Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-18, 01:56 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

What is Cathe's RWH? I haven't done a Cathe workout in ages. Just wondering.

What increased my strength was lifting relatively heavy. That doesn't mean starting with huge weights-you have to start at your level and work your way up. I made huge progress strength wise using Nia Shanks' programs. I often go back to them when I have strayed for whatever reason (injury or doing other programs) She does give you guidance on what weight to start with for a particular program. I am finishing phase 2 of her Beautiful Badass 6 phase system and for example she will say do 7 reps per set at a weight that is your 10 rep max. This is an example of one workout. Another workout in the same program might say do 12-13 reps at your 15 rep max. What ever it is I am getting stronger. The number of sets also varies for each workout.

These are not video programs so if you must have video these would be out. However if you are interested I can let you know which one(s) I use and like.

ETA: I forgot to mention that one thing I am struggling with is getting really hungry when lifting heavy. This is a problem since I also need to lose fat but YMMV-Others like Bubbles get less hungry when they lift (what a lucky woman she is! ) I am trying to lose fat and I am also on a nutrition program (Precision Nutrition) and reconsidering other workouts to manage my hunger. But since you asked about strength I highly recommend Nia Shanks' programs.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 02:05 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
What is Cathe's RWH? I haven't done a Cathe workout in ages. Just wondering.
The Ripped With HiiT series.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 02:11 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
The Ripped With HiiT series.
Re:Cathe RWH- Is there alot of high impact work on this one?

Also about the KCM- I haven't done videos in ages and only kept 2 of her 30MTF workouts-Weights which is an all time favorite and Bootcamp.
I got away from her workouts because some of her moves were a bit too "creative" for my taste. Are there breakdowns of her more recent videos anywhere?
Old 10-01-18, 06:15 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I made huge progress strength wise using Nia Shanks' programs. I often go back to them when I have strayed for whatever reason (injury or doing other programs) She does give you guidance on what weight to start with for a particular program. I am finishing phase 2 of her Beautiful Badass 6 phase system and for example she will say do 7 reps per set at a weight that is your 10 rep max. This is an example of one workout. Another workout in the same program might say do 12-13 reps at your 15 rep max. What ever it is I am getting stronger. The number of sets also varies for each workout.
I'm doing Nia's latest program, Revamp, and I just started the second phase of 3 phases. The 1st and 3rd have you lifting as heavy as you can but this 2nd phase is like you just described, stopping when you think you can do 2-3 more reps. I was worried that I might lose strength gains on this phase, so your post is encouraging.

I love this program. I lost a size during the month of September after being on a plateau for months, without dieting.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 07:46 PM  
Tugger31

I think RWH is Cathe's toughest set. There is impact, but can be modified. There are just weight only workouts that have no impact. Cathe said that she used the idea behind this set when she felt she was losing definition (not sure from diet, age or what the underlying reason). I wasn't in the best of shaped and tried one month of RWH and I was worn out! I now do RWH mixed with other series. One thing I do like about this series is the workouts are relatively short. I think Cathe looks great in this series.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 06:43 AM  
jldx2in2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I'm doing Nia's latest program, Revamp, and I just started the second phase of 3 phases. The 1st and 3rd have you lifting as heavy as you can but this 2nd phase is like you just described, stopping when you think you can do 2-3 more reps. I was worried that I might lose strength gains on this phase, so your post is encouraging.

I love this program. I lost a size during the month of September after being on a plateau for months, without dieting.
I am going to be starting Revamp in mid-late November. I am midway through Unapologetically Powerful right now. I have never done one of Nia's programs so I am pretty excited especially after hearing you dropped a size after the first phase.
jldx2in2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 06:58 AM  
pharma_gal

Do all of Nia’s programs follow her minimalistic approach?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 07:13 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I also purchased Revamp but haven't even looked at it honestly. I don't have Unapologetically powerful-is that Nia or Jen Sinkler?
Anyway I have the following Nia Shanks Programs:
1) the original Beautiful Badass
2) BBA-Six phase system
3) Lift like a Girl 6 week system

ETA: Now that I look I don't have Revamp-maybe I didn't download it or I put in in the wrong directory on my computer. I have to check my emails and my computer.
Anyway, Rooha I think her programs are fairly minimalist. Each workout takes about 45 minutes but it depends. I have one that she posted for free on her blog years ago that I really like and had good results strength wise.
PM me and I can send it to you.
Old 10-02-18, 07:16 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I think RWH is Cathe's toughest set. There is impact, but can be modified. There are just weight only workouts that have no impact. Cathe said that she used the idea behind this set when she felt she was losing definition (not sure from diet, age or what the underlying reason). I wasn't in the best of shaped and tried one month of RWH and I was worn out! I now do RWH mixed with other series. One thing I do like about this series is the workouts are relatively short. I think Cathe looks great in this series.
Can I find these workouts if I sign up for Cathe's On Demand streaming service?
Old 10-02-18, 07:22 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I also have Nia's Lift like a Girl Fat Loss Program. I did this a while back and frankly don't remember much about it.

Tags
strength, strength gains, strength training, weight loss