Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-19, 08:30 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I would avoid youtube completely because even if you make a file private for your eyes only,
their copyright protection may still not allow the file. They used to delete an account if there were 3 deletions (music included!).

Barb S
This is good to know. I realized recently that my playlist was public and I recently made it private. I have had no problems since I set up an account almost 2 years ago, but that's not say I won't. I did have problems when I set up an account on my smart tv and I had to take my account off. It took my husband a long time to fix the problem. I strictly stream from my tablet to my smart tv. If I just use my tv, I punch in the video I want (which is a pain).
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-19, 09:38 AM  
horsemom2

The media player is a great idea because then file format is no problem.
Although some tvs and dvd players will play video files from a USB port, the format of the file could get tricky depending on the device.

For storage/backup of video files, I prefer storing on smaller USB drives to a single large external hard drive.
Friends have damaged their external hard drives.

Right now it is convenient for me to play both downloaded/ripped files on my laptop and streams from a website.
I have plenty of room on my 2 laptops hard drives but do back up some downloads and edited files on flash drives.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-19, 09:45 AM  
desderata

Thank you to all the tech savvy people who are sharing their knowledge on this thread. One question - when ripping a dvd, can you rip the full workout and all the premises separately? Tia
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-19, 01:25 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
One question - when ripping a dvd, can you rip the full workout and all the premises separately? Tia
Handbrake will list the chapters it can rip separately.
Sometimes the whole movie is listed as a chapter choice

I use Freemake and it lists similar chapters

Barb S
Old 03-20-19, 09:55 PM  
Sunshine

Talking

HDW! Thank you HDMI sounds easy!

Barb S, so the first 3 solutions didn't work, it wouldn't allow me to drag, the restore down wasn't visible, and the title bar was not visible. BUT !
the ctl+F11 worked ! but whenever I close and reopen it does it again.
I'll be doing alot of the F11...

Eyefit , Thank you, Thank you,!! I bought an external hard drive years ago, on sale, and figured I would use it to back up tons of music I have. I think it's still in the box. and that it's 2TB. It was a good sale
Since I didn't know about digital, streaming and all that I didn't know how I would use it.
But because of your explanation and all the other explanations here, I know I can do it. Now to find the time. since I have over a thousand DVD's and two free hours a week to do it.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 06:22 AM  
horsemom2

this may help you to stop full screen from being the default if you are using Windows10:

How do I get rid of the full screen Start screen in Windows 10
Open Settings.
Select Personalization.
Select the Start section.
Turn off the Use Start full screen option.
Also note other options such as showing most used and recently added applications. You can also configure the folders that appear on the Start menu.
Old 03-21-19, 07:54 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
HDW! Thank you HDMI sounds easy!

Barb S, so the first 3 solutions didn't work, it wouldn't allow me to drag, the restore down wasn't visible, and the title bar was not visible. BUT !
the ctl+F11 worked ! but whenever I close and reopen it does it again.
I'll be doing alot of the F11...

Eyefit , Thank you, Thank you,!! I bought an external hard drive years ago, on sale, and figured I would use it to back up tons of music I have. I think it's still in the box. and that it's 2TB. It was a good sale
Since I didn't know about digital, streaming and all that I didn't know how I would use it.
But because of your explanation and all the other explanations here, I know I can do it. Now to find the time. since I have over a thousand DVD's and two free hours a week to do it.
Ha, yes it can seem really overwhelming at first! It took me awhile but I plugged away at it until I got everything ripped and it was sooooooo worth it! Then I went even further and found some video clipping software and started chopping up some of my workouts and recombining them to create all new workouts! It's kind of like Cathe's Workout Blender. I take individual clips and put them in their own folder, then number them so that when I play them with the media player I just choose the folder that I created, press play and the player streams them in the order I numbered the clips. It's seamless! I literally never do the same workout twice these days.

Edit: Oh, and like I said I didn't have luck getting the 2TB hard drive to play my videos with the Micca Speck. I'm not sure why, but it works perfectly with the 1TB drive. So I have literally all my videos backed up on the 2TB drive (I actually have two 2TB drives that I copied all my workouts on because I'm paranoid something wonky will happen to the drive! lol I've gone a little overboard with this whole endeavor. LOL). Then I copy and paste a smaller number of my most used workouts (and all the clipped ones) on the 1TB drive for my every day use and streaming.
Old 03-25-19, 10:50 PM  
Sunshine

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
Ha, yes it can seem really overwhelming at first! It took me awhile but I plugged away at it until I got everything ripped and it was sooooooo worth it! Then I went even further and found some video clipping software and started chopping up some of my workouts and recombining them to create all new workouts! It's kind of like Cathe's Workout Blender. I take individual clips and put them in their own folder, then number them so that when I play them with the media player I just choose the folder that I created, press play and the player streams them in the order I numbered the clips. It's seamless! I literally never do the same workout twice these days.

Edit: Oh, and like I said I didn't have luck getting the 2TB hard drive to play my videos with the Micca Speck. I'm not sure why, but it works perfectly with the 1TB drive. So I have literally all my videos backed up on the 2TB drive (I actually have two 2TB drives that I copied all my workouts on because I'm paranoid something wonky will happen to the drive! lol I've gone a little overboard with this whole endeavor. LOL). Then I copy and paste a smaller number of my most used workouts (and all the clipped ones) on the 1TB drive for my every day use and streaming.
Two 2TB drives? great idea! I'm paranoid too! That's why I still have every single VHS I've bought in the last 20 years, even though I copied them ALL onto DVD's. so scared if something happens to the DVD that I would have to copy them again.
Once I get them back up, I will be having to sell/give away a lot. It took me years to convert and I just finished last month.
I only have 2 to 4 hours a week within which to do it. whew!

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 09:58 AM  
desderata

Quote:
Handbrake will list the chapters it can rip separately.
Sometimes the whole movie is listed as a chapter choice

I use Freemake and it lists similar chapters

Barb S
Thank you, Barb.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 10:35 AM  
Evie292

Thanks so much for the revival and update on this thread! :-)
Evie292 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up dvd, burning dvds, download to dvd, dvd ripping, dvd to ipod, faq, ipod, ripping dvds, streaming, tech