Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-27-21, 06:09 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna that trifecta price is HIGH I hope this doesn't indicate higher streaming prices than already exist.

Carol I may post on a trade list later for those back fitness workouts. I have several workouts in the mobility category I have traded for recently to keep me busy. I am grateful you all have educated me about the existence of those.

Today was kettlebell lower body and Day 9 of the PPS challenge. I will do a yoga zone later.

Pilates hundred arm waves to Brenda, Christine and Dana!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 06:30 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Walk at Home - Steel City Mile led by Rocky - 16 minutes;
Allaire Back Fitness - Episode 2 - 25 minutes

I really liked that mile led by Rocky - filmed outside on the water with some fall foliage in the background. Lots of energy in that one.

I'm not finding the Allaire videos as easy as I remembered them being. Obviously I've lost some (a lot of) core strength.

Donna - I agree, that Trifecta price is bordering on ridiculous. Kind of the same territory that Barre3 ventured into a few years ago.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 09:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I took a short walk w/ DD and Golden...until we ran into "the family" in our neighborhood. I think everyone has one of those - they let their kids run wild, dogs run wild, etc. So, they have a Pitbull, and honestly, I have nothing against that breed, back in the day when the animal shelter was open for volunteers, DD and I volunteered there and most of the dogs in the shelters were Pits or Pit mixes. They are overall very sweet and friendly to humans - they are not always great w/ other dogs if they haven't been socialized well (but that is true of any dog - my Lab is a bit dog aggressive as in her first home she was not socialized) but they are VERY STRONG and have strong jaws. Anyway, we turned the corner and we see "the family" with the Pitbull being walked by the son who is maybe 7 or 8 - basically, not strong enough to handle a pitbull who wants to see us and our Golden. So, rather than deal w/ the impending chaos, we cut the walk short. Would the dog have hurt my dog, probably not, but the kid walking the dog was in no position to control it...so why risk it. It is sad b/c I think the reason pits end up in shelters is b/c they live with inexperienced and irresponsible owners - to own a dog like that you have to be able to control it - well, that is true of any dog, but more true when you have a big strong dog who was essentially bred to fight other dogs. It isn't just Pits either, there are similar issues w/ German Shepherds, Rottweilers, etc. That is why I have Retrievers, I don't want to work that hard.

Anyway - sorry to rant - the workout I did this morning was for an active recovery day.

I started w/ Low Impact Cardio - from Caroline Jordan's Diabetes playlist. It was a good routine to get moving. She did it interval style 45 seconds on/ 15 seconds off - a mix of cardio and body weight strength.

I finished w/ Caroline Jordan's Recovery Day workout. It was a nice full body stretch/mobility session.

I hope to walk later today!

I agree that Trifecta price is crazy... well, I will not be joining again unless there is a steep discount. I was thinking about joining Caroline Jordan's patreon - it is $3, $5 or $10 per month depending on what you want to take advantage of. Trifecta should do that - I'd pay for a monthly calendar of her You Tube videos at $3 or $5 per month...but not a membership that is $30/month!!

Waves, everyone,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 12:29 PM  
furmomof6

Hello! Thank you everyone for the prayers! So far my dog is doing well, and I've been feeling better.

DH and I have been walking every night after dinner. I went for a short walk already this morning with my dog, and plan to do one of the Shaped by Faith pilates workouts (15 min).

That is a lot for Trifecta! I checked PBL recently and saw that she charges almost $300 yearly now too.

Donna, I agree with everything you said about the pit bull breed. We have neighbors with very large dogs (not sure the breed), but they're hooked up outside all day and charge at you down the driveway when you walk by. I don't go by their house anymore. Those dogs look like they're out for blood, ugh. How have you been feeling?

Carol, thank you for that website, Balance It! I believe I came across that name in my research, but I had forgotten about it. I'm sure you did extend the life of your fur-babies!

Linda, I love that! The hundred wave back at you!

