Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-20, 09:02 PM  
Sollamyn
 
Sollamyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: S. Illinois
Orthofeet

Question: Has anyone ordered from Orthofeet?

I'm having trouble finding shoes that fit me right now, due to my ankle injury. My right ankle swells during the day, as well as my foot, making most shoes uncomfortable. I tried ordering a pair of Keen slides from Zappos, but they were way too tight--even for my uninjured foot!

So now I have placed an order for a pair of slippers from Orthofeet. Has anyone had any experiences with this company? How long do they take to ship? Do you like their shoes? I ordered slippers that are somewhat adjustable (using velcro), so I'm hoping I will be able to wear them comfortably.

Thanks in advance,
Donna
__________________
Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world. *unknown*
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 09:49 AM  
BigBadBetty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Madison, WI, USA
No, but I would love to know your experience. I was looking at the Charlotte slippers there. I ultimately went with a Birkenstock Boston Shearling Clog. My local shoe store was having a sale. I get plantar fasciitis but I wanted something warm, but I have a low volume foot so most slippers are too wide.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 04:52 PM  
bfit
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
I have ordered from Orthofeet recently because I've had a foot injury for months, and my foot was swollen too. The service was fine. I ordered some neoprene slipper shoes with velcro which might be the same ones you are talking about. Mine are OK, but they are a little narrow in the front for me, and I have a narrow foot to start with. Some other shoes that I like a lot are Drew shoes. They are not soft. In fact, they are heavy and clompy and stiff, but they are wide and boxy and very supportive. The ones I have have velcro instead of laces. My podiatrist thought they were great shoes for injury recovery.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 06:01 PM  
Sollamyn
 
Sollamyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: S. Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBetty View Post
No, but I would love to know your experience. I was looking at the Charlotte slippers there. I ultimately went with a Birkenstock Boston Shearling Clog. My local shoe store was having a sale. I get plantar fasciitis but I wanted something warm, but I have a low volume foot so most slippers are too wide.
Yes, I ordered the Charlottes. I will update this post when I get them and give you a mini-review. I never thought to check out Birkenstocks.

Thanks for your response!

Donna
__________________
Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world. *unknown*
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 06:07 PM  
Sollamyn
 
Sollamyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: S. Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I have ordered from Orthofeet recently because I've had a foot injury for months, and my foot was swollen too. The service was fine. I ordered some neoprene slipper shoes with velcro which might be the same ones you are talking about. Mine are OK, but they are a little narrow in the front for me, and I have a narrow foot to start with. Some other shoes that I like a lot are Drew shoes. They are not soft. In fact, they are heavy and clompy and stiff, but they are wide and boxy and very supportive. The ones I have have velcro instead of laces. My podiatrist thought they were great shoes for injury recovery.
The pair I ordered are suede (Charlotte was the shoe name), but I think I know what you are talking about. They also have stretchable shoes--maybe that's what you ordered? I was tempted by those, but for some reason, went with the suede instead.

I will update you with a review when I get my pair.

Thanks for your response! I will look into Drew if the ones I ordered don't work out for me.

Donna
__________________
Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world. *unknown*
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 07:55 PM  
bfit
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Yes, I think mine must be the stretchable shoes. They are comfortable and accommodated a swollen foot, but like I said, they seemed to run a little narrow in the toe area.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 09:26 AM  
Sollamyn
 
Sollamyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: S. Illinois
The Charlotte - Two Thumbs Up

Here's my Orthofeet purchase review as promised. Sorry it took so long to get back here, but I wanted to really break them in, in order to do justice to my review.

I ordered the slippers from Orthofeet that they call the Charlotte. They are suede slides with a shearling lining. You can google to get the picture, as they are hard for me to describe. They had just enough adjustability to give my changeable injured foot plenty of room and support. This shoe comes with an extra arch support thingy that you can place under the insole (really easy to add--which I did). They also include two sets of insoles to give you a better fit (more snug), in case they are, or become with wear, too loose. I have not used those yet, but I am planning to, because I think the shoes are becoming a little loose now that I've been wearing them every day, practically all day, since they arrived. I ever wear them outdoors, to the store, to my mom's house, etc. (Well, that's about the only places I go anymore!) The sole is a sturdy rubber, like a good running or walking shoe.

I give the Charlotte, from Orthofeet, two thumbs up!

Donna

Donna
__________________
Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world. *unknown*
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 05:40 PM  
BigBadBetty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Madison, WI, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
Here's my Orthofeet purchase review as promised. Sorry it took so long to get back here, but I wanted to really break them in, in order to do justice to my review.

I ordered the slippers from Orthofeet that they call the Charlotte. They are suede slides with a shearling lining. You can google to get the picture, as they are hard for me to describe. They had just enough adjustability to give my changeable injured foot plenty of room and support. This shoe comes with an extra arch support thingy that you can place under the insole (really easy to add--which I did). They also include two sets of insoles to give you a better fit (more snug), in case they are, or become with wear, too loose. I have not used those yet, but I am planning to, because I think the shoes are becoming a little loose now that I've been wearing them every day, practically all day, since they arrived. I ever wear them outdoors, to the store, to my mom's house, etc. (Well, that's about the only places I go anymore!) The sole is a sturdy rubber, like a good running or walking shoe.

I give the Charlotte, from Orthofeet, two thumbs up!

Donna

Donna
Thank you so much for your review! I was intrigued by the extra insoles. I always have too much room on the top the foot.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 05:45 PM  
Sollamyn
 
Sollamyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: S. Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBetty View Post
Thank you so much for your review! I was intrigued by the extra insoles. I always have too much room on the top the foot.
They're actually called spacers. One set 1/6 inch and one set 1/8 inch. You can use either or both, I believe.

Donna
__________________
Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world. *unknown*
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
orthofeet, shoes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness