Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-04-21, 07:22 AM  
Mickey12

Ugggg! Got a 500 error! I did Bootcamp from Strong and Sweaty this morning. I am a juror on a federal criminal trial this week so I am trying to do my workouts in the morning. Not my favorite time of day to workout, but we will see how it goes.
Old 05-04-21, 08:04 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Ugggg! Got a 500 error! I did Bootcamp from Strong and Sweaty this morning. I am a juror on a federal criminal trial this week so I am trying to do my workouts in the morning. Not my favorite time of day to workout, but we will see how it goes.
I remember when I got chosen for the jury. It wasn’t that exciting of a case. Yours sounds maybe more interesting. My husband just got his notice and it’s on his birthday.

RWH Circuit Upper Body. Premix #5 that includes abs from bonus one and two after each circuit. I’m trying to incorporate more core work weekly and I love the option of add-ons. I often was lifting 2 pounds lighter than Cathe. And I was still drenched in sweat. This is a favorite upper body workout for me. No dread factor! Are there any other DVDs that are similar to this one? I’m trying to recall the format of Flex Train and Super Cuts. I think the weight work was more metabolic and included lower body but Flex Train seemed to emphasize upper more if I’m remembering correctly. I’m sure you ladies have a better memory than me.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 02:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Cataddict...I laughed at your post about X10. We are complete opposites on this one. For all the reasons you dislike it are the many reasons I love it. I really enjoy the music. Sound alikes don’t bother me. I actually feel more motivated knowing the music. Also 8 pound dumbbells get my heart rate up nicely. Plus I like that most of the workouts combine cardio and weights. This is my preferred method. X10 was definitely the wrong title for this one. A rotation combining Heather, Anna, and Cathe would be a nice mix.
LOL Chele! I was in a crabby mood yesterday (probably overdue for a rest day)! I like the music itself fine in X10 just not the fake lyrics since I know the real lyrics too well. "Do your thing" instead of Walk This Way? REALLY? The "music with no vocals" option was perfect for me! I think for X10 it comes down to what I expect v. what I get in the workout itself. I had done Metabolic Blast the day before so I wasn't up for another "metabolic" type workout with weights and several segments of X10 are just that.

Today is Hair Max and I am enjoying the hour that my hair is nicely curled until the humidity that goes with our 85 degree temp today frizzes it right up!!

I'm looking forward to starting Week 2 of the rotation! I'm having much less dread of it than I was yesterday---there are some good workouts to come!

Kim, I had jury duty last January (fortunately not Grand Jury) and had to show up at the courthouse 4 times only not to be selected for an actual case. That was okay with me! Now I can't be chosen for another 3 years. I know it's my duty and I wouldn't think of not showing up when called (it surprised me how many no shows there were) but depending on the case it can be quite stressful and a big responsibility so good for you for taking it seriously.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 03:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

kim hope that error clears up soon...we don't want to be denied any Watulan posts!!

cataddict I love the after hairdresser appt feeling. I'm all like ooowee me so happy!

Did RWH upper premix with no blasts after my Day #14 push pull swing challenge. I found a few moves worked better to sub in kettlebells and Kettlebell movement. Also, I will probably only ever do this workout without blasts,( ...or do the blasts after) because there's so much going on I'd be afraid of being tired and having bad form. Great workout!! I was dripping with sweat and matched Cathe with most of the weights so no blasts works best for me. I'm sure if I did the blasts I'd have to go much lighter.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 03:24 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All!

Cathe posted a picture of her recuperating from the retinal surgery. She look like she is in pain. I am wishing her a speedy and complete recovery.

Today I did wk 2, day 2 of the RB2 rotation RWH- Upper Body Circuit. This workout is actually total body because I feel that it works the legs as much as the upper body. Speaking of Cathe music- during the warm up the music was getting on my nerves so I switched the audio to vocals only. I ended with Cathe's ME AB segment.

Cataddict- enjoy Hair Max today!

I put all of the Cathe Ab segments on one DVD and flash drive so I have been doing one Cathe Ab segment daily and my core appreciates it. Any time I slack on abs I can tell.

Enjoy the remainder of the day!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 04:01 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Today is Hair Max and I am enjoying the hour that my hair is nicely curled until the humidity that goes with our 85 degree temp today frizzes it right up!!
How lucky you are!
I just learned yesterday that my hairdresser will be absent for quite a while. She was diagnosed with breat cancer and was supposed to be off for 3-4 weeks but I seems that it's worse than initially thought. Unfortunatly, the other hairdressers at that salon are already full and can't take new clients. So I have to find someone else. With all the restrictions with Covid, finding someone that has room for a new clients won't be easy especially since they have been closed for 4 weeks and are reopening next week some they're going to be swamped with requests!!! I might have to buy some color and try to do my roots at home until I have find someone else!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 08:40 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
How lucky you are!
I just learned yesterday that my hairdresser will be absent for quite a while. She was diagnosed with breat cancer and was supposed to be off for 3-4 weeks but I seems that it's worse than initially thought. Unfortunatly, the other hairdressers at that salon are already full and can't take new clients. So I have to find someone else. With all the restrictions with Covid, finding someone that has room for a new clients won't be easy especially since they have been closed for 4 weeks and are reopening next week some they're going to be swamped with requests!!! I might have to buy some color and try to do my roots at home until I have find someone else!
Nathalie... I had almost the same situation except my hairdresser had adrenal cancer. I was fortunate that her partner was able to fit me in. I actually like the way she is doing my hair better. My original stylist just returned part-time. Right now, I haven't switched back, but probably will once she can handle full-time, otherwise it could be quite awkward. I am just so happy that she was able to conquer her scary diagnosis.
Old 05-05-21, 09:07 AM  
ChelePA

I added on a 15 minute HIIT cycling class last evening for Two for Tuesday. I forgot today was the 200 walking lunges day! So not the smartest choice since my legs were feeling it. Well I'm happy to say I conquered the challenge but modified it with no weights. I tried to go deeper into the move since body weight only. I completed this prior to Rev'd Up Rumble. I chose the premix with abs and extended stretch. I usually wear weighted gloves but decided to take it easier since PHA 3 and BBW is on the calendar for tomorrow.

Today would have been my first daughter's 19th birthday. She silently entered this world a few days before her due date. Every year we do 5 random acts of kindness in memory of our sweet baby girl (May 5, 2002). I said to my younger daughter last night that we need to stop at the bank to get some cash and she said that's ok, we can use my money this year.

We always ask friends and family to participate if possible. I ask today if you can all share something you are grateful for or maybe your own act of kindness.
Old 05-05-21, 09:46 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 09:49 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Sorry for the pop-in, but I just read this and it really touched me and now has me crying. We also do something every year at my youngest son's birthday and at Christmas in his memory. How sweet of your younger daughter!
I was just about to post that I was crying too! Welcome, PennyK and hugs to you too.

Thanks for sharing that, ChelePA, so lovely. I'm grateful for this group so much! I'll definitely participate in a random act of kindness!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in