Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-12, 12:00 PM  
bfit

I have a lot of Gilad workouts and like all of them. I think the ones I would recommend to someone just trying Gilad for the first time are a couple of the vintage ones - Split Routine that has 45 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of toning, Best of Bodies in Motion, and also Gilad in Jerusalem. The last two are segments edited from his Bodies in Motion TV show, but they're well done.
bfit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 03:12 PM  
Judy W.

Gilad in Jerusalem is one of my top 5 favorites. Fun factor is enormous, and he has some adorable interplay with his mom. Then you have the camel and the live band! Leaves you smiling through the sweat.
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 03:13 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy W. View Post
Gilad in Jerusalem is one of my top 5 favorites. Fun factor is enormous, and he has some adorable interplay with his mom. Then you have the camel and the live band! Leaves you smiling through the sweat.
Is this just a cardio workout or does it involve weights too?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 04:06 PM  
bfit

Gilad in Jerusalem has a warm up, some standing lower body work, some standing upper body work, about 25 minutes of cardio, about 20 minutes of lower body and abs on the floor, and a 5 minute stretch. There isn't much upper body work. Gilad does it without weights, but you can use light weights for it. Basically, there isn't any weight work in this workout.

Last edited by bfit; 03-29-12 at 04:19 PM. Reason: want to add and clarify
Old 03-29-12, 05:02 PM  
pharma_gal

I asked Mary about his Quickfit and Express workouts and she said that the packaging of these sets is not good and they always come lose during shipping. That is why she stopped carrying these. Is this the case? I was interested in these 2 sets. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 04:20 AM  
MollyC

I like the 45/45 split workout. Mostly because I can leave the DVD in my laptop and do the aerobic one day and the muscle work the next.

But he's also got a 60/30 low-impact workout if that interests you. Really any of his aerobic workouts can be modified because he does the basic athletic routines and doesn't do the dancy stuff.

Gilad is one of the few male instructors I click with - he doesn't come across as having that macho faux-paramilitary attitude that a lot of them have. I don't know if that's because he was in the business when videos were still being geared mostly to women - the 45/45 video must be about 20 years old by now - but it's certainly been a training style that has worked for him for years.

I'm looking forward to getting the new ab workout but I'll wait for it to pop up on Amazon used so it's cheaper.
MollyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 10:38 AM  
Kajun

Does Gilad have any workouts that are intense and taxing? The kind it would take to actually get the body he has?

I have seen his workouts on the old FitTV and while I liked listening to him, the workouts themselves were so basic and beginner level that I could not work up even a little break of sweat. And that was before I was really even working out.
Kajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 11:03 AM  
bfit

I wouldn't call any of his truly advanced workouts. I think the most advanced one is probably the Elite Forces workout; it's mostly cardio, and there's a lot of high impact. The Express workout with the short segments is actually pretty tough too.
Old 03-30-12, 12:56 PM  
Harantwanders

I have a lot of his. I just love anything he does from way back, always sunshine and fun.

Don't have the new abs ones and am wondering how they are.
Harantwanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 01:42 PM  
txfitmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I asked Mary about his Quickfit and Express workouts and she said that the packaging of these sets is not good and they always come lose during shipping. That is why she stopped carrying these. Is this the case? I was interested in these 2 sets. Thanks!
Yep it is true, don't know what the deal is, but my express set is in one of those 2 DVD cases and it was broken by the postal service and one of the discs came loose. It just looked like the case was never made very well. When you buy it new it is shrink wrapped, but that does not keep the discs from moving around inside.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gilad, gilad step, of steel