Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-22, 11:39 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I'm only comparing them because they are the same age. You are 100% correct that Bridget was in a bad car accident and was severely injured. You are absolutely doing your best and no one deserves to be judged. This issue was very triggering for me for a variety of personal reasons, and at the end of the day my point is that we none of us know what we're all dealing with, we should be applauded merely for getting through our lives as best as we can, and focusing on things that bring us joy. Tearing down others is terrible, and to be clear I was not trying to do that.

For me, I am currently extremely lucky to be mostly physically capable of doing the same workouts I did when I was 20, although I struggle with aches and pains and flagging energy and a variety of limitations. But again, for me, I view aging as something I am really, really fighting.
FWIW, I didn’t have the impression that you were critical of Bridget Fonda. I perceived more judgment about Courtney Cox, who I think has had too much done. I don’t mean to be critical of her, but I think she’d be prettier with less filler.

I can relate to what you are saying. I’m more accepting of other people and how they look, but a harsh critic of myself. We should treat ourselves with the same acceptance. I think the fear of growing older, at least for me, stems from a fear of not being loved. Our culture celebrates the good looking youth, and it can feel lonely as we age. Fortunately, my husband still finds me attractive, but there’s still that niggling insecurity underneath for me, and it pushes me to look my best. But I think I short change myself, because I have more to offer than just my looks. Boy, this thread has been good therapy!

Tags
aesthetics, aging, beauty, body image, celebrities