Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-18, 07:01 PM  
MoFirmer

Simone De La Rue is coming out with a new workout!

Simone of BBS is coming out with a new dvd. It is Arms, Back and Core and is up for pre order. Looks good!
Old 08-23-18, 08:16 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Link?

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-18, 08:45 PM  
MoFirmer

Ooops! Sorry!

Here's a link -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUqeidCJvUg
Old 08-24-18, 03:06 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

That hurt my eyes and ears. I hope the workout is better.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-18, 04:51 PM  
MoFirmer

I think it looks good! Looks like her other offerings! Her rebounding workout is one of my faves!
Old 09-21-19, 07:34 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Old thread alert!

I did this one for the first time this week:

The whole DVD is close to an hour, about 58 minutes. I wouldn’t usually do an hour long workout before work but the time flew by and it really wasn’t overly hard.

After a warm up and first cardio (all of the cardio sets on the DVD are VERY short, only 3-4 minutes each) she did upper body with 3 and 5 pound weights with some standing abs with the 5#, second cardio, standing then seated arm work with a band, third cardio, then a round of planks, down dog pushups, and chatarunga type pushups, then onto mat work with some great lower back work while laying face down, and finally prone abs and stretch.

She does high rep work but not high compared to Linda/Dream Body/etc. The plank work was tough and the lower back prone set was longer than most workouts so it really worked me good. The laying abs was pretty good to with a lot of lower body engagement...I added ankle weights to up the challenge. I thought the band workout was easier although there is a brief balance challenge move that was a little harder to execute. The toning work is fast paced but not manic at all.

I love Simone and the music is awesome, and he time flew by! I think her strong point is cardio and the toning is challenging just not super advanced like DB for example. There is a definite fun factor but I would have appreciated more cardio. Her cardio, like her other DVDs, is dancey; the last cardio set had a little boxing flair. For the fun factor I'll definitely be using this one often, even though it isn't overly challenging for my arms and core. But I don't have to push myself as hard every single day.

Other notes: The DVD came with the band that was used (it is a long band with sort of handles built in). It really isn't very strong resistance and I had to really choke up to make it challenging for me. I don't think her DVDs are chaptered, but I am not 100% sure.

Tags
body by simone, simone de la rue