Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-22, 10:38 PM  
BunnyHop

Hyperbell Bar, looking for opinions?

Has anyone tried the Hyperbell Bar??

It's basically a bar with handles on the ends so you can attach your own dumbbells. If you just use one, it's a mace.

They also have a kettlebell type handle.

https://www.jayflexfitness.com/

If anyone's mentioned these on the forum, I haven't found the discussions yet, so if I've missed it, by all means, share a link.

I'm also intrigued by the various pull up bar type options they have.

Not sure how long they've been around, just hoping to spark a bit of conversation.
Old 02-06-22, 01:17 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Has anyone tried the Hyperbell Bar??

It's basically a bar with handles on the ends so you can attach your own dumbbells. If you just use one, it's a mace.

conversation.
You're probably not looking for this kind of conversation BUT:

I was in Rome last week, walking along, enjoying the day, and I passed a vendor who caters to tourists, and he had mesh bags filled with: plastic gladiator shields, plastic gladiator swords, and, yes, plastic gladiator maces.

I stopped and thought, what little kid wouldn't want a mace? And I remembered all those Swords and Spears movies that came on TV Saturday and Sunday afternoons in the 60s. My brothers and I would play gladiator all afternoon.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 10:01 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
... I stopped and thought, what little kid wouldn't want a mace? And I remembered all those Swords and Spears movies that came on TV Saturday and Sunday afternoons in the 60s. My brothers and I would play gladiator all afternoon.
What a fun memory!!!

I've had good success with indian clubs for much the same reason. It's fun, so I'm more likely to keep going.
Old 02-06-22, 10:17 AM  
Bearybuff

Looks interesting! You might have to be the VF Guinea pig, though.
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 01:36 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
What a fun memory!!!

I've had good success with indian clubs for much the same reason. It's fun, so I'm more likely to keep going.
I'm with you. I always tend reach for my sword, hula hoops, spinning staff, indian clubs, etc. for workouts when I get stuck not feeling like working out. At least I get some movement in and it's more like playing!

I do need a mace, so this gadget seems like a good idea because I could move up in weight with one piece of equipment instead of purchasing multiple maces (macii? What's the plural for mace?).
Old 02-06-22, 02:31 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
... I do need a mace, so this gadget seems like a good idea because I could move up in weight with one piece of equipment instead of purchasing multiple maces (macii? What's the plural for mace?).
This was my thinking as well. As much as I like my adjustable club, the truth is I probably won't be increasing my weight with that much, so for the same sorts of reasons it just doesn't make sense to buy more weights, for any reason.
I've got dumbbells, kettlebells, and barbells (one was super cheap and I couldn't resist). Don't really need a range of maces.

With this, I could have a range of lightweight barbell and mace choices.

Still trying to wrap my head around that price tag, though.

Currently driving a loaner car while mine's in the shop. Not gonna buy anything more til I ransom my own vehicle back again, LOL!

I've been nosing around and learned that this range of products got started as a Kickstarter some years ago, and they've since gradually expanded the range. Nice to see they've been able to build a customer base, so at least it's not a fly by night.
Old 02-07-22, 01:04 AM  
jusca

Nice, clever multi-purpose design. That plastic clamp concerns me.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 12:50 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
You're probably not looking for this kind of conversation BUT:

I was in Rome last week, walking along, enjoying the day, and I passed a vendor who caters to tourists, and he had mesh bags filled with: plastic gladiator shields, plastic gladiator swords, and, yes, plastic gladiator maces.

I stopped and thought, what little kid wouldn't want a mace? And I remembered all those Swords and Spears movies that came on TV Saturday and Sunday afternoons in the 60s. My brothers and I would play gladiator all afternoon.
Hell, I'd want this now
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 08:55 AM  
wlorrie

Thanks for posting! This is something I need. I ordered the hyperbell bundle. It was $164.48 with with the 10% discount code. I hope it is worth it.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 09:15 AM  
Vantreesta

I just watched the video and feel they oversimplify a bit. The pictures they show of a gym with various bars and kettlebells vs the one with the Hyperbell, well wouldn't you still require all different weights of dumbbells in order to cover all your needs?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hyperbell bar, jayflexfitness, mace