Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-31-22, 06:08 PM  
Hazel Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Anyone else hooked on The Dropout? I started it last week or so.... didn't realize they are only releasing one episode a week since I had a bunch batched up. I'm so impatient to wait now.
Me! Great series. Hulu's Pam & Tommy and The Great also were excellent (although both are VERY adult content, fair warning!). Oh! And also rewatched all three seasons of The Musketeers, which was great fun (so long as you're not a stickler for historical accuracy).

I also have recently rewatched Season 1 of Sandition (on PBS Passport) in preparation for Season 2 and am very much enjoying that, as well as the new season of Outlander.

I recently saw someone talking about an older BBC show called Dickensian. If anyone knows of this one, would it be worth getting a BritBox subscription to be able to watch it? (I've been on the fence about Brit Box for years but never jumped -- yet.)
Old 03-31-22, 07:49 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Porter View Post

I also have recently rewatched Season 1 of Sandition (on PBS Passport) in preparation for Season 2 and am very much enjoying that, as well as the new season of Outlander.
I've been watch Season 2 of Sanditon on Sunday nights. I'm enjoying all the new characters.
Old 04-01-22, 06:39 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Season 10 of Call The Midwife came to Netflix recently so that's what I'm watching now. I wasn't caught up when it started on PBS last fall so didn't want watch it out of order. I know season 11 has started already; hopefully I can get through 10 and get up to speed soon.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 09:29 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Porter View Post
Hulu's Pam & Tommy and The Great also were excellent (although both are VERY adult content, fair warning!).
I enjoyed those series as well! Got a good education on Pamela's and Tommy's marriage and the sex tape.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 10:38 AM  
horusosiris

I just completed season one of The Gilded Age. If you love great period pieces, then you will love this series. Just seeing the wardrobe design makes it worth watching.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 01:53 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

This is odd. I've heard so much about Downton Abbey and was all set to binge watch. I made it through two episodes and was bored. I am usually all over British shows, but it just didn't appeal to me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 02:24 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
This is odd. I've heard so much about Downton Abbey and was all set to binge watch. I made it through two episodes and was bored. I am usually all over British shows, but it just didn't appeal to me.

Oh man! Well….those first few episodes are a bit slow, until one gets a bit invested in the characters.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-22, 02:44 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I started on Rome (2005). I watched it a few years ago and liked it. Sex and violence while wearing togas!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-22, 06:03 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

"Anatomy of a Scandal" on Netflix.....
Old 04-19-22, 11:19 AM  
anetta

I have started rewatching the Mentalist on Lifetime.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic