Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-11-22, 01:17 PM  
kat999

Same here, her cardio is too hard, too high impact, and kind of frenetic. So when I do her workouts where I don't like the cardio segments, I just jog in place at a fairly quick clip and turn my attention from the TV to looking out the window. She has one workout where she even has a guy swapping in a circuit on an exercise bike during the cardio sections, so I figure why destroy myself doing cardio I don't like and instead just modify, especially if she advocates that anyway? Be creative!
Old 08-13-22, 07:34 AM  
Negin

I also love her strength training. I've never even come across her cardio, and, by the sound of things, I don't think that I want to. Is there any way of finding a list of her DVDs that are strength training only? I have two of her "Get Ripped" ones. I wouldn't mind buying some of her older DVDs. I'd just love to know which ones.
Old 08-13-22, 10:37 AM  
star117

I think most if the cardio ones are in titles with 1000 in the name. She has a website that probably lists all her workouts, it's been a while since I looked at it.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 06:10 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
I think most if the cardio ones are in titles with 1000 in the name. She has a website that probably lists all her workouts, it's been a while since I looked at it.
Yes, the workouts with 1000 have cardio segments. The newer "boomer" workout has no significant cardio, so I don't think she's fully committed to having all newer workouts have cardio. All the original Get Ripped series is just weights, sometimes a little four-limb movement that has a cardio effect, but not weighless calisthenics or dancing.
Old 08-14-22, 01:29 AM  
Negin

Thank you. That helps.
Old 08-17-22, 10:36 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have not done her workouts for a long time. I have most of the early Get Ripped dvds. Most of them were very high rep, and I found Jari's approach kind of wooden, even though she seemed likeable. I should probably look them over and see if I want to keep them.
Old 08-18-22, 02:45 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I found Jari's approach kind of wooden, even though she seemed likeable.
That, to me, is an accurate description. I enjoy her workouts, even though, yes, she seems a bit stiff.
Old 08-18-22, 03:43 PM  
kat999

Jari's delivery is half of what I like about her workouts. They're very scripted, same with old FIRM workouts, and what I appreciate about that is there's almost no off-topic chatter, you're only listening for form and instructions, and otherwise you can kind of zone out. And maybe this is silly, but I always appreciated that Jari is gorgeous and really made up like this aspirational model type, but her delivery can be wooden and sometimes even goofy. It makes her feel a lot more human.
Old 08-18-22, 03:45 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

You're clearly talking only about her first 6 DVDs. When she started doing the Extremely series, she went the complete opposite!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 10:36 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
You're clearly talking only about her first 6 DVDs. When she started doing the Extremely series, she went the complete opposite!
Well, yes, in her later ones she got a lot "looser," but there was still a kind of scripted element to them.

Tags
jari love, jari love favorites, jari love success