Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-19-21, 02:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Fun Friday! I did indeed to High Step Training this morning and it was fun, though harder than I remember (from just a couple of months or so ago!). How is that?! I was huffing and puffing!

Waves to all!
Old 02-19-21, 04:21 PM  
Mickey12

Hello all those Watulans out there!

I tackled Double Down today and it was fun and fitting for fun Friday. I like the variety and I enjoy the banter between Amy and Paul. Good stuff.

ChelePA I meant to comment on the rebounding workout from Youtube you mentioned. I checked it out and it looks good. Did you do it today? I am impressed with how many good workouts are on Youtube.

I was reading some posts earlier today and I got inspired to check out Mary's site. (it doesn't take much, ) I ended up getting two Petra Kolber step workouts (one was the deal of the day) and I got a couple of the $7 workouts Mary has - a Baron Baptiste yoga, Patricia Moreno yoga and one more that I have already forgotten.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-20-21, 06:58 AM  
ChelePA

Good morning! Thank goodness no snow for a few days. Shoveled several more inches yesterday.

Kim...I own mostly Cathe DVDs. I think I have only 10 or so from other instructors. Once I found her, I literally never looked back. I always felt so challenged, loved the variety and her personality. Now having said that, I am really enjoying all the free YouTube videos I have recently found. So many excellent workouts!

Bee...HST is a good one...also love HSC!

Kate...I agree with the ladies...start easy on the foam roller. I guess it's a good kind of pain but I was surprised at first that it wasn't all feel good and relaxing. Like a massage when you're working out the kinks. I haven't used mine in quite some time.

Ladies...any suggestions on good foam roller workouts. I have only used Caroline Jordan's quick ones.

Thanks for the input regarding shaping my legs. I will continue to mix things up and see how it goes.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 07:00 AM  
ChelePA

Yesterday, I did SanFran Fitness Charity Bounce and made a donation to the wonderful cause. The background was gorgeous and her dog made a few appearances. She was talking about the hot day as the sun was shining . .Jealous since it was snowing here. She set it up in 10 minute blocks...warm-up, light hand weights, cardio intervals then toning. It was a nice variety. The only negative for me was some repetition in the warm-up and light weight segments. She repeated the same exercises 4 times. It did go by fast. It's just my preference. I really like her style and choice of music. What did you think horusosiris?
Old 02-20-21, 08:06 AM  
ChelePA

Sorry for the multiple posts. I’m getting errors nonstop. Hoping to cut and paste my workout from today soon. Glad I saved it.
Old 02-20-21, 08:41 AM  
lavna

Happy Saturday everyone!

Chele: That dreaded 500 error! I hope it resolves itself soon!

I don't own that many DVDs so they're just on 2 shelves! I often use the same ones so they're usually close by! My downloads on a USB device and I put them in folders by 100 (0-100, 101-200, etc.)

This week, I did Live 169 Mixed impact Hiit with abs and the table top segment from LBB. And Thursday was strength. I chose a short one 149 Totally pumped TB as I was squeezed for time that day. Essentrics has unlock a few interesting workouts this week so I have done some of them a couple of times. I really wish that they would follow Cathe and offer them as downloads!

I hope you all enjoy the weekend!
Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 10:53 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Good morning! Thank goodness no snow for a few days. Shoveled several more inches yesterday.

Kim...I own mostly Cathe DVDs. I think I have only 10 or so from other instructors. Once I found her, I literally never looked back. I always felt so challenged, loved the variety and her personality. Now having said that, I am really enjoying all the free YouTube videos I have recently found. So many excellent workouts!

Bee...HST is a good one...also love HSC!

Kate...I agree with the ladies...start easy on the foam roller. I guess it's a good kind of pain but I was surprised at first that it wasn't all feel good and relaxing. Like a massage when you're working out the kinks. I haven't used mine in quite some time.

Ladies...any suggestions on good foam roller workouts. I have only used Caroline Jordan's quick ones.

Thanks for the input regarding shaping my legs. I will continue to mix things up and see how it goes.

So do you have the workouts organized by year or type of workout or just willy nilly? Do you have Drill Max from the sash series? I have an extra copy of it. You can have it if you want.
Old 02-20-21, 01:39 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday, Watulans!

So I did TurboFire EZ 55 on Thursday. There is one fire drill done twice in this workout, but it seemed easier than the "non EZ" fire drills but still not "easy." I think the EZ means that Chalene describes the moves a bit more and there is less choreography than the "regular" workouts. The ones I've done assume you already know the moves, which I didn't when I started doing this series, but I do now after a learning curve. For some reason I found the class in this workout more annoying than usual. I guess I find them over the top and it really stood out in this one. Yes, I get it, you guys are having more fun than any human being can ever possibly have. Rant over, LOL. Still, I am going to try some of the other EZ workouts---maybe the shorter exposure in the 45 minute workout won't exceed my peppy meter! Friday I did Double Down with the group. Good stuff! Paul and Amy work easily together. This is a toughie, particularly when early in the workout Amy does the one legged burpee. I'm currently babying my right knee so I didn't want to do them, and the modification I did was still tough! These two know how to be fun and motivating and not over the top. We all have our preferences for workout style, so it's great there are so many choices out there!!

Today is actually sunny! Much of our backyard has been flooded from the constant rain this week. Unless you live right at the oceanfront, our soil in this area is mostly clay, and water isn't absorbed very quickly. We felt bad for our feral crew, but they seemed to adjust and spent most of their time in the house my DH built for them. Hopefully the muck will dissipate before we get more rain. We consider ourselves very, very, lucky as we see what has been happening in Texas!

General comment about IMHO the overuse of the description HiiT. It seems that everyone and his or her dog (or cat) use that description and it just doesn't always meet the criteria. I think it's just become trendy to call a workout HiiT like "extreme" or "max." Mostly marketing, at least IMHO. That's not to say I won't do the workout. Even Cathe has labeled a few of her workouts "HiiT" and I didn't think they were all that high in intensity.

manley, I did do the pushup version of the burpee exercise in Change 2, but did one of those hot dogs and said "nope!" Interested in hearing what FN1 did---she probably breezed through the whole thing. I'm definitely going to do the Change workouts again next week. It also will extend the "rotation" which is good. Unlike STS, there is more flexibility in between workouts and I'm enjoying that. Did your Double Down come in time? I'm thinking about doing Breathless Body 4 next Friday.

Kim, after hearing how few DVDs others have (Nathalie,, only TWO shelves, seriously??) I'm pretty embarrassed at how many I have! horusosiris, regarding your organization of your workouts, I am not worthy! I really do need to get rid of some, particularly those that I really think I'm never going to do again. At least I'm not buying much now. On that note, did you get Petra's The Last Step workout? It's a goody that I also bought at Mary's on sale.

horusosiris, Kate, and manley, so when was it exactly that the 'Boys last won the Super Bowl? **microphone drop**

bee, Paul Katami has a bunch of clips and some workouts on You Tube if you want to check him out. And yes, I also bought the 4 x 4 kit from Mary on a daily deal and paid a great price. It included the rope and foam roller but I think she also offers it at a lower price without the toys.

Chele, the only foam roller "workout" I have is the Paul Katami one which is excellent. I hope others chime in with suggestions. I hadn't used my roller in ages either but now that I'm doing it with the 4 x 4 workouts I realize how much good it's doing me. And no, it's not "fun" and I said a few choice words to Paul during the IT band roll, but it sure let me know that my muscles are way too tight.

Kate, I agree with bee that a "softer" version of a foam roller would be best to start off with. "Foam" is kind of a misnomer as it doesn't really feel "foamy." I have 2 rollers but mostly use the one that came with the 4 x 4 kit. The other roller that I have is pretty short and a bit tough to maneuver, at least for me as I'm definitely no expert.

Nathalie, I think I will check out Live #169 this weekend although I'll skip the abs. I've been getting plenty of abs with 4 x 4 and I don't feel the need to do more. I find I've usually been skipping the abs that Cathe sometimes puts at the end of the Lives.

Yikes! Hope this Moby post makes it through the error!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 01:45 PM  
horusosiris

HAPPY SATURDAY TO ALL

I am continuing on with my 2021 paper workout challenge.
I completed week 6 today. I like the variety, versatility, and organization of the program. In this phase I can complete the workouts done in about 30 minutes. I have been catching up on my many series that I need to finish watching while doing the paper workouts I generally do my own thing for cardio, - some DVDs, some machine cardio, etc.

Kate- I love green tea too! I reread Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez

Manelym- My family and extended family and my DH’s extended family have all been Dallas Cowboy fans since forever. In order to be considered a respectable member of the family you have to be a die-hard Dallas fan- LOL. I am glad that you enjoyed the new Cathe Live. I usually do the new Cathe Live by Friday of the week it is released. I am doing a paper program and the program was leg day so I did not want to do Cathe’s leg workout. I will most likely do it tomorrow.

Chel-
Oh No – you got the dreaded 500 error! I am also enjoying the variety of workouts and instructors on YouTube. Good foam roller workouts- P90X2, James D’silva’s Stretch and Strength DVD workout. KCM has a foam roller segment on one of her DVDs. The exact KCM DVD escapes me now. KCM also has a ‘Raw foam rolling workout that is pretty good. Paul Katami's is also good.

Lavna
- So nice that Essentrics opened some of their workouts.

Cataddict
- Dallas- Yea! Super Bowl 1996! As they say in marriage- " For Better or Worse." I am not a sometime or inconsistent fan. I cheer for them win or lose LOL!

Cataddict-
Often the exerciser brings the intensity to a Hiit workout. You may have to jump higher, go faster, etc. for it to be considered hiit for you. As one becomes more proficient and efficient, the previous challenge may need to be increased (the increase the time of the hiit component -increase the length of the workout, decrease the rest periods, etc.). I hope your right knee is feeling better.
horusosiris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 01:51 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=horusosiris;2913041][B]

Kate- I love green tea too! I reread Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez

Love in the Time of Cholera is my favorite book! I love Gabriel Garcia Marquez! Have you seen the movie? They did a pretty good job of it, IMHO.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in