Waves to Dana, Brenda & Cheri!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 12:58 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Just stopping by to say hi! I've been lazy this week and even though I have the time, I'm lacking any motivation to work out. I have great intentions the night before but the morning comes and I'm just feeling blah. I'm feeling fine physically, just not motivated.

I pre-ordered Cathe's new dvds and the bands and that energized me somewhat but we'll see what happens tomorrow morning in terms of actually doing a workout. Any workout.

Waves to all!
Old 04-28-21, 01:51 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I'm gotta do some figuring on my Cathe pre-order first! So are we doing Ellen this Sunday? What's your pleasure? Give Oliver a good chin scratch for me

Christine walking is so good! I'm glad you and your Piper are doing ok.

Donna sing it sister!! But it is ALL dogs. I used to have a malamute and I could NOT have handled him once he was older if I hadn't controlled and trained him as a pup. I had him sit to every time people were near our path from the time he was little and wanted to chew the leash off. They're very independent and hate leashes. It was rough trying to train him to stop fighting the leash but eventually he was good as gold and people would always be so impressed. The little dog owners would drive us both crazy because here my big dog who looked like a wolf would have to tolerate little bitty dogs pulling and yapping and barking while he sat off the sidewalk. When he was still learning I had to get him not to growl back because it was intense. As he got older, I would always give him some nice scratches and whisper in his ear how good he was and how they had such terrible manners...haha. I used to try to walk him whenever there weren't many people out because he was a little scary looking to folks. My mother was actually attacked and bitten by a chihuahua on a walk. Yipes now I'm rambling!

Today was Cathe Perfect pump upper with push pull swing challenge Day #10 and get up practice. CS on the schedule for later.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-28-21, 01:58 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Linda, yes! Let's do Ellen on Sunday. I think you've mentioned Burn & Firm Pilates? This, and Fat Burning Pilates are two of my favorites. If you're OK with B&F then let's do it!
Old 04-28-21, 09:08 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was

Barre3 - Cardio Focus with Andrew March 17 - 30 minutes

I'd been dreading this Cardio Focus workout, but it wasn't bad. Barre3 has really improved their offerings from 2 or 3 years ago. No New Age crap, just a somewhat challenging workout - I took most of the beginner modifications - I'm sure if you took the harder moves this would be a more challenging workout than my version.

Honestly, Barre3 really does not feel like a true barre workout anymore. It's not much like Suzanne Bowen's stuff and certainly nothing like Bar Method. I don't know exactly what to liken it to for comparison.

Our CoVid case numbers have shot back up the last two days. We all know it's coming from the unmasked public schools. Parents are beginning to petition to require masks again... they didn't realize that their masked kids would be quarantined too if they were around an unmasked positive case. The district didn't do a good enough job of educating them about that - they just caved to the loudest voices.

Donna - I hear you about dogs and ill-equipped owners. I feel sorry for the dogs. You were right to not take a chance. Too many times it doesn't end well.

Christine - Glad both you and your puppy are doing better. One of my babies was not feeling well a couple of days ago. I couldn't figure out why, and my son reminded me that she doesn't handle cheese very well - I had stashed her flea/tick pill in some processed cheese and I guess it made her sick. Thankfully she's back to normal today.

Carol
Old 04-28-21, 09:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol so has your Barre 3 been like any other system you have tried lately? What you describe so far kind of sounds similar to the Define align...but maybe I'm missing something. Also, it sounds like your experience has been positive so that is good!

Dana Burn and Firm it is!

Anybody else wanna join with an Ellen..please do!

Old 04-29-21, 07:32 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Carol so has your Barre 3 been like any other system you have tried lately? What you describe so far kind of sounds similar to the Define align...but maybe I'm missing something. Also, it sounds like your experience has been positive so that is good!

Dana Burn and Firm it is!

Anybody else wanna join with an Ellen..please do!
I would agree - Define & Align seems similar - at least the light weight workouts do. They feel more like "fusion" than anything else. D & A does have 4 or 5 traditional weight workouts in there as well.

Carol