Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-21, 04:41 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Assuming you use a TV, what size is it?

i'm seriously considering downsizing a TV i bought used from a family member. it's 32" but i want to get a 22"-24" size.

i figure this would be sufficient since i've worked out with an 8" portable DVD player from time to time. logistically, it's so much easier to deal with a smaller TV.

if you have a small TV screen, please share what brand, how old, features, etc. thanks in advance!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 04:52 PM  
jusca

26" vizio razor from 2011, basic non-smart tv which i prefer. still going strong. hooked up to a roku. i sit about 6ft away from it in my bedroom. i find its size is perfect for the distance. 32" would be my max in that room,
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 06:56 PM  
DCW

I have a 20 inch Sharp and I am happy. Who knows how old it is. I sit about six feet away. Most of the time I fall asleep while watching tv in the evening. I use it with DVDs when I exercise.

I am a non-tv person so this simple little tv works.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 06:49 AM  
Carol K

For workouts, I have a 24" LG that I bought in 2017 and I'm very happy with it. I have it connected to a DVD recorder and a Chromecast stick, so I can do both DVDs and stream BeMax workouts from FitFusion. In my living room, I have a 26" Samsung for just watching TV. I can't remember when I bought that, but it isn't very old, because it a digital tuner and an HDMI port for another Chromecast stick. I'm happy with that too.
Old 01-12-21, 08:42 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I have two workout areas. The basement area is where I do cardio and strength and and anything that requires space and equipment (indoor bike, step, weights, stability ball). I use a 19" tube tv that must be at least 15 years old. It works fine and I have my vcr/dvd player hooked up to it. (I also have my old desktop computer and 19" monitor down there in case I want to stream something)

My "yoga room" is smaller and used for Essentrics, Pilates , yoga, etc. I had the matching 19" tv in there until several months ago. I started streaming Essentrics and qi gong on my iPad and didn't really like the small screen. My pandemic purchase was a 24" (maybe 26?) Insignia (Best Buy brand) and Roku. It's a basic, discontinued model, but I liked that it still had RCA jacks for my dvd player. The newer model only had HDMI and USB jacks.

The sizes are just fine for my home workouts.
Old 01-12-21, 09:15 AM  
bethellen

My workout room has an old monitor (maybe 20"?). It has a port for an old dvd player (red, white, yellow cords). The monitor is hung on the wall and the little dvd player sits on a shelf underneath it. It works for me; hope it lasts forever.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor, television, workout rooms