Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-21, 06:15 AM  
donnamp

I use the "Just the Workouts" check in and cut and paste into a Google Doc that I save. I don't really write out any other details and I just started doing this for 2021.

It was helpful to see some trends and figure some things out -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 07:54 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I jot down my daily on a plain old monthly wall calendar (not on the wall). I keep a cumulative count at the end of every week and month. I've kept them for years.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 08:15 AM  
suzanne63

Hi
I always get 2 wall calendars from the Dollar Tree every year. One is my regular calendar with inspirational quotes and my workout calendar is always the sunsets and sunrises. It is very pretty to start off my days and workouts every morning.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 10:36 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I use a Word doc table. I keep track of workouts and mileage (and weekly mileage). Each row is a week. I like looking back later and seeing which workouts I did the most and how many miles each year I ran/walked. I have several years of them.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 11:06 AM  
LAC

This past year I hung a wall calendar in my workout room and I added a little metallic star sticker to it every day that I worked out. My stars are different colors - I get a gold star if I do weights, which are my least favorite thing; a blue star if I do stretching/yoga; or a pink star if I do cardio. If I do more than one workout in a day, I get more than one star. It is easy to see when I'm on track or when I'm slacking by the presence or absence of stars. It is also easy to see if I haven't been doing enough different kinds of workouts if the month starts being one predominant color of stars or if a certain color hardly ever shows up.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 11:28 AM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I will put a star next to the workouts I really enjoyed or I'll write "hate!" next to the workouts I didn't like. The next day I will write down if the workout gave me DOMS.
LOL, Paine, I loved this idea! I do the stars and will do multiple stars if I really enjoy a work-out, but may borrow your hate category for 2022. Fortunately, not too many tend to get that designation.

I use a spiral notebook and try to find a thick one (500 pages). In addition to the dates and work-outs, I'll add "editorial notes" not only about the work-outs, but about things that are going on (working long hours, insomnia, various aches and pains, crazy things going on the world, etc.). It can be fun to go back and read those at a later time, as I am quite unfiltered with my musings.

Also, if I'm doing a YT work-out, I'll include the date the work-out was posted in addition to the name of the work-out, instructor name and work-out length, as some instructors will have multiple work-outs by the same name ("10 minute AM yoga stretch", "1 mile walk", etc).

It's fun to read about everyone's methods.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 01:30 PM  
warriorprincess

I use a wall calendar, and log the workout name and duration. During STS I also logged the weight amounts. At the end of each month, I total the workouts by type (weights, cardio, etc.).

I have a lot of old calendars now. I should decorate a wall with them!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 02:39 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
I'll add "editorial notes" not only about the work-outs, but about things that are going on (working long hours, insomnia, various aches and pains, crazy things going on the world, etc.). It can be fun to go back and read those at a later time, as I am quite unfiltered with my musings.
Cyana, other things I write down in my daily exercise planner is how many hours of sleep I had the night before; I'll note if I "Joni-O" the workout and I sometimes write down my weight (I weigh myself first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom). Like you, I write down any YouTube workout that I do and if I enjoyed it or not.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 07:00 PM  
jenn38

I use my Cathe calendar. I put a sticker on workout days. Also sometimes I add them to my Instagram page.
Old 12-04-21, 09:18 PM  
bubbles76

I must be in a retro mood, because when I saw the title of this post I thought....Jane Fonda? That's the only exercise "record" I can think of

But to answer the intended question, I don't keep a record per se. I will print out or create rotations and then cross off the days I complete. But once they are done, I toss them. I don't keep track of what I've done.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
logging, tracking workouts, workout log, workout logs