Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-20, 05:37 AM  
antbuko
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
We ordered takeout too. They were supposed to ding and run but I guess the delivery guy didn't get the message and he waited for us to answer the door.

Thanks to a local Facebook group that my daughter follows, we were able to find a store with stock of paper goods yesterday. Then I needed some Swisspers triple size cotton balls and they were cleaned out. The tiny cotton balls were in stock. I am just curious as to what people are using the triple size for.
__________________
Helen K
antbuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 05:56 AM  
dnna
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
If you use miceller water type cleanser to clean your face, you generally would use a triple size cotton pad. or you would use that size for general makeup removal.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 10:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter
 
Pat58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
We ordered takeout too. They were supposed to ding and run but I guess the delivery guy didn't get the message and he waited for us to answer the door.

Thanks to a local Facebook group that my daughter follows, we were able to find a store with stock of paper goods yesterday. Then I needed some Swisspers triple size cotton balls and they were cleaned out. The tiny cotton balls were in stock. I am just curious as to what people are using the triple size for.
I hate to say it Helen but people around here are wiping their behundus with cotton balls. Our Mayor comes on Facebook every day pleading with us to stop flushing cotton balls and other choice items down the toilet.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 10:29 AM  
bee
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have pizza planned for next week. Really the only thing we will miss is Chinese food, but that is fine. I have been cooking and baking since I was ten.
Sherry, not that you'll necessarily have all ingredients on hand, but Sam the Cooking Guy on youtube has shown us that it's pretty easy to make yummy tasting asian dishes. Some of his ingredients in some dishes I wouldn't personally use (fake cheese from a jar for mexican stuff) but boy we've had a lot of good hits from his recipes and they are very straight forward. Warning that he does sometimes drop some F-bombs -- I think they bleep some but maybe not all.
__________________
I am @summitbee on instagram.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 10:35 AM  
sherry7899
VF Supporter
 
sherry7899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Thanks, Bee!
I made banana chocolate chip muffins, two kinds of roasted vegetables, macaroni and cheese, and split pea soup . I am making apples and cinnamon in the crock pot to put on steel cut oatmeal which I will make later since we are
almost out of Greek yogurt, and we do not have many fresh berries left. I am trying to use what we have and avoid the store for as long as possible. I have three ripe bananas left. I will make another batch of muffins tomorrow and freeze those.
__________________
"Say you are tired and you will be. Believe you are strong and you are." (Sean O'Malley)

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 11:36 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter
 
Vintage VFer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
DH had to go to the hardware store yesterday to get propane. He had to go into the store to pay. A couple behind him with a cart kept nudging closer and closer (within the 6ft zone). He asked them to move back and they seemed to totally ignore him.

My hubby is not one to be ignored and when the wife got even closer to him he started yelling at them. They did back off.

He thinks it was a language issue and that they didn't speak English. Still, folks of all languages must know that there is a big issue. Especially around senior citizens.

ROLLEYES at stupid and/or ignorant people!!!
__________________
Goal:250 / Done:202

"Never give up! Never Surrender!" - Galaxy Quest
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 12:43 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter
 
summer breeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
I mentioned in my check-in how often I have to cross the street during my outdoor walks. People are just walking right toward me on the sidewalk and if I don't cross the street they will be within inches of me! Really people? I know it's a nuisance but isn't it better to just keep your distance and be safe than sorry?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 12:49 PM  
suzannaerin
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I mentioned in my check-in how often I have to cross the street during my outdoor walks. People are just walking right toward me on the sidewalk and if I don't cross the street they will be within inches of me! Really people? I know it's a nuisance but isn't it better to just keep your distance and be safe than sorry?
People were respectful and responsible yesterday, but today, I experienced the same thing in my neighborhood. The worst are the ones who walk two abreast and expect you to either cross the street or go out into the street.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 12:52 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter
 
summer breeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
People were respectful and responsible yesterday, but today, I experienced the same thing in my neighborhood. The worst are the ones who walk two abreast and expect you to either cross the street or go out into the street.
I know! And normally I'll just stand my ground but not now. We need distance and if they're too selfish to do it then I will.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 01:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter
 
cataddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eastern VA
I believe people are just not thinking and are totally unaware rather than deliberately malicious. The ones who walk two abreast or walk with a dog and expect you to go into the street are the same people who won't keep their distance now. Some are just so into their own thing they don't pay attention to others.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness