Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-27-23, 08:54 AM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
I did the stretch routine this morning and had the same issue. I looked at the cathe forum response and really don't think it is a dvd player issue - I have not had issues with the other workouts so far (though i have only done a couple).

This stretch was awesome, in spite of the glitches.
I agree with you. I don't think it's the DVD player. I did the Total Body Stretch this morning and I noticed it more around the cat cow chapter and then the chapters after that. I also did the yoga mat and didn't have any issues. If it was the did DVD player issue I would think you would have problems with all the disc.

IMO I think when they send it to the replicator they copied the chapters that were sliced (don't know if that's right technical term) instead of original one.

Besides the issues with Total Body Stretch I enjoyed the stretch and also the Yoga Mat.

I still have one more week of my Firm rotation left but I'll be trying out the yoga/stretchs, moblity and the foam rollers workouts next week. I won't start the STS 2.0 until June 5th. That will give me time decide how I'm going to use my rotation when the user guide comes in next week.
Old 05-27-23, 11:07 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Any other place to see the rotation other than the app?
They are being added to the Workout Manager on Cathe.com. The 8 and 12 week rotations are there now.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 05-27-23, 11:11 AM  
rhbrand

I can find 2 of Cathe's official rotations on Workout Manager. An 8 week and 12 week rotation.
Old 05-27-23, 11:17 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
I can find 2 of Cathe's official rotations on Workout Manager. An 8 week and 12 week rotation.
Someone mentioned that all the rotations are available now. Just for those who stream. Still no users guide until after the holiday.
Old 05-27-23, 11:32 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just added the 12 week rotation to my calendar in the workout manager on Cathe's site. I think I'm actually going to begin on Memorial Day....but we'll see. We'll have company arriving that day, so I may not start until Tuesday.

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 05-27-23, 12:03 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Someone mentioned that all the rotations are available now. Just for those who stream. Still no users guide until after the holiday.
I guess the app is free and you can see the rotations listed.
Old 05-27-23, 12:06 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Newbie - how do you download them? I don’t want to add it to a calendar

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
Old 05-27-23, 12:16 PM  
prettyinpink

From a post in Cathe’s forum:
Quote:
And speaking of the STS 2.0 User's Guide, now that were are finished with the Cathe OnDemand databases we will now turn our focus to finishing the STS 2.0 User's Guide. We do have several staff members that are working on the guide this weekend, but because of the holiday, it will probably be after Memorial Day before the STS User's Guide is released.
I did both of the mobility workouts yesterday. They are very short. The second 17 minutes and the first, I think is 24.

They are okay, more like a sequence of stretches than what I think of as mobility work, which for me the gold standard in DVDs is Tracie Long’s stuff. I would also say almost any Essentrics workout, many of which are also short, is superior to these for mobility.

Some of the exercises might be better than I think: for some of them I felt absolutely nothing, but the instruction was very light. Either these particular exercises are not really ones I need, or I’m not getting something right in placement of certain body parts due to lack of instruction.
I was reminded of a few useful moves I hadn’t seen or done in a long time that I plan to use again in my own, so that is good, but I don’t think I will be doing the workouts again soon.
Old 05-27-23, 12:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I guess the app is free and you can see the rotations listed.
FYI Workout Manager is not a separate app. It's an option on Cathe’s website.

For those not familiar with Workout Manager, on Cathe’s home page, there is a menu option called Apps and Tools and the first item is Workout Manager (which is a tool, not an app requiring a separate download—just clarifying to avoid confusing people ). It’s free to register and the rotations can be selected there. I’ve found it useful in the past!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Last edited by cataddict; 05-27-23 at 12:37 PM. Reason: to add more info
Old 05-27-23, 01:17 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Newbie - how do you download them? I don’t want to add it to a calendar
I can’t figure that out either! But at least I can see which workouts are intended for the first few days till we get the user’s guide.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar