Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-31-20, 09:50 PM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *June* 2020 Check-In

Welcome to the June 2020 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 07:49 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 6/1 - 5310 steps/2.25 miles

I had the best of intentions for getting back on track today but that didn't happen. I woke up with my shoulder bothering me and then I had to wait for the technician from our cable company to come out and look at our WiFi connection. It was the outside connection that was the problem. It's fixed now.
Old 06-02-20, 08:03 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Last night I did a dog walk and Firm Wave - Rock Solid Buns. Tonight will be a dog walk and a half hour of cardio.
I didn't work yesterday, and did a half day today and another one tomorrow. Then I'm done for the summer. My dad asked that I not come to see them until I haven't been close to students or other people for at least 2 weeks. I told them I would come the first week in July. Next week I go to Ohio, and on the 24th I go to TX. I got all my flower pots planted yesterday - hooray!
Sissy, sorry about your shoulder. I'm glad your wifi works!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 08:16 AM  
dbclark44

Mon 6/1 - 7033 steps/2.88 miles
Tue 6/2 - 3771 steps/1.54 miles
Wed 6/3 - 8054 steps/3.30 miles; YM 55 min/2.55 miles; GYF Yoga Practice #2; Cathe Live Touch Up Training Upper Body #296

Hello ladies, I'm still here. Haven't felt much like getting on the computer lately, so I apologize for being MIA. My exercise regime is still fledgling along. Monday, I checked out this golf course that closed and the city turned into a park. They opened it up so we can walk the golf cart paths. I only did 30 minutes the way I went. next time I go out I plan to go in the other direction. Plus it got a little warm while I was out there so I only did 30 minutes. So I now have another place I can go to walk. It's very hilly though and tends to make my knees ache, but it was still nice and I'll check it out again.

I had fun working out with Cathe yesterday. She finally upgraded her live so it's chromecast compatible. This allowed me to cast it to my exercise tv which is a lot bigger screen than my tablet. She'll be filming a monumental 300th episode today.

Shucks! I just realized she's filming now! It's a metabolic workout. I gotta run and see if I can stream it live. Be back later ladies..

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 10:31 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 6/2 - 5234 steps/2.21 miles
Wednesday, 6/3 - 4030 steps/1.71 miles

Tuesday was DH's birthday so I made him a German Chocolate Bundt Cake to celebrate and we went out last night to our favorite bistro for his birthday dinner.

DD started her summer classes this week and is still working at the Rose Garden. She made a lot of blueberry jam again this week. We froze most of the blueberries she brought us when she came home for Memorial Day but I'm planning to make a couple of loaves of Blueberry Bread. I found a recipe on the Plain Chicken website that looks good.

I need to go to Target and get some basic cleaning supplies and make a trip to the grocery store for a few things. I'm hoping I'll be able to get some more bottled water since there is a storm in the gulf that's supposed to make landfall this weekend.
Old 06-04-20, 10:33 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Today I walked with friends. My step count is 14,010 right now. I also spent a few hours cooking and prepping vegan food today. Sissy, I made the skinnytaste lentil soup you posted a link to a few months back. I'd printed out the recipe to try and it was good.

Oooooh, walking a golf course sounds great---except for the lack of shade! So thankful the nature trail is mostly shaded.

Strawberries are in season here---picked some up at the orchard last week. Our sour pie cherries will be ripe in another week or 2. We have several trees in our yard and have a bumper crop most years.

Updated my workout log---here's a copy and paste---I need to start doing workouts again! (dates, steps, workouts). Pitiful!

Sunday 17-May-20 9704
Monday 18-May-20 10856
Tuesday 19-May-20 8292 JS Walk Strong Dynamic Stretch
Wednesday 20-May-20 4796 Jessica Smith Boost Metabolism and Muscle Circuit 2 Lower Body Fucis
Thursday 21-May-20 12074
Friday 22-May-20 5431
Saturday 23-May-20 5866
Sunday 24-May-20 3956
Monday 25-May-20 2730
Tuesday 26-May-20 8929
Wednesday 27-May-20 3757
Thursday 28-May-20 6242
Friday 29-May-20 9407
Saturday 30-May-20 7703
Sunday 31-May-20 4029
Monday 1-Jun-20 5156 Jessica Smith Walk Strong 1 360 Abs
Tuesday 2-Jun-20 5000
Wednesday 3-Jun-20 10189
Old 06-05-20, 08:14 AM  
dbclark44

Thu 6/4 - Cathe Live Metabolic Workout; 4161 steps/1.70

No walking yesterday. Too warm out there for me. Today is more of the same with temps soaring into the 90s and full on sun.

Leslie, you are right about the lack of shade at the golf course park. It did get warm out there when I went. Definitely not good for walking on hot days due to lack of shade.

Sissy, that tropical storm will send some showers our way next week as it moves out.

Cathe's 300th episode was fun. She did 30 different exercises for 10 rep sets. It went pretty fast too. Next time I do I want to go heavier. Doing only 10 reps of some of the exercises was a waste of time with light weights. But I went light because I didn't know what to expect. It's fun working out with Cathe live. Oh, she's doing solo classes because of the virus.

She has a couple of senior fit classes in her inventory I want to try. I was reviewing one yesterday and realized when I do them, I cannot look at the class participants. She really really has seniors in these classes and many of them don't keep time with her. So they will mess me up if I watch them.

Chrys, safe travels. Glad to see your Dad is taking the virus seriously.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Old 06-06-20, 08:09 AM  
dbclark44

Fri 6/5 - Cathe Live Senior Fit 2; 3249 steps/1.33 miles

Cathe has two Senior Fit recordings in her live inventory. This one is for the senior Cathletes (her words) aged from 55 to 90. She recorded this one in 2017. The first one she recorded in 2014 and was from her weekly senior fit class that she teaches at her gym in NJ. Cathe got it going on. She teaches a senior class once a week and there are almost up to 60 seniors in attendance. I wish I lived closer to attend a few of the classes she does. I would definitely make it to her senior classes. I do love me some Cathe.

Another at home day for me. It's only 8 AM and already 75 degrees with full on sunshine. Not my type of outdoor walking weather. Leslie, your nature trail should feel good today especially if you can get out there soon.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Old 06-06-20, 09:48 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 2 mile walk and several hours of gardening in 90 degrees yesterday. I have a bunch more gardening to do today, and it will be in the 70s. Tonight I will do a dog walk and Firm Cardio Dance Express. I leave to go see our grandgirliesTuesday. Our virus numbers of infected keep jumping here, so I'm not going out much and I'm wearing my mask when I do.
Deb, those senior workouts sound awesome! I need to get back to my Cathes.
Leslie, great job with your steps! I'm going to plant more strawberry plants in our yard.
Sissy, I hope the storm isn't bad where you are.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 11:29 AM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 6/4 - 10,333 steps/4.37 miles
Friday, 6/5 - 6009 steps/2.54 miles

We found most of what we were looking for at Target. I still can't find the bathroom/tub & tile cleaner I use. Luckily, I'm not totally out but I do need to get another bottle. I use the Method cleaning products because other brands tend to irritate my lungs. We were able to get several cases of bottled water. It's been hard to find because of the virus (people panicked and stocked up on toilet paper and bottled water) and some places are still limiting the number of cases you can get to 2. Thankfully, there was no limit at Target. We're on a well so if we lose power, we lose water.

Yesterday they came out and repaired/replaced the boot vents on our roof. And DH has ordered the part needed for the refrigerator.

We're under a Tropical Storm Warning, but so far it's not even raining here.

Chrys - We're still not really going out much either. DH still has to work so we're wearing our masks when we're out.

Leslie - I'm glad you enjoyed the soup.

Deb - I have some of Cathe's DVDs but I never use them because she uses so much equipment. And I am not coordinated enough to do her step workouts.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers