Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-21, 10:19 AM  
upperwside

What are you streaming?

I mostly stream now as it's the way things are moving. My DVDs are collecting dust. I'm streaming Cathe live, KCM, Social Club, PowerStrikes Athletica, Beachbody and Romney Studios.

I pay up front for the whole year for all except Athletica as it's not an option. I just canceled Romney as I'm in love with Social Club.. And I was mostly using Romney for my light weight higher reps workouts. Social Club is so much fun, don't let those lighter weights and smaller movements fool you. It's effective and fun.

I'M LOVING the Athletica option only on Powerstrike.. It's great for metabolic strength and I want to support Illaria.

Beachbody, I like the new programs MBF, Lift4 and the boxing one. Also.. Old school Slim Series is a bad a%# classic.

Cathe, I love her metabolic workouts and PHA is the best!

KCM, well, my subscription is on hold.. Kicks back in next month and looks like she has a new boxing series on the bag that looks great.

I'm loving Naomi Joy on YouTube for my rebounder workouts right now.. She's amazing!!!

What are you streaming? If you are not, what your favorites right now on DVD or YouTube.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 11:16 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I am teaching a lot of classes myself.

I'm streaming Essentrics, Barre3, and Ellen Barrett. I love all three and feel like I utilize them enough to warrant the sub.

It's crazy how we have access to so many new workouts! We're spoiled!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 11:29 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

I've just started streaming as I've finally gotten so reliable Wi-Fi.

Your Daily Walk - Leslie Sansone
Team Body Project - trying it for 3 months
Lots of free Youtube options
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 11:57 AM  
Dontmindthemess

I feel like I’m streaming almost everything right now!

Peloton- My husband uses this too, more than me right now. We haven’t really used it for anything other than spinning and shorter stretches.

Yvette’s Total Fitness- I really love Yvette’s workouts and this really gives you a bang for your buck. There’s over 80 workouts on there and it’s under $10 a month. I’m not using it as much the last few weeks since my work schedule changed and I’ve scaled back the intensity, but I did do one this morning.

Beach Body- Impulsively got this for 80 day obsession but I hated that Bootie workout so much that I may never do another. What a waste of time that was. I’ve been revisiting slim series too, but I have those dvds. I will try the express ones on demand.

Barre3- Another impulse subscription with the yearly sale price. I thought it would be good to have this for days I don’t want to jump and it really is, and the ones I’ve tried have left me surprisingly sore in a good way. I just haven’t been using it regularly, I’m not sure if I click with it.

Romney Studios- I’ve had this for a while since I got a good monthly rate. There’s something about this I really enjoy. The music is good, they’re tough and a bit different. They have a Tracy Anderson feel to them, but it’s not Tracy. I anticipate using this more with my current intensity level.

On YouTube I’ve used Penny Barnshaw a lot last year. Barlates is always a favorite too, but I usually use a dvd so I can play my own music over it.

In the past I’ve subscribed to Cathe Live and Pilates by Lisa and I think they’re both excellent and good values. During lockdown I did a couple months of Millionaire Hoy too. I’ve also tried Pvolve, but I just couldn’t get into it.

I’m tempted by Bounce Society and now by Social Club but I really have too many choices as it is.

I really prefer streaming, I love the live class feel and the vast selection without having to have dvds. I agree with Jackie that we have more choices than ever. I know it’s a controversial topic around here but I’m going to continue working out at home and I think streaming is the future of home workouts. My husband starting working out at home during our state lockdown and he loves Penny and our spin bike. He says he has no desire to go back to the gym.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 01:03 PM  
laurajhawk

I love Beachbody On Demand. I tend to circle back to LIIFT4 - I really love it - but I've tried a couple more recently that I like:

The Prep - Did a week of this and enjoyed it immensely. It's just the right intensity level for me (so I may never do The Work, and that's fine with me) and I like Amoila and the vibe of the group.

Morning Meltdown - I backburned my rotation of LIIFT4/The Prep/Walk Strong because I'm nursing an injured hip flexor and kept aggravating it. So right now I'm sticking to Jessica's walks for lower body. I used BOD search to find intermediate upper-body workouts, and landed on the Upbeat Strength workouts from Morning Meltdown. They're strictly upper-body, which is what I need, and I like Jericho, the live DJ, and the short length. They have a Les Mills Pump feel to them (which makes sense since Jericho was in BB's Les Mills Combat series).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 01:45 PM  
pricek

Beachbody On Demand, Kira Stokes Fit and Pilates By Lisa.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 02:40 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Cathe Live - My favorite by far! I have been a subscriber from the beginning and will always renew. I do it every week and repeat my favorites.

iFit - They have expanded and now have an app for your TV, iOS device, or android device. You don't have to have an iFit enabled workout machine anymore (but you have to manually adjust it yourself if you don't). But if you have an iFit enabled machine, it will still control speed/incline but you can override either or both. All that to say, it's amazing on my 50" tv, lol! I love the outdoor workouts the most but they're putting out some great studio workouts too. And they are expanding on other genres such as weight lifting, yoga, etc.

You Tube - Caroline Girvan, Penny Barnshaw (Garage Fitness Girl), and Heather Robertson.

Beachbody - I bought early access to 30 Day Breakaway and 9 Week Control Freak.

Coffeyfit - I mostly just preview now, not enough workout time in a day!

Daily Burn - I resubscribed this year when they sent me a 50% off yearly offer.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 04:49 PM  
leigh1673

Ballet Physique Streaming

LOVE it. Best barre workouts I've ever found. The cueing is amazing and the workouts are fun and well-rounded.
Quote:
The Ballet Physique
I live in Colorado and take classes at the studio as well (not currently; will return post-vaccine)
Ahhh I'm so jealous. I would love to take a live class--- alas, my geographic location will likely prohibit that.... although I know that the creator did move back to Pennsylvania so maybe she'll start up a location closer to me. Probably not but a girl can dream!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 09:26 AM  
Melissa Baker
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
Ballet Physique Streaming

LOVE it. Best barre workouts I've ever found. The cueing is amazing and the workouts are fun and well-rounded.

Ahhh I'm so jealous. I would love to take a live class--- alas, my geographic location will likely prohibit that.... although I know that the creator did move back to Pennsylvania so maybe she'll start up a location closer to me. Probably not but a girl can dream!
I miss the owner, Kristen’s, classes so much! Tough yet approachable due to her motivating nature (if that make sense). Also she would incorporate fun musical themes, like movies, on Saturdays.
Melissa Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 10:01 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Has anyone tried Caroline Jordan?

https://youtu.be/AyndtzlBz-I

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd rip, dvd ripping, ripping dvds, streaming, streaming services, streaming workouts