Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-21, 07:36 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Carol, is Step Across America available for purchase yet? This one I may actually get. I don't do a lot of step using the bench but I'm thinking I may try using my Bosu instead of a step bench. A lot softer and probably not as likely to agrevate my hips or knees.

Donna, please post how you like Walk Across America if/when you purchase the set.

Linda, I'm all set for Power Fusion on Sunday! Looking forward to it!

Waves again to Brenda, Cheri and Christine!
Old 04-17-21, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today was a mix of:

Classical Stretch - Episode 1130

Jessica Valent - Pilates Challenge w/ Weights.

I definitely have room to grow w/ Jessica's.

I will walk later as it is a bright, sunny day.

Today was supposed to be upper body on the JS WS 1.0 rotation, but I felt like doing something else - Jessica V's included some arm work...so all good.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 08:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Carol, is Step Across America available for purchase yet? This one I may actually get. I don't do a lot of step using the bench but I'm thinking I may try using my Bosu instead of a step bench. A lot softer and probably not as likely to agrevate my hips or knees.
Not yet - sometime "this year" is all she has said about availability.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 10:35 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I'm all for supporting Jenny with her dvd production. In a world when they say you can't get DVDs produced affordably, she's one of the few making it happen. So I am on board with the walks and think it will be nice to do for a random day. I even think they would be good for my lower intensity Sunday workouts. All of Lauren's Brooks DVD rotations have alternating walk days too. If I end up not liking them, then oh well, I still gave Jenny a thumbs up. And I will definitely grab step workouts whenever they become available.

Dana I'm so glad we are doing this. I am looking forward to doing Ellen on Sunday.

Donna do you sub in Jessica V. in for Jessica S. because you want to plug in more pilates? Or are you not enjoying WS1.

Yesterday was Fit and Bendy Shoulder school. You need a resistance band with handles and way to loop to a pole or a door. She is definitely a bit hippie and uses terms like "juicy" and "singing." The warmup prep is not easy and has tons of reps. In fact, too many for me. The strengthening section is intense and I didn't do all the reps in each but I can imagine that is something to work towards. The mobility/strengthening section was worth my purchase alone. She also gave form pointers and one for overhead moves that was fabulous for me. You rotate your shoulder out until you feel your back (don't arch your back, watch your pelvis) and then push upright. No more shoulder clicks for me. Woohoo! They generally stopped after a couple of reps but this way is so much better. I will go down in weight to accommodate this change. Annette Fletcher static stretching segment is very nice.

Doing a get up workshop later and I'll come back and edit my post if I do anything else.

Happy Saturday!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 07:28 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday ended up being a rest day - just too tired to do a darn thing. Hoping that today is better and I can join y'all with an Ellen workout.

Carol
Old 04-18-21, 11:52 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Quick check in today with Ellen's Power Fusion - 45min (hi Linda!). Very nice and stretchy workout that's typical Ellen. Enjoyable and it sneaks up on you. I haven't done it in a long time and it was a pleasant reminder of why I like Ellen. This actually was a perfect workout for me today.

Still, two of my favorite Ellen workouts are Fat Burning Fusion and Burn and Firm Pilates. She uses light weights in this last one and again, it sneaks up on you! I like it so much that I own 2 copies of it in case one gets damaged.

Gotta run now!

Waves to Linda, Carol, Donna, Christine and Cheri!
Old 04-18-21, 06:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post

Still, two of my favorite Ellen workouts are Fat Burning Fusion and Burn and Firm Pilates. She uses light weights in this last one and again, it sneaks up on you! I like it so much that I own 2 copies of it in case one gets damaged.
Dana it was a perfect workout for me today too! Plus it has an orange mat on screen

And I'm game for Fat burning or Burn and Firm next Sunday? You pick!

Finished up my first week of the push pull swing challenge today. Only 3 weeks left :

Peaceful Sunday wishes to each of you

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-18-21, 08:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Pahla B - March #3 - Simple Strength - 25 minutes

Pretty straight forward strength work from Pahla - she was even not over the top in this video like she was in Friday's video.

Burn & Firm Pilates is also a favorite of mine. I almost did it today, but I wanted something shorter.

Waves to all ~ hoping this week is better than last week.

Carol
Old 04-18-21, 08:35 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
And I'm game for Fat burning or Burn and Firm next Sunday? You pick!
Hi Linda! I'm planning to concentrate on Define & Align DVDs this week, so right now I'm leaning towards doing Ellen's Fat Burning Fusion for next Sunday because it's nice and flowey. To be confirmed? It's another stretchy and sneaky workout from Ellen that's really enjoyable. This is fun!

Carol, sounds like you've had a rough week and I hope you'll have a better week next week.

Waves to all!
Old 04-18-21, 08:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana sounds good! This is fun.

Carol thanks for joining in. I hope you get a slower week this week. Take a rest day if you need it! Hang in there!