Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-24-22, 02:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks, Pam and Pat. I think my MIL regretted not finishing college, and it was hard for her to be dependent on my FIL in more recent years, but I know she was proud of what she accomplished in her job as full-time mother - and I know I am grateful to her for it!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 09:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Just more functional fitness and shopping for me today. I cracked through 10,000 steps.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 09:43 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Various upper body routines from Margaret Richard's Good N Strong.

I'm taking this upcoming week off of work since I'm almost capped out on PTO (paid time off), and I would otherwise lose it. I'm considering this yet another practice Retirement!

Beth: I agree that it was a blessing your MIL went relatively quickly. I'm sure that is what she would have wanted. Her strength in living with MS for so long is amazing!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 06:43 AM  
Margot

Good morning everyone!

Most of our time this weekend was spent painting our upstairs landing and stairwell. Cutting in around a lot of doors and windows sure sucks up a lot of time, as well as the prep work! I did manage to get in the first class/workshop from Mimi Kuo-Deemer's Muscle Tendon Changing Classics, which I enjoyed because I hadn't come across these particular movements before. I'm looking forward to the next class.

Beth - I agree, your MIL was an amazing lady and had great strength of character. It's gives one pause for thought, in that no matter what trials and tribulations come our way, it's how we handle them, so we're not broken by them but made stronger. Thinking of you all this week. It's a tough time losing a beloved one.

You asked about the latest Yoqi qigong practice. Marisa starts with some holding postures, then some healing sounds and continues with flows. I enjoyed it and being filmed outdoors made it nicer.

Pam - Hope you have a great time away.

Sandra - I'm glad your bathroom renovation worked out well. Enjoy your early retirement 'practice' this week!

Pat - Have your temps cooled down yet? Also, have you tried Ellen's latest Yoga Fusion class? I quite liked this one.

Waves to Paine, Cyana, Carolyn and all.

Hope it's the start of a great week.
Old 07-25-22, 09:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was brutal here. I spent most of the day cycling in and out of the air conditioned bedroom. In the afternoon I hit the gym for some treadmill and weights, then grocery shopping. I never stayed so long in the grocery store! Nice and cool.

We're supposed to be getting some relief this evening, IF the thunderstorms really come through.

Margot, I haven't tried Ellen's new one. I still have that and the YoQi world peace offering on my to do list. Have things cooled off for you yet?

Yay for your time off Sandra! Use up every minute. I'm curious to hear about how you start navigating through the Medicare maze.

Good morning Pam, Beth, Paine, Cyana and anyone who visits! Stay cool.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 10:15 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Good For You: Segment 1 Back, Deltoids, Pectorals; Segment 2 Triceps, Biceps and calves
Jackie's Essentrics class

Later this morning I will go for a neighborhood walk with my 3 year old grandson.

Sandra, I like hearing about your retirement fitness plans. I think it would be great if you went to some of your niece's yoga classes! Enjoy your week off of work.

Pam, I admire all the daily steps you are able to get in each day. Have fun on your camping trip!

Beth, 55 minutes of HDM is a good workout!

Pat, I hope it cools off in your area.

Hi Margot!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 01:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Jessica’s Metabolism Booster: Total Body Timesaver
~Jessica’s Gentle Yoga: Total Body - This was very nice, a couple of planks and down dogs, but no chats.

We are off camping for 8 nights, I’ll pop in to say hello here & there.
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 01:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, have fun camping!

Paine, I think Hamelin could kill you in 10 minutes, LOL.

Pat, sorry about the brutal heat by you. Does it feel any cooler if you're able to get to the shore?

Margot, sounds like you've been busy! Thanks for the info on the YoQi practice.

Sandra, enjoy your week off! Will this be the last time you take any significant time off before your real retirement?

I started doing this "Revive & Reset 5 Day Challenge" with Kit Rich on YouTube. The routines are around 30 minutes, so my plan is to try to alternate them with 1-hour Hamelin workouts. Here's the first one that I did today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO90...d&index=3&t=1s

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-25-22, 03:25 PM  
YogaGal

I haven’t been working out much, so I haven’t been checking in or even lurking, but I popped in this morning and saw the sad news about Beth’s MIL.

Beth: I am so sorry for your loss. It is especially difficult when the loss is unexpected. It sounds like she lived a fulfilling life in spite of her physical health issues. Sending healing thoughts to you and your family.
Old 07-25-22, 05:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thank you Carolyn. It was odd because it was somewhat unexpected, yet not surprising given her chronic MS combined with some of the recent episodes she has had. But everyone in the family agrees that they are glad there was no kind of lengthy suffering process.

Follow me @YogiBethC