Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-22, 06:58 PM  
Gams

I took her post to mean she was open to cardio - just not something too fast paced.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 07:00 PM  
Lauren

Prenatal workouts can be a good option. Great for low energy, or returning to fitness. The workouts are usually slower, and have built in modifications.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 10:23 AM  
Dancing Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Body Groove workouts with Misti Tripoli also put me in a good mood, and the music is usually very good. You can make those as hard or as easy as you want.
Body Groove music is great, and the workouts are my go-to for
  • times I feel paralyzed by anxiety and/or depression
  • recovering from illness
  • Fridays at the end of a hard week
  • mornings after a rough night's sleep
  • any time I need some gentle self-care

I rarely do the workouts as described since I save them for days when I'm at my lowest. (1-2-3 is too hard for my tired brain! I don't want to get on the floor, it's so far away! I can barely get out of bed, much less jump!) Sometimes, I just walk or step-touch around my workout space or stand in place, close my eyes, and wave my arms.

Body Groove feeds my spirit like nothing else.
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 06:29 PM  
Tinks

Thank you all for the suggestions, and well wishes. I really appreciate it. This a great list of workouts!

Gams, you're right. I think I should focus on some cardio workouts because I'd like some endorphins to hopefully lift my mood. I just don't want to move really fast. I don't have the energy/motivation to move fast right now.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 07:22 AM  
Elsie

I look for somatic-based practices usually. Found this awesome one recently

https://youtu.be/5dh29E5mzkU

Any barefoot gentle cardio too.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 07:20 AM  
Karla25

I understand completely how you feel Sometimes you just want (and need) something easy and calm.

Audrey has a couple of seated stretching workouts that feel great and make me smile. Her other workouts are also easier feel-good, uplifting type workouts. The production quality isn’t great, but she’s young and just starting out in life.

Am sharing my favorite workout that always makes me smile and has helped with back and shoulder issues.

Here’s the link:
Deep Full Body Stretch
Old 06-11-22, 11:07 AM  
red1013

I recently purchased Ageless with Kathy Smith: Total Body Turnaround, there are three 20-ish minute segments, a cardio/weights circuit, cardio/balance workout, and a stretch/energy workout.

I absolutely love the stretch/energy segment. I got a good stretch, and then the last 6 minutes or so, she stands up and does some moves to get you energized. I felt great at the end and will be using this one often.
Old 06-11-22, 10:10 PM  
Tugger31

I find nature soothing and healing. When I'm feeling down, I walk early in the morning in my neighborhood, it's quieter, you can hear the birds chirping and often there are some older folks out walking as well. I'm no spring chicken, but seeing people 20+ years older than I am still out there and moving is inspiring. Or I will drive to a metropark on the earlier side as well. I did that this morning and there was a man in a wheelchair getting himself into a specially made recumbent bike. I thought, I'm going thru some things, but at least I can walk. It just puts things in perspective and being outside just makes me feel like I am only a small part of the universe and there are many people out their struggling far more than I am.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 08:07 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Kathleen Anderson: Yoga in the Garden of Serenity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5KUevUJfE8&t=11s
Old 06-13-22, 10:22 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I did this workout a bunch of times the past year plus. I am still grieving the loss of my husband and several other losses / challenges, but when things get heavy, I go back to this walk.

Uplifing Walk (no commentary) by Rick Bhullar
https://youtu.be/9Hzc30Z-TSo

Rick has some other great, short, walks that are fun and enjoyable, including some disco and artist specific (like Ed Sheerhan).

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy workouts, stress relief, too tired days, tough times, working out when sad