Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-21, 08:12 PM  
ChelePA

And I see starting April 5th, Caroline is doing Epic Heat. Thirty minute workouts at a high intensity, 5 days per week. Can’t wait to see what she offers.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 09:19 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

I didn't do Cardio Party today after all---well, it's actually Cathe Live #297 which is IMHO an improved version of the DVD Cardio Party. Anyway I did GrowingAnnanas Day 1 of her Challenge. I liked it, but I'm finding the burpees at the end to be more than I wanted to do. Chele, is that what she always does? Oh, and I wish she did movements to match the beat of the music. I have found myself going at a different pace than Anna does to match the beat. Like Christi Taylor said in one of her workouts, "I obey my music." I skipped Anna's "cooldown" and did Sydney Cummings' foam roller stretch instead, followed by the rest of Kat's Advanced Step #5 and part of Advanced Step #1. That was enough!

Chele, funny how we are all different! I much prefer more choreography, with or without the step (which I'm still not using yet) and the additional complexity adds intensity for me! Something for everyone.

manley, I'm the third child, the youngest of three girls. As I think I'm a bit snarkier than you, I always told my parents that they tried twice and then got it right with me.

Nathalie, our "spring" is also over as of tomorrow. It got in the 70s today and tomorrow's high is expected to be 50 degrees. Although 50 is probably spring in your neck of the woods (and mine in my growing years) but for here it's straight back to winter!

Kate, glad you are able to get the vaccine. My second is next week. I will be glad to get it over with. And Cathe's LITE series is very versatile, good you are enjoying it.

Waves to bee, Kim, horusosiris, FN1, FOLV and Garrie. Check in when you can!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 09:33 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict...I’ve only been doing the March challenge and maybe a few others in the past. I have found for the total body HiIITs, she always seems to end with a tough exercise. Often some form of a burpee, but not always. I have come to expect it now. Also, I remember you mentioned high impact. She rarely jumps higher than a few inches in the workouts I have completed. It’s funny because I am so focused on the moves, I didn’t notice the off beat, which usually annoys me.
Old 03-13-21, 09:26 AM  
ChelePA

I always preview Kat's final choreography to see what step height I will use plus it helps get an idea where I can insert power moves throughout to increase intensity. Really enjoyed Basic #9 for a steady state cardio today. I followed it with Anna's HIIT it Harder Day 13--a 20 minute back focused workout with the option of using bands. I used my skinnier bands at a light to medium resistance. She did 10 exercises then repeated once.

Cataddict...I really enjoyed the music in the back workout and I am so focused lately but you are right...not to the beat...haha. Not sure why I didn't notice and I am surprised that it doesn't bother me...not yet at least

Nathalie...I hear you about bipolar weather. We had a tease with temps in the 70s. This morning back in the 20s.

Happy Saturday!
Old 03-13-21, 11:05 AM  
horusosiris

Hello All and Happy Saturday.

I am glad to see everyone is doing great I am beginning week nine of my ES paper workouts. For cardio I have been doing a mix of instructors and styles- Barre 3, Romney Studios, Hamelin, Cathe, Sleek, YouTube, rowing, spinning, treadmill, rebounding, walking, hiking, etc. Total Gym, etc.
Speaking of Total Gym- Cathe just released a Total Gym leg workout that was HARD!

Kate- congrats on the vaccines.

Cataddict- thank you for the molasses cookie recipe link. I am going to give it a try soon.

Bee – thank you for the torte recipe link. I may use it for our next in person family get together although I am not sure when we will be able to get together again. I am sick of Covid but we have to do what we have to do!

Cataddict and Manelym
- I did do the Cathe Live 338 Total Body Mashup. I liked it. My subscription is up this week and I am not going to renew. I have had Cathe live since Cathe began Cathe Live and I need a rest. I will probably renew in 6 months and then have new workouts to come back to.

Lavna- your weather is exactly like ours. It was Spring one day this week and now it is back to the colder temps!

Have a Great Day Today!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 07:38 PM  
Mickey12

Hello Watulans,

I did Petra Kolber PKStep today. It’s new to me as I got it from Mary recently when it was on sale. It pretty low intensity, no impact, and dancy. The music is ok. I like Petra but I wish her workouts were more athletic in the choreography. It was good for a low energy day though.

Stay well, everyone.
Old 03-13-21, 08:56 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday, Watulans!

Today I did Cathe Live #175 Low Impact HiiT and Upper Body. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would despite the super hammy visitor who smiled like a crazy person when the camera focused on her and exaggerated her movements like she was auditioning for a part. She wore a bright pink tank but she wasn't directly in front behind Cathe so I could ignore her. The upper body work was pretty good and different in the way it was organized. I wanted to get some "heavier" weight work in and this one met my expectation.

We got up to 50 degrees today! Yesterday was 81. I bought some herbs and flowers for outside but waiting for more stable temps.

horusosiris, a break from Cathe Live will probably make it seem fresh again when you decide to subscribe again.

Kim, I like dancey choreography as long as it's intense enough to get my heart rate up. Cardio Party was not, most Patrick Goudeau's are, at least for me. I like Petra's demeanor, but I think her workouts are more intermediate than advanced so I guess I expect a lower level of intensity.

Chele, funny that you noticed the off beat music to moves in GrowingAnnanas. I only really noticed it in some of the segments and like you, I was focused more on completing the exercise. I prefer the music that doesn't have vocals since it's less "iHeart radio" style. It's good to know Anna doesn't do a lot of jumping, but burpees are pretty high impact so I'm going to have to be careful until I'm sure my leg is completely healed.

manley, I plan to do the most recent Cathe Live tomorrow. I like using the band too.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 10:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All! Phew, a busy couple of days! I did NOT end up doing Cardio Party yesterday. I woke up with a bee in my bonnet about decluttering. It seemed like a gorgeous day and I figured I would go for a walk after, but nope, not even that happened. I did move my body a fair bit with all the decluttering, but it was really a rest day. I did more of it today, but as Robert Frost said, I have miles to go before I sleep.....

Today I did Annas Day one of Grow Hiit Challenge. She has so many challenges that have such similar names! At any rate, I needed a 30 minute one before my meeting and it fit the bill nicely. It was no equipment so I did it in the house and the dogs did not make it easy at some points. We have one who is an australian shepherd / queensland healer mix and she was trying to herd me at one point. Oh, and I am definitely just focused on the movement and not trying to be in sync with the music on her stuff! Thankfully I can do that quite obliviously and it doesn't bother me.

I love that Caroline is going to be doing more 30 minute workouts! Really excited about that.

Funny about the hamming it up visitor in the Cathe Live. I could see how that could be distracting! Also, the "Cardio Party Live" sounds fun! I will have to look for that one if I ever subscribe. horusosiris, a break from that sounds good -- my gosh you do a big variety of things! Your workouts sound amazing!

Kim, I have a few Petra dvds but I've never really done them. I should give them a try but they don't really call to me.

While I was working on my pantry clean out today I noticed I have some molasses so I may be making those cookies soon. I made banana bread the other day, so perhaps I should at least wait til that's gone.

I think tomorrow I'm going to tackle one of those 90 minute Travis practices on youtube. Hope you all are having a great weekend, in spite of, or because of, