Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-12-21, 01:26 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Feeling better, but rather weakened from yesterday's gastric distress, which led to a 2 lb weight loss. Temporary I'm sure. Hoping to be back to normal tomorrow.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 09:04 PM  
seabliss

Cynthia, I'm sorry you were feeling bad! I hope you're much better now.

Today I did Heather Robertson's Low Impact Strength and Cardio Workout, and I walked outdoors.

For Lynn: I do like that upper body workout you did! if you want to do a full-body workout, the workout I did today uses 10s and 5s (mostly 10s) and moves more quickly than the heavier weights workouts for a cardio effect, but it's not bad. You can move at your own pace, obviously. But for lower body, this one has variety with bands, weights, and cardio, which is fun and not bad.This is a good no-repeat leg workout--she has 15s and 25s, but you can use whatever weights you have I'm sure. This one is a classic three-set lower body workout. And she calls this an inner/outer thigh workout, but it gave me a bit of glutes DOMS as well. I also really like her unweighted or ankle weight leg workouts--these are two and here is one more. They are also nice if you've had a hard day.

It does take a little bit to get used to the concept of no talking! Her older workouts do not all have the preview that shows you what you will be doing next, but all the later ones do. She does a lot of lifting the heavier weights with just one dumbbell, so don't be intimidated by that. You could also hold two 12s in place of a 25. Also, I can't lift as heavy as she can for a bit of the shoulder stuff, but I can go heavier than her for some of the triceps (she says she has weaker triceps than she would like). My mom likes her too because you truly can go at your own pace, and she does some creative moves too. And you can just zen out to the music!
Old 05-12-21, 11:22 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Happy belated Mother's Day.

I'm back from vacation. It was a nice trip. We ate Mother's Day at the Omni Grove Park Inn. The food was wonderful. When we finished, we drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I have always wanted to do that and finally had an opportunity. It was beautiful. We saw on the news about the pipeline so we went to town to top off our tank because we would be headed back home in a couple of days. We were able to get fuel but after that there was no more gasoline in the town. Today on our way back we found fuel and then when we got home, the gas station by the house had mid grade so we topped off the tank again. Crazy stuff.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 08:35 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 7,225
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-13-21, 06:10 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a new-to-me Heather workout: Low Impact HIIT Cardio + Legs, and I walked outdoors with DD. This was a good, no-dread workout with lots of sweeping movements to get the heartrate up.

Welcome home, Diana! Sounds like you have a wonderful time. The gas thing is silly--the panicking people hoarding gas is causing much of the problem. I'm glad most of us are home most of the time and don't have long commutes anymore!

Cheryl
Old 05-13-21, 07:49 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes and a pretty long walk with hills with DH.

Cheryl, I will try one of your suggestions tomorrow -- thanks!

Diana, welcome back. Crazy about the gas in your part of the woods. Hope that gets settled soon.

Cynthia, hope the stomach is better.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 10:16 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for the welcome back!

I wanted to share that Ms. Connie had another scan. The tumor has grown. They are starting her on chemo again. Prayers for her are appreciated.

Check-In: 75 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-14-21, 06:45 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps for yesterday: 14,796
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-14-21, 06:07 PM  
lynnf

Looks like an unplanned non-exercise day -- bad night with migraines. Did get some good news on the the work front with my research project, and my administrative position has 2 weeks left!

Diana, will send prayers for Ms. Connie. Sorry for the bad results from her scan.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 08:08 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, welcome back! Glad you had a nice trip. Will hold Ms. Connie in prayer.

Lynn, my favorite mag, Woman's World, has migraine cures FWIW in the May 17 issue. Summary:
1) take 1 aspirin and 1 ibuprofen with a cup of coffee. "Ditch pricey meds!"
2) Put 4 drops of lavender essential oil on a kleenex and set it beside you as you rest for 15 minutes.
3) lay an ice pack across the front of your throat.
4)"Never have another!" Take 100-150 mg of butterbur daily

Cheryl, I see from FB that you visited my recording studio! I have one song to go, due next week.

I wasn't sick yesterday but hardly slept the night before, so I didn't get anything done. Walked outside today. Will resume weights tomorrow.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote