Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-06, 01:15 PM  
lesia

Step & Tone! Gilad

Just finished Gilad's Step and Tone and after having it for years, it's still a nice workout!

Gilad is who got me exercising. My former FIL (rest his soul) use to tape Bodies in Motion for me before cable made it to the country. I would do two shows a day plus walking and lost lotsss of weight.

Fast forward 15 years plus 30 pounds after baby (who will be 3 next month LOL) and I'm pulling my Gilad workouts back out. I'm glad to find that I still enjoy him after all these years. Plus he's yummy to look at too!

I'm going to mix in my workouts with my new treadmill workouts and burn the rest of the 30 off by Spring of 2006!

Just wanted to share.
Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 04:24 PM  
bergame
VF Supporter

Hi Lesia,
Step and Tone is one of the very few non-Cathe workouts I do, and it's an oldie which has definitely stood the test of time. It's such a time-efficient workout, providing a good 30 plus minutes of medium intensity cardio while hitting all the upper body muscles at the same time. Because both the step and the weight moves are straightforward, you can give both the cardio and the weights your all. I usually don't do the leg and ab toning that comes after the step/tone section, but add those on, and you've really covered your whole body. Gilad is such a pro. He's a good one to have along on the last stage of your weight loss journey!
Anne
bergame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 04:26 PM  
JustSandra

Lesia:

I recently found Step & Tone on VHS in a thrift store, and got it since I had never done anything by Gilad. I really like it too! I just got the DVD version through Netflix, and it is well chaptered, so I've decided to order my own DVD copy.

And no, he is not bad to look at either!

Cheers,
Sandra
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 04:32 PM  
Gardengirl

I just got Step and Tone in a trade and it is pretty good! Do either of you have the 45/45 or Interval workouts? I wondered if those were as good?
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 04:47 PM  
bergame
VF Supporter

I haven't tried them, but check out the Reviews Section for some others' reactions.
bergame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 04:50 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergame
He's a good one to have along on the last stage of your weight loss journey!
Hi. What, in particular, do you mean by that?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 04:57 PM  
lesia

I think she's responding to me

LuckyStar,
I think she's responding to my original post. Back when I lost weight before (15 or so years) I used Gilad a lot. Now I'm finally down to 30 or so pounds, I pulled Gilad back out to keep me going and reach my weightloss goal.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 11:10 PM  
bfit

I've always been a big Gilad fan. I like Step and Tone and his other step workout. As for the question someone asked about the 45/45 workout I got this back when it was called Gilad's Split Routine with 45 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of toning on one video. I like it a lot. The 45 minutes of cardio includes a warm-up and a cool down, and the amount of hard cardio is about 30 minutes. It is hi/lo, athletic and not dancy - you can do it all low impact pretty easily if you want to. The 45 minutes of toning includes a warm up and a stretch so again the actual toning is about 30 minutes. The upper body portion is a little lacking in length and intensity. The ab work is good (but basic). The lower body is almost all floor work (with just a brief squats and lunges) section. Everything is filmed on a Hawaiian beach in his usual style.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 11:13 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia
LuckyStar,
I think she's responding to my original post. Back when I lost weight before (15 or so years) I used Gilad a lot. Now I'm finally down to 30 or so pounds, I pulled Gilad back out to keep me going and reach my weightloss goal.

Lesia
Oh, thanks for clearing that up! I like Gilad a lot and was wondering if he was particularly good for plateau-busting...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 12:14 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I don't have this workout anymore, but I remember that it would elevate my heart rate without me having to do any high impact moves. I was having PF problems and this was one workout I could continue to use.

Tags
gilad, gilad step