Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-13, 05:40 PM  
oltlfan

Good workouts for abs?

Anyone have some good, effective ab workout DVD suggestions? Youtube workouts are fine as well. I'm losing weight, and I know I can't spot reduce, but I need to start working on this belly. lol I hate ab workouts, but this stomach needs help, so I will have to endure.

Also, do you know if Hip Hop Abs is effective for toning the stomach? I like the idea of not having to get on the floor. But if a floor workout would be more effective, that's fine.
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 06:51 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I have really enjoyed Jessica Smith's 10 lbs down Cardio Abs. She is really good and quite pleasant as well
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 09:57 PM  
oltlfan

Thanks. Did you get good results from it?
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 10:10 PM  
JENILU

I can't tell you about "results" and I am not a person that is big on working the abs, but I really like the newer Firm Flat Abs Solution! - a good portion of it is standng abs. It has 4 sections that are each about 10 minutes stand-alone, and then 1 20 minute that is more of a cardio abs.
Good luck!!
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 01:25 AM  
starbelly

Suzanne Bowen's Gorgeous Core! The third segment really works the core with planks.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 05:07 AM  
Tugger31

I really like the 15 min "Yoga Abs" workout on Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior dvd. It's not really yoga at all, just a great ab routine!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 05:09 AM  
cindylm

I tried the Tracy Anderson post pregnancy workout (not that I have given birth ) and found it very good for my abs. Tough workout but enjoyable and I could really feel it the next day
cindylm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 05:13 AM  
kitty12

Gymabstics - it is a 6 month program. There was a thread on it a while back. I'm doing it once a week since I do other workouts that also include a lot of core work. I will say it is more core based - meaning it works everything including lower back which is frequently missed.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 06:07 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
Suzanne Bowen's Gorgeous Core! The third segment really works the core with planks.
I second this one! I also like her Lotte berk Abs DVD- the bonus 10 minute segment is killer
Old 04-16-13, 07:42 AM  
cfwb

A classic is Cathe's Ab Hits. I was going for core strength after doing something to my back, and these definitely worked. It's lots of crunches and planks, but it's also very effective.
cfwb is offline   Reply With Quote