Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-15, 09:23 PM  
catcrazy
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Mine arrived today, three days before the FedEx estimate! I'm in the middle of a short rotation but will check out some of the DVDs and post impressions.

One thing that surprises me is the guide is very short on workout information; it's almost all nutrition/the food plan. There is a 60-day rotation that is six days of workouts per week, 3 each of Hammer and Chisel, plus two 30-day rotations of all-Hammer or all-Chisel. There's an equipment chart in the guide, and that's pretty much it for the workouts: no descriptions, no workout times, no worksheets. You have to go toTeamBeachbody.com to get that. [ETA: I just checked and the worksheets are not loaded on the site yet. Grrrr.] One of my guilty pleasures is reading over workout guides to decide on a rotation, or just to pick a workout, and the H&C guide isn't much on information.

For the record: equipment needed is bench or stability ball; weights; resistance band or towel (??); chin-up bar or bands with door attachment; mat. The chin-up assist band (Chin Up Max) is optional.

Each of the DVDs has either the 10 Min Ab Hammer or Ab Chisel. Beast Total Body is on one of the Hammer DVDs and 21DFX Dirty Thirty Extreme on one Chisel.
Thank you for this info, please share impressions as soon as you can, very anxious to order but waiting for reviews!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 10:08 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Mine arrived today but unfortunately my deluxe dvds were missing. I talked to Mary and she's going to call BB tomorrow.

I previewed some of the dvds in the base set and it looks really great! The workouts are short but intense. A good mixture of strength, cardio, and balance.
__________________
Completed Races:
(4) 50 milers
(2) 42 milers
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25ks
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 11:33 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Mine arrived today but unfortunately my deluxe dvds were missing. I talked to Mary and she's going to call BB tomorrow.
Mine too!
__________________
Allison
athompson10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 07:18 AM  
Jenmgo
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The mountains of nc
I'm a coach and ordered on dec1 but haven't gotten mine yet
I can't wait as they sound good!
I'm starting a check in on Facebook
If anyone wants to join me
Jenmgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 10:10 AM  
momofcha
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Mine too!
ugh, I ordered from Mary too. I hope my deluxe DVDs aren't missing too

Well sweet, my delivery is updated to today so woo hoo! Fingers crossed I receive it all.
__________________
Sue


"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 12:23 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Brooklyn, NY
I previewed the first Hammer DVD and WOW, these are not easy workouts.

Hammer Plyometrics is 26 minutes long including warmup and cooldown/stretch, two men and one woman backgrounder, the woman is the modifier (uses bands instead of a chin-up bar, does a floor version of the bench moves). The format is: 9 exercises, do as many reps as you can do for 30 seconds. There are no planned breaks between exercises, just Sagi setting up the next one. There's a 40-second water break, then you run through the exercises one more time before a cooldown/stretch. The exercises are:
  • plyo jump
  • burpee into pullup
  • straddle jump onto bench
  • plyo pushup with an arm raise between reps
  • side-to-side jump over bench
  • chin-up with an ab crunch, then get off the bar/drop the band and do a squat jump
  • reverse lunge into knee-up jump (holding one dumbbell)
  • sumo tuck jump
  • scissors into squat

Iso Speed Hammer is 24 minutes long including warmup and cooldown/stretch, two women and one man for backgrounders, one of the women does modifications. Interesting idea for this one: Sagi says the goal is to maximize the time that the working muscle is under tension. For each exercise, you do 10 reps slowly with three pauses during the exercise, then 10 fast reps with no pauses. By pauses, I mean: if the exercise is a static lunge, you go partway down and pause, a little lower and pause, all the way down and pause, then come up. After 10 pause-reps, you do 10 reps as fast as you can with good form, then onto the next exercise. The exercises are:
  • pushup
  • static lunge
  • chinup
  • deadlift
  • side lateral raise
  • sumo squat
  • rear delt fly
  • pistol squat
  • incline biceps curl
  • calf raise
  • triceps kickback

I skimmed pretty quickly through 10 Min Ab Hammer. It's a mix of crunch-type abs, planks and moves like 'windshield wipers.' You do one minute of each exercise.

