Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-06-21, 09:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Groan, happy Moan Day! Yesterday featured:

~ GYM for 20/10 of treadmill and recumbent
~ YWK 45 Full Body Yin With Bolster
~ 5,261 steps.

The Kassandra is a newer one, very nice and stretchy.

Diane, I think the voice not syncing would drive me mad, but I would still subscribe if it weren’t so expensive. I hope all your fur babies are doing well.

Sending feel good dust, Donna. That was really crass of your daughter’s workplace to give her a hard time. My fingers are crossed for her.

Good morning to Summer Breeze and anyone who visits.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 06:37 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Well so far so good. Forget about getting any kind of workout in. There's so much moving of furniture, rearranging, settling in the cats, etc. It looks like they should be done by tomorrow.

The office/Christopher's room (our disabled cat) was done first and it looks great. The 2nd bedroom, which we use as a litter box room, is 3/4 done.

This morning, DH and I will be moving as much of our bedroom furniture out as possible. The hard part is a heavy platform king-sized bed. The guys will help us move whatever is too heavy for us. I'm so looking forward to this being finished.

Pat - yes, we adopted a disabled cat almost 5 years ago after his mother suddenly passed away. Christopher has Cerebellar Hypoplasia, similar to Cerebral Palsy, and he is considered severe. Doesn't walk, rolls and spins wherever he needs to go. He will be 17 in early 2022 and is healthy as a horse! DH in particular adores him so he's a huge help. Since he cannot use a litter box, we trained him to roll in and out of a softsided kennel, set up with his wee wee pads. Thankfully, he lets us know when he has to go and rarely has had an accident. As for Margaret, yes, the lack of syncing can be maddening. I listen to my workouts with headphones and I can drown that out by just following the voice and not look at the screen.

Donna - I'm hoping your DD is on the mend and it's not Covid. Poor kid - this insanity has to stop. I have a good friend who is German and lives in Berlin. Angela Merkel's last duty as Chancellor was to lockdown all those who are unvaccinated. Something has to be done here because we will never, ever get out of this because of not choosing to get vaccinated. I'm sick and tired of all this stupidity.

I need to finally get it through my thick skull that 99% of what I worry about will not happen. Everything went so smoothly yesterday and my lack of sleep only made me feel crappy! Last night I slept well, knowing it will be OK. I'm my own worst enemy!

Hi Summer Breeze! Hope you continue to heal!

Have a good day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 08:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Well - yesterday turned into a complete bust - I felt worse and worse as the day went on and spent pretty much the entire day in bed. I finally made it to the couch in the evening. For me the booster was just about as bad (if not worse) than the 2nd shot. I got Pfizer. But today I'm feeling better - although still a little tired.

My DD's PCR test came back negative, but she still has something going on.

Anyway, today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Might Mat Pilates - I figured I could do a workout that was all on the floor!

Diane - Regarding worry - I'm the same way!!! I hope all goes well today!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 08:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all. Not a very productive Moan Day here, I was tired and achy all day. Fortunately I had a free yin class by Bernie Clark on tap. It was rather long, but I had a good night's sleep and feel much better today.

It is a grainy recording of a live Zoom held on Sunday, but I'll share the link just in case anyone's curious. It is the December 5 class replay:
https://yinyoga.com/online_classes/

Aw Diane, your Christopher sounds like a sweetie who is doing the best he can. 17 is an impressive age! Good luck with all that fiasco going on.

Sounds like the booster got you, Donna. They told me it would be mild but nope! I sure hope your DD feels better soon - thank goodness it's not COVID, at least.

Good morning to Summer Breeze!
Old 12-08-21, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The booster/3rd Pfizer did hit me hard. Even yesterday I was fatigued, chilled, brain-fogged, etc. I ended up napping at lunch. During the night I alternated between being freezing and being boiling hot. UGH. I hope today is better.

I do tend to react to many vaccines - flu vaccine will give me anything ranging from chills to a full on fever and feeling like I have the flu. So it isn't surprising to me that I'm reacting like this.

I am afraid to get Shringrix - I also has a mild case of shingles...eventually I'll get it but I need to recover from this one first.

This morning I went w/ some yoga:

Silver and Fit - Advanced Yoga w/ Stacey Lei 12/2/21 - I really enjoyed this one. Had some balancing poses and Stacey's instruction was nice and calming. I couldn't hear the music, though.

Anyway, this channel is so awesome w/ so many choices and so much variety.

I don't use it more b/c I do find it a bit overwhelming and TBH I need to get past the "Silver and Fit" connotation. Silly, i know! A workout is a workout no matter what the title is!

I have my ultrasound this morning and then I need to get my DD back to the Dr. She still has a low grade fever and malaise and it has been about a week now. Her COVID and flu tests are negative. But she obviously has something.

Anyway -hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 08:14 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning - it's snowing!!!!

Well, good news is they finished yesterday and everything looks (and smells) amazing! No more cleaning cat vomit on the carpets! This morning, someone tossed up their cookies in front of the litter boxes but it was so, so easy to clean up.

This was the same guy who did our first part of our hardwood in 2018. He is honestly the best - very detail oriented, easy to deal with, hardworking.

The only bad news is I didn't sleep well enough last night to feel like working out. I think I drink too much coffee. I've been drinking coffee since I was 8 years old. My dad used to get up at 4 am and I started getting up so I could spend some time with him. So, I just ordered some half caff and will begin the process of cutting back.

Donna - wow, you definitely had some reaction. Just an fyi - after my second shingle shot, I got a mild case of shingles. My doctor at the time - or should I say quack doctor - first said it looked like shingles. I then told him that I had my second shot and he said there was no connection. So I called the drug manufacturer and there is a small percentage of people who get this mild shingle reaction. Same doctor told me that dense breasts were BS. My ob/gyn asked me if there was an MD after his name! Switched PCPs and now have a good one - thankfully! So, be prepared. My reaction was on my face - moved from one side to the other. Mild but I looked like I had sunburn. I also hope you get to the bottom of your daughter's illness. It's always something! Good luck with your ultrasound.

Pat - Christopher is a badass! He's pretty tough, pretty defensive all the time but we love him to pieces. I'm sure losing his first mom was hard for him. She used to carry him around in a basket from room to room. Very spoiled but how can you not spoil him?

Good morning, Summer Breeze!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 09:08 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was sheer madness and Christmas stuff too, I just got some yoga done:

~ YWK Morning Yoga Movement Day 6, Refreshing Morning Yoga Stretch;
~ Yoga With Bird Every Day 3, Full Body Stretch
~ 5,598 steps

Our probation officer is bending my ear, I'll have to visit later.
Old 12-08-21, 10:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just popping in to say hi. Unfortunately the nerve pain came back and I even got the lovely tingling down my leg so I'm back to no walking/exercise again. It's not unbearable but it definitely has increased after feeling pretty decent last week so...

DONNA, good luck with your ultrasound this morning and I hope you can figure out DD's illness. Ugh. Sorry you suffered with the booster shot too. Not looking forward to getting that. I got the moderna so I'll be sticking with that at some point when I decide to go. Nice job with your workout through it all.

DIANE, yay on the floors being done and being fabulous. Aw you're such a good hearted person taking care of disabled pets.

PAT, always good to see you keeping up your routine through the craziness.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 10:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Donna how worrisome about your daughter. I sure hope she begins to perk up soon. Good luck with your ultrasound today - you have so much on your plate right now. I had Shingrix and believe it or not neither one bothered me in any noticeable way. They did hurt going in but that's it, just a sore arm. I struggle a bit with senior, silver, etc., too.

Oh no that's not good news, Summer Breeze. Knock on wood though, it does seem you get a day or two of respite so hopefully the good days will outweigh the bad soon.

Donna, nice on your puke free flooring! I bet it all looks beautiful. That doctor sounds like a total quack. Well Christopher sounds like a little lord. Lucky guy!
Old 12-08-21, 10:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!
I’d like to join you if that’s okay. I see some familiar faces here. I plan to work through some of my Unplugged episodes this month, planning 2 or 3 a week. I bought the digital versions of series 19 & 20 quite a while ago. I also doing Essentrics, cardio, yoga, & MELT regularly.

So this week….

Monday:
~Essentrics TV: Maude’s live
~MR Unplugged: 1902 - lots of glute work in this one!
~MELT: Hip opener map

Tues:
~Taught Essentrics
~PT exercises
~Standing yoga flow on my own, about 15 min

Wed:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Jessica Smith 6 Mike Mix: w/u & steady burn mile
~MR Unplugged: 1903 - triceps, pecs, Abs, quads, & calves
~Seated leg & hip stretches on my own

Waving to everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx