Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-21, 11:48 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Totally off the subject, but Usia, I just want to hug and pet and cuddle Oliver until he can't stand it any more! What a cutie!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 12:32 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Totally off the subject, but Usia, I just want to hug and pet and cuddle Oliver until he can't stand it any more! What a cutie!!
Oh, thank you! He's a cutie for sure, and he's got the personality to go with it. He's always happy and playful. For Oliver, there is no such thing as too many hugs and cuddles. He's very affectionate and he always wants more. He's brought us a lot of joy and we love him!
Old 04-16-21, 01:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Oh, thank you! He's a cutie for sure, and he's got the personality to go with it. He's always happy and playful. For Oliver, there is no such thing as too many hugs and cuddles. He's very affectionate and he always wants more. He's brought us a lot of joy and we love him!
Usia - me too. He resembles our Mimi, who is a grey tabby.

quarantine related - at first, she was happy we were all at home. she follows me around too. but i think she's saying "humans, stop with all the picture taking. it's getting old."

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 02:06 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

Did you get the shot in your dominant or non dominant arm?
Sherry, I'm glad you got an appointment! Both of my shots were in my dominant (right) arm.

PennyK., I'm so sorry about your sister's husband and the Bell's Palsy diagnosis.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 03:08 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Had my 1st Pfizer shot at 2 today. Went to our county's mass vaccination clinic. I had to wait 30 mins after since I've had bad reactions to drugs and vaccines before. Our county ran it pretty well, and even hired a DJ to play music while we waited, which I thought was odd at first but then it put everybody in a good mood. My arm is sore now I'm not looking forward to tonight or tomorrow for the side effects to kick in....
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 05:10 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I finally got an appointment !
I have been stalking sites for weeks.

Did you get the shot in your dominant or non dominant arm? I am right handed, but I have shoulder issues on my left side and sleep on my left side.
My shots were both in my dominant arm (I'm right handed). I've had lymph nodes removed from under my left arm and am not supposed to have needle sticks, blood draws, etc. in that arm.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 06:31 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Had my 1st Pfizer shot at 2 today. Went to our county's mass vaccination clinic. I had to wait 30 mins after since I've had bad reactions to drugs and vaccines before. Our county ran it pretty well, and even hired a DJ to play music while we waited, which I thought was odd at first but then it put everybody in a good mood. My arm is sore now I'm not looking forward to tonight or tomorrow for the side effects to kick in....
Lori - you may be ok - I usually react to vaccines, but the first Pfizer shot was nothing - my arm was less sore than when I get the flu vaccine. My only side effects were the mild sore arm and my arm was itchy at the vaccination site.

I hope the 2nd one will be just as easy, but from what I have heard, the 2nd one is the one that gets you - but most people report it only lasts a day or less.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 06:34 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Lori - you may be ok - I usually react to vaccines, but the first Pfizer shot was nothing - my arm was less sore than when I get the flu vaccine. My only side effects were the mild sore arm and my arm was itchy at the vaccination site.

I hope the 2nd one will be just as easy, but from what I have heard, the 2nd one is the one that gets you - but most people report it only lasts a day or less.

Donna
I agree, but it is fascinating to see how people react. DH, who has severe reactions to vaccines, had a mild reaction to his first Covid vaccine (second one is coming up and I'm nervous for him!). Two of my sons have only had their first dose and they both had mild reactions even though they never react to vaccines.

I had no reaction to the first and the second one wasn't terrible but it definitely took me by surprise and hit me harder than expected.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 09:58 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I agree, but it is fascinating to see how people react. DH, who has severe reactions to vaccines, had a mild reaction to his first Covid vaccine (second one is coming up and I'm nervous for him!). Two of my sons have only had their first dose and they both had mild reactions even though they never react to vaccines.

I had no reaction to the first and the second one wasn't terrible but it definitely took me by surprise and hit me harder than expected.

Erica
I'm now about 24 hours after my 1st Pfizer shot, and I only have a sore arm and a mild headache. I didn't sleep well, but I never do, and I almost always have a headache every day, so I'm not sure I can contribute either to the shot. My body decided to start my period right before the shot (funsies!), so I would have felt like crap today anyway. I'm more tired than usual (but again, I'm always tired).

I usually have horrible reactions to vaccines, and especially the flu shot, so for me this quite surprising. I'm really glad that everyone here has shared their experiences, I think that really helps to know what could or could not happen. Three weeks to the 2nd shot!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 10:36 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Double Post:

A friend recently postulated the theory that folks who have really bad reactions to the vaccines are folks who would have been hit the hardest with the virus.

Another "theory," but an interesting one.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccinations, vaccines