Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-29-22, 10:24 PM  
ChelePA

So the playoffs haven’t been very exciting except for tonight. Anybody watch Boston win? I am rooting for the Warriors for the overall championship but glad the Celtics won tonight. I’m a Steph Curry fan.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 10:44 AM  
ChelePA

My family has returned home. They flew all night and are catching up on some Zzzzs. Not sure if we’ll make my brother’s picnic later today. I did enjoy a nice dinner with him yesterday. He surprised me with a visit. My sister was supposed to stop over but ended up with 103° fever. So far testing negative for Covid. Hoping she feels better today.

The weather has been beautiful the past two days. I’ve been taking Winston on short walks. So far so good with my leg and foot from cutting the grass. Just some calf soreness. My husband was quite surprised this morning when he returned home.

Peloton workouts today included 10 minutes of core, 10 minutes floor barre, 20 minutes of legs and glutes. I only used weights for the deadlifts. Finished with 10 minute full body stretch.

Remembering those who served our country and made the ultimate sacrifice.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 11:18 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday, I wasn't scheduled for a walk, but I went anyway. It was beautiful out and I couldn't resist. It wasn't a formal workout. I just threw on on some jeans, a sweatshirt and my sun hat and went out the door. It was cool and breezy. The air was crisp and the colors were sharp. It was almost like a Fall day. I walked a little over 2 miles.

When I got home, I did Body Dynamix Rest & Restore.

For Memorial Day, I'm going to watch a documentary about the ship my dad was on in WWII. It was hit by a kamikaze plane off of Okinawa.

Attack Transport: Remembering the USS Henrico

He survived, but many of the officers and men were killed.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 03:34 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh boy.... I had a long post written up and my fumble fingers made it disappear before I got to post it. Grrrr...

Vintage, the documentary should be interesting and maybe emotional for you. Pretty cool that it exists and you found it.

Kim, so fun to see you posting again. I'm glad you enjoyed the R2D2 escapades. Fun to see the little fawn!! But yes, darn those deer and their plant eating!! I'm excited to go see Top Gun! I think I will wait another week, maybe? and try to find a time when the theater might not be crowded. Definitely ready to go see it!!

Chele, bet it's nice to have the family home. 103 is a pretty high fever! Hope your sister is feeling better soon. Yes, I'm excited to see the NBA finals!! I think that's a pretty great milestone that you were able to do all that lawn mowing and not be terribly sore the next day -- woot!!

cataddict, I did jump into Fuel this morning. It was tough for me -- my heart rate was pretty high the whole time. I enjoyed it -- the workout was half done before I knew it. The second half seemed a bit longer I think because I was huffing and puffing so much.

Oh, and yes, the guy purposely turned off the camera during the interview. I made a noise like the technology had failed again and he said "No, I turned it off -- just needed to stand for a while." but then he never turned it back on (to be fair, it was only about ten minutes left, but still.... so awkward.

Three of my family of four watched Coda yesterday, finally. So good!!

I feel like I have not been productive at all.... I'd better try to get something done. Waves to all, and thanks to our military connections here.
Old 05-30-22, 04:01 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Sunday I did Chris Dorner's Madonna Mania which she does with a "guest" participant. The music wasn't overly loud but still I could hear it in the background. Her shoutouts didn't bother me since I think she did it less with Mike on with her. Apparently he's been a guest before but I hadn't seen him as I only do her workouts randomly. Anyhoo, I did it "stepless" and really liked it. Chris does some interesting combinations that aren't too crazy but work well together. She did mess up on her cuing sometimes, but I didn't mind that either since I knew it was a live recording and I just kept moving.

Today I'm debating whether to start Caroline's Fuel rotation. Someone in GD said they would probably rotate a week of Iron and a week of Fuel. I'm thinking about taking that idea, at least for this week so I can see if Fuel is for me.

Chele, glad your family arrived home safely from the wedding. I find that the trip east with the 3 hour time difference kicks my butt, going west didn't bother me much, so it looks like your family is reacting the same way. Was your DH shocked by all you did in the yard? Glad you aren't feeling any serious effects from all that work! You go, fierce girl! I hope your sister is better soon!

Mickey12, my mom tried to figure out how to keep the deer from her rhododendrons with only limited success. She planted new ones and hoped they got enough time to grow large enough that the deer couldn't reach all the leaves but it never happened so she just gave it up. We had many deer in the woods behind our house and they were seemingly hungry all the time for the succulent and apparently delicious leaves.

TweenerW, Oh, that R2D2 scream is hilarious! Yes, I've listened to it numerous times! I like the idea of cutting the lidocaine patches and putting them where needed---thanks for the suggestion. You should be proud of your father today and every day as I'm sure you are. It's important to remember all the sacrifices that were made.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 07:20 AM  
Mickey12

I'm in a workweek challenge on Fitbit and yesterday I was a total slug for most of the day. I basically lounged on the deck watching Youtube and enjoying the gorgeous sun and blue sky. So, by 5pm I decided I needed to do a workout that would give me mega steps so I don't make too poor a showing in my challenge. I decided on Treadmoves Aerobic Cardio Blast. I have two Treadmoves DVDs and I like them for the change of pace. I had to avoid some of the kicks and sideways skips because my treadmill belt was slipping a little and I really didn't want to fall. I need to wax it. I like how these workouts mix in some light upper body weight work and have a really good variety of hill climbs, sprints and different sorts of movement instead of just regular walking or running. My legs are a little sore today but in a good way.
Old 05-31-22, 01:18 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Mickey12 - I did my workout and then was a slug all day.

Yesterday, I did a combo steady state/speedy hill walk for 3.69 Miles. I just noticed a feature in the Apple Watch workout stats where it maps where I went. Either it's a new feature or I turned something on to make it work. Cool!

Oh, I forgot to add that there were some horseback riders on the trail/bike path. It is funny that I'm in a city, but still there are country aspects.

Soon it's June!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 07:59 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

I got the *&%$ 500 Error! Fortunately I was able to copy my post and will try posting in "chunks."

Yesterday I did start Fuel workout 1. It reminded me a bit of something that Cathe would do, only my heart rate went up more than it does for Cathe "metabolic" workouts. It doesn't usually go up in Caroline's traditional weight workout due to the slow movement. It's an observation, not a complaint. I actually really enjoyed it, from the pink theme to the workout itself. I modified the weight selection and a few moves, but less than I thought I would need to do (the moves, not the weight selection since I will not approach Caroline's weights). I followed Fuel with a 30 minute Kat "stepless step" workout that included her cat Kody shown in full view hoisting up his leg in order to have prime access for licking his privates )

Today was Fuel #2 Upper Body. It mostly focused on shoulders, triceps and back. This one had a format that confused my lil' pea brain. I listened to Caroline's description, but then zoned out since I couldn't always see the screen cues and ended up continuing to do reps even though I was *supposed* to be resting. She started with two circuits of 5 exercises and I got that but then she switched to single exercises of 6 sets with a 20 second rest between sets. I forgot that she was switching to the single exercises with rest until it dawned on me in the middle of the third exercise. So I did about 1,500 landmine deadlifts and 3,000 tricep pushups....now I do both in modified positions, but still...D'OH!! This workout didn't seem as "fun" to me---maybe too many repetitions. Anyway it can sometimes be hard to follow even with the timer bell when you aren't looking at the screen. I'm wondering if she will use this format again, and if so I will be better prepared. Today I followed with a double shot of Cathe's "perfect 30" HiiT High Impact that I modified heavily. I've noticed that a lot of "low impact" cardio seems to rely on squats and really I can't do a day's worth of squats without it bothering my back after awhile. It's easier for me to modify high impact to lower or to change the exercises entirely (nope, no burpees).

to be continued...

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 05-31-22, 08:01 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

continued....

On the nature front, I think I forgot to mention that Mary Kate the Muscovy duck has a baby! We saw them yesterday and today while MK was in the birdbath her baby was on the grass nearby waiting for her to finish then they settled elsewhere in the yard after she dried her feathers.

bee, what did you think about Fuel #2? Funny but I didn't see your post when I posted yesterday. Maybe your posting snafu was the reason? I've done that as well---long post and I hit the wrong key and it disappears. I've said more than grrr when it's happened.

TweenerW and Mickey12, neither of you is a slug. I like how both of you do a workout at some point during the day and yet still call yourselves slugs---what about all those people who literally don't move more than from the sofa to the kitchen to the bathroom to bed when they are capable of doing more? What are they?

Waves to all! Wow, I've been chatty lately!

Old 05-31-22, 08:08 PM  
Mickey12

Alta your walking trails sound so lovely. I would enjoy seeing horses or any other critters along the way. Have you seen any quail lately?

On my walk at lunch today I saw a killdeer. I saw one last week too. I love seeing them scurry along with their little legs going like lightening. . There’s a spot on my walk where there are some wild roses which are now blooming. I always stop to smell them.

Cataddict I loved the description of Kat’s cat! OMG, so funny and one reason I love cats so much. I also loved your baby duck story. Those poor homely ducks. Are the babies at all cute? As I said before, they can’t help how God made them.

Tonight I did another new Jessica Smith. Fusion Flow and Glow, full body flow. I love the title of the DVD, sounds so glamorous or something. The workout was 30 minutes of using gliding discs doing some leg work and planks. It got my heart rate up just a little but it’s a good workout for when you just want to move your body and not even have to put on shoes. I liked it.

Hope all you Watulans have a great evening.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in