These are NOT beginner workouts at all, partly because of speed/intensity and partly because Sagi assumes you know the basic form of, say, the deadlift, so doesn't give many form pointers.

Will try to get to another DVD today...but before that, maybe I should do my workout.
__________________
Allison
athompson10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 12:37 PM  
catcrazy
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
I previewed the first Hammer DVD and WOW, these are not easy workouts.

Hammer Plyometrics is 26 minutes long including warmup and cooldown/stretch, two men and one woman backgrounder, the woman is the modifier (uses bands instead of a chin-up bar, does a floor version of the bench moves). The format is: 9 exercises, do as many reps as you can do for 30 seconds. There are no planned breaks between exercises, just Sagi setting up the next one. There's a 40-second water break, then you run through the exercises one more time before a cooldown/stretch. The exercises are:
  • plyo jump
  • burpee into pullup
  • straddle jump onto bench
  • plyo pushup with an arm raise between reps
  • side-to-side jump over bench
  • chin-up with an ab crunch, then get off the bar/drop the band and do a squat jump
  • reverse lunge into knee-up jump (holding one dumbbell)
  • sumo tuck jump
  • scissors into squat

Iso Speed Hammer is 24 minutes long including warmup and cooldown/stretch, two women and one man for backgrounders, one of the women does modifications. Interesting idea for this one: Sagi says the goal is to maximize the time that the working muscle is under tension. For each exercise, you do 10 reps slowly with three pauses during the exercise, then 10 fast reps with no pauses. By pauses, I mean: if the exercise is a static lunge, you go partway down and pause, a little lower and pause, all the way down and pause, then come up. After 10 pause-reps, you do 10 reps as fast as you can with good form, then onto the next exercise. The exercises are:
  • pushup
  • static lunge
  • chinup
  • deadlift
  • side lateral raise
  • sumo squat
  • rear delt fly
  • pistol squat
  • incline biceps curl
  • calf raise
  • triceps kickback

I skimmed pretty quickly through 10 Min Ab Hammer. It's a mix of crunch-type abs, planks and moves like 'windshield wipers.' You do one minute of each exercise.

These are NOT beginner workouts at all, partly because of speed/intensity and partly because Sagi assumes you know the basic form of, say, the deadlift, so doesn't give many form pointers.

Will try to get to another DVD today...but before that, maybe I should do my workout.

Sounds great, thank you, I ordered this morning, can't wait!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 01:10 PM  
momofcha
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
These are NOT beginner workouts at all, partly because of speed/intensity and partly because Sagi assumes you know the basic form of, say, the deadlift, so doesn't give many form pointers.

Will try to get to another DVD today...but before that, maybe I should do my workout.
This is good to hear, because the Chisel workout I did had a TON of form pointers and moved super slow....

thanks!
__________________
Sue


"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 02:29 PM  
laurajhawk
 
laurajhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
ugh, I ordered from Mary too. I hope my deluxe DVDs aren't missing too

Well sweet, my delivery is updated to today so woo hoo! Fingers crossed I receive it all.
Mary doesn't package the Beachbody items, they come to you as packaged by Beachbody. The good thing about ordering via Mary is that she will make the phone calls, wait on hold, etc. as necessary to get Beachbody to sort out their errors.

Good luck to you!
__________________
- Laura

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 09:18 PM  
momofcha
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Mary doesn't package the Beachbody items, they come to you as packaged by Beachbody. The good thing about ordering via Mary is that she will make the phone calls, wait on hold, etc. as necessary to get Beachbody to sort out their errors.

Good luck to you!
They're here - with the extras!
__________________
Sue


"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
21 day fix, beach body, body beast, hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel reviews, sagi kalev

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness