actually got a gentle workout in today!
~ETV: CS 1406 Upper Back & Posture
~Ellen’s Yoga Tone - An Ellen fave of mine, very gentle with light weights

I decided to do a month of Ellen. With being in recovery mode and heading off to Europe on Tues, I took the plunge. I need gentle and I like Ellen’s workouts when I’m traveling as most are equipment free.

We are still taking things slow, but very relieved to be on the mend as some of our plans were non refundable. We have a short flight & an overnight in Calgary Monday, direct Paris Tuesday evening, overnight at an airport hotel, drive towards Brittany & Normandy on Thurs.

Cyana - That CNN clip is hilarious! I’ve always loved Jeanne Moos, she has such a fun quirky style.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, kassandra reinhardt