Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-21, 04:08 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
... Once items are returned, along with the items on the carts, they go in to a decontamination room for 3 days before they are checked back in and put back into the system. And they are not accepting book donations right now.

If I'm remembering right, SissyB and I use the same library system. The library branch near me recently started checking things back in immediately. I'm so relieved. I hated having the delay in getting things cleared off my record. I found it so confusing.

Also, the Pascagoula library took a bunch of books from me a number of weeks ago, but so far as I know my closest local one still doesn't take donations.

Maybe some of the details vary from branch to branch?
Old 05-16-21, 04:45 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Our library is also still doing the external drop box/book quarantine thing, and I notice that the staff are all wearing gloves too. That seems a bit over-the-top to me, but I'm just glad the libraries are open, so I'm willing to follow whatever rules they think they need.
Our library quarantines returns for five days. I think it's over-the-top but, like you, I'm just glad they are open. They offer contactless pick up where you go into their vestibule and they have books checked out for you ahead of time if you notify them they are coming in and we return the items outdoors in their drop box.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 04:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
If I'm remembering right, SissyB and I use the same library system. The library branch near me recently started checking things back in immediately. I'm so relieved. I hated having the delay in getting things cleared off my record. I found it so confusing.
Anna, I don't like that either! I am always worried that they are going to mix something up and charge me fees. I did have an incident about a month ago where they told me I hadn't returned something - the book was checked back in but misplaced on the shelf.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 04:48 PM  
Carol K

Our library system stopped charging fees a couple of years ago, so it doesn't matter that they take a week to register that we've returned books.
Old 05-16-21, 04:52 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Our library system stopped charging fees a couple of years ago, so it doesn't matter that they take a week to register that we've returned books.
Ours suspended fees during the time of tightest restrictions, but reinstated them once they started checking things back in more regularly and letting people come in the building a bit more freely. We don't have to limit ourselves to a specific time slot any more, but they do limit the number of people in the building at any one time, and require masks even if all you want to do is visit the restrooms just inside the main entrance. At least the restrooms are open again, LOL.
Old 05-17-21, 09:54 AM  
Sollamyn

A friend turned me on to the Ruth Galloway mystery series by Ellie Griffiths. I am really enjoying them.

Donna
Old 05-17-21, 10:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
A friend turned me on to the Ruth Galloway mystery series by Ellie Griffiths. I am really enjoying them.

Donna
Oh I love the Ruth Galloway series. I found a boxed set on amazon awhile back and I'm slowly making my way through them. I'm taking my time and reading other things in between so I can savor them and make it last longer
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 07:00 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Oh I love the Ruth Galloway series. I found a boxed set on amazon awhile back and I'm slowly making my way through them. I'm taking my time and reading other things in between so I can savor them and make it last longer
Yeah, I think she had the first 10 from a boxed set. She has given me the first three so far and is going to send me the rest now that she knows I like them and will read them. I looked on Amazon yesterday and it looks like there will be at least 13 books in the series.

Donna
Old 05-18-21, 07:34 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Laura, "Designer Genes" was the first Emma Hannigan book I bought way back when...very sadly she passed away a few years ago after battling cancer multiple times.
Yeah, I knew she had died of cancer. Reading this book makes me feel sad she didn't have the outcome in the book.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-21, 08:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I just finished Tears of Amber by Sofia Segovia. It is a historical fiction, but technically it is based on real characters and situations embellished by the author's imagination. It is about two families and what they went through during WWII on the eastern front. It was a tough read but I couldn't put it down.

Last year I read The Murmur of Bees, also by Sofia Segovia.

Don't know why I'm drawn to such heavy reads, but I always learn something from them. Definitely time for something lighthearted!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, spring reading