Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-04-21, 05:04 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict—Wishing you a very happy birthday!!! Any special plans? Very difficult during Covid but I hope you feel the love from your fellow Watulan Fierce Deities.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 08:58 AM  
ChelePA

It's been a crazy stressful week. My daughter was supposed to have surgery Monday. As you know lots of anxiety here for both her and I. I got a call last week saying our insurance still didn't preapprove the procedure. Long story short, our mail system has been a nightmare. I'm still getting Christmas stuff in February. So the paperwork still hasn't arrived from NYU. We tried calling and reaching out to a multitude of people to get it expedited by faxing or emailing the information. They absolutely refused saying it must come in the mail. I seriously don't even understand why this day and age. So we said what if it's Fed-Exed overnight. Well you can do that but it will still take 4-6 weeks for approval. I want to scream! So as of right now, surgery is postponed. NYU said they have never dealt with such craziness. And this is Blue Cross. Unbelievable!!! Hoping to have more information by tomorrow. My daughter changed school, work and softball plans in preparation. I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later. Just gives more time to worry.

So on that note, I wanted a workout that would pick me up plus work off the stress. I chose Caroline's Christmas Cardio Workout 30 minutes with no equipment. So here's a breakdown...I had to laugh when she said work at a pace that you can keep a conversation. That wasn't happening I do like how she slows the exercise down in her steady state cardio routines to get deeper into the move...versus the faster pace HIIT. Awesome upbeat Christmas music too!!! It's a good one!

Timer: 45 seconds of work per exercise the entire way!

Remember to pace yourself! Slow down if needed... stop only for a brief moment if you need to! You should try to maintain heart rate at a level you could hold a conversation!��

* SEAL JACKS
* BUTT KICKS
* ALT PULSE LUNGE JUMPS
* BURPEE TO SQUAT HOLD
* LOW ROTATE WOODCHOP
* HIGH KNEES
* DROP SQUATS
* WALK OUT TO PUSH UP
* DUCK UNDER JUMPS
* BEAR WALK
* X1 LEG CRAB BRIDGE (same)
* X1 LEG CRAB BRIDGE (switch)
* BURPEE CHEST TO FLOOR
* FROG JUMPS
* DOWNWARD DOG TO COBRA
* COSSACK SQUAT
* X1 LEG HOVER TO DOG (1 side)
* x1 LEG HOVER TO DOG (switch)
* FLAT FOOT LOW LUNGE SWITCH
* PUSH UP ALT SIDE PLANK
* JUMPING JACK TO PLANK JACK
* SQUAT ROTATION JUMPS
* LOW PLANK ROTATION
* PLANK TWISTS
* PLANK TO HOP
* PLANK ALT TOE TAPS
* CRAB ALT FOOT REACH
* CROUCH TO PUSH UP
* HOLLOW ALT FOOT REACH
* X1 LEG REACH V SIT (one side)
* X1 LEG REACH V SIT (switch)
* REVERSE CRUNCH
* X 1 LEG GLUTE BRIDGE
* X 1 LEG GLUTE BRIDGE (switch)
* BICYCLES
* TOE REACHES
* PUSH UP BURPEES
* ALT SIDE KICK THROUGHS
* RAINBOW MOUNT CLIMBERS
* SKIPPING
* CENTIPEDE WALK
* HOT FEET!!

Bee...didn't you say it bets easier towards the end of her workouts. Haha...anytime I'm in plank formation, it's not easy for me. I was drenched at the end. I added on Sara Beth Beginner Yoga for 15 minutes. I should probably do her anxiety yoga this week. Definitely needed
Old 02-04-21, 10:39 AM  
manleym

We have a birthday in the house!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATADDICT!!!

I hope you have a great day!!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 10:46 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yes, Happy Birthday Cataddict/FN2!!!!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 12:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday, Cataddict!!

Hope you have a great day!!
Old 02-04-21, 12:52 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Chele, my heart breaks for you! That's awful about the insurance and delay. Very stressful and disappointing! Sending you hugs.

Oh I'm going to have to try that Caroline Christmas one, though it looks like more than "steady state" to me! Wow. And, I have limited experience, I guess, to "know" about moves getting easier toward the end. I guess that's just the ones I've done.

horusosiris, I kept forgetting to comment on the tonal thing and the "mirror" (isn't there one called that?). I think it's crazy, too, but.... aren't you seeing an instructor part of the time? I don't know! I just don't understand why you would need that expensive equipment when there is streaming and mirrors already available. I'll be surprised if that gadget lasts, but I'm the one who told my friend not to go to Mozilla when they were starting up. I used to do bikram yoga and for that the mirror was critical (for me anyway). It helped with form but even more so balance.

For Throwback Thursday I decided to pull out a Firm. I wanted the Pam one I used to do on VHS but to my surprise I did not find that I have it on dvd. I think I have some compilation with parts of it on dvd somewhere, but I ended up going with Volume 2 I think it was..... Janet Jones Gretsky. And..... I decided I don't really like this workout. It was very shoulder heavy (not good with all that Caroline work) and she doesn't cue very well. I must have done this workout hundreds of times back in the day. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but all I had back then was Firm volume 1.... Firm volume 2..... etc. There was a lot of repetition for me!

kittybug, don't let me talk you out of Inner Dimension if you are liking their practices! I just prefer Udaya. I wonder if I could gift you my ID subscription? I keep thinking I'll use his yin and other nighttime stuff to help me get ready for sleep in the evenings but I never do!!

Waves to all!!
Old 02-04-21, 01:05 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict. Forgot to mention in Kat’s new video, her cat wouldn’t move out of her step area in the very beginning. So cute!
Old 02-04-21, 01:29 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey, Happy Birthday Cataddict! Hope you're having a good day.
Where to begin? My days got busy and I'm still only working part time. And you guys are so great at posting often. I just had to take some time to catch up.

AMAZING workouts all! CUTE puppy pictures! If you're in a funk, it will pass. Life is too short!

So I totally threw out my Muscle Burns Fat Advanced rotation. Just wasn't feeling it. So I finished out last week with Cathe 4DS Cardio Power Mix. Not realizing I had done this and meant to do the step mix. But I was having so much fun I just left it in.
Yoga: Gaia Bernie Clark Yin Side of Energy

Then I decided to try my Katami 4x4 set. I really like Paul and have a few of his workouts. I actually had this set back in 2016 and did not like it. ????? I chalk that comment up to being overweight and not able to do the moves. So I started with I Am Change 1 and really liked it! Great format of cardio/lower/upper/core all for a minute each. A wee bit of repeating moves but no boredom. And three levels like Amy Dixon does. I floated between Power of 2 (intermediate) and Power of 3 (advanced).
For Yoga I did the 4x4 Rope Stretch which felt good. Just stretches, no poses.

This week my workouts really boosted my mood despite all the chaos and stresses. Do you guys get a positive rush after working out? I know its endorphins etc, but I just feel GOOD!
So this week:
Mon: Cathe Strong & Sweaty PHA Mix 1. This includes the core work. Whew! I know PHA is meant to be non-stop and this was good. Not overkill on the speed, and one of Cathe's great PHA workouts. Gotta love when you get a little cardio effect from weights. ;-)
Power Yoga with Mike Nader - Human Pretzel.

Tues: Cathe 2013 Series Party Rockin' Step 2. Ok, I had NEVER done this workout. All out of fear of the choreo. So I read some reviews and previewed a little. I LOVE THIS ONE! Although I did flub a tiny bit, it was easy to catch on to and superb steady state cardio. I just did the regular workout this time but looked at some of the bonuses and premixes. I was dripping and just had a lot of fun. I like step workouts but I don't like fumbling around with the footwork.
I bought Eoin Finn's new Blissology Project 2 downloads so did Bliss 2 Monday Superflow Short + Meditation. Ahhh. I LOVE Eoin. I didn't even check the price, I just knew I wanted this. I have the first BP on DVD. Eoin is my fav.

Wed: Katami 4x4 I Am Change 2. Yes! Still really liking these! I can't quite tell what weights the backgrounders use so I just choose what worked for me. Challenging but not killer. Same format but all new moves. And this set is supposed to progress so I expect it will get harder.
Yoga Bliss 2 Monday Superflow - the full length practice.

Today: Cathe 2013 Series Party Rockin' Step 2 Ext Mix 8. Yup, I enjoyed this one SO much that I had to do it again while it was fresh. This time I did one of the mixes that includes a couple of the bonus rounds. Not a lot of teaching and slightly harder choreo but I got it and it was FUN! FUN I tell you! FUN!

Getting ready for some more Blissology Project 2 yoga. FYI, Eoin and Insaya both instruct.

Whew.....stay well all. Stay strong. You SO got this!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 02:31 PM  
manleym

Hi Fierce Watulan Friends! Finally have a minute to read and respond to your posts.

Cataddict I like your idea of an STS undulating rotation. I think I could handle a month's rotation with some other workouts mixed in. And I need to pull out Turbo Fire, especially the stretch. I haven't done it either and since I'm really into longer, deeper stretches, I need to add it into my rotation. I really need to do more of those workouts....Looking forward to you joining us for more Cathe Lives!

ChelePA I am so VERY sorry to hear that your daughters surgery has been delayed and that you're having SO MUCH TROUBLE with insurance. I know you and your daughter were just ready to get this behind ya'll and now it's being dragged out. How very frustrating! I hope things move along faster than anticipated. And Winston looks fabulous with his new do! And I'm glad you'll be joining us for Cathe Lives! Hopefully Horusosiris will join us too! And Cataddict soon. Next week maybe?

Garrie Firm Strength is the ONLY dvd workout I still have. I used to do it quite often. And I'm totally with ya on the dark chocolate.

Bee, I totally agree that Caroline's workouts work me just as hard as Cathe. Agree with ChelePA that Caroline goes slower and deeper in many of her moves. There are TONS of different burpees, planks, push-ups.
I've been thinking about why her workouts "seem" easier while doing them and I think her workouts are creeper workouts. Same with Heather Robertson. You don't think you're working as hard as you are, but it catches up to you in the end, after the move, or next day. But she is definitely tough! No question about it!

Kittybug yes, my bday is the 27th. And OH MY on Poldark! We are in the middle of season 5. Have to gotten to the part about Elizabeth? SO MUCH going on and I did not see it coming! Any of it!! Just crazy! And just so good! Agree with Cataddict about wishing for a season 6. It's such a good series. Makes me sad there won't be another season, but at least there will be closure and we're not left hanging. Or hopefully we won't be.

KateTT glad you liked Katami 4x4. I'm not surprised. Paul is so likeable, just like Toby and Patrick. And again, just goes to show not to get rid of anything because what you didn't like years ago you (universal you) now do. And yes, I usually feel really good after a workout. I think for me, the harder the workout more endorphins are released and I get the "runners high". It is real. Felt it when I used to run. Nothing feels better than a good hard workout.

FN1 and FN2 are you done?!? Can we start chanting, "Hip Hip Hooray!! Hip Hip Hooray!" Or as in our drama period pieces, "HURRAH! HURRAH! HURRAH!!!"

Hugs and waves to Kim, FOLV, Horusosiris and Nathalie!

P.S. Tomorrow's Fun Friday workout will be Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio if anyone would like to join me!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 04:30 PM  
lavna

Happy birthday Cataddict

Have a great day!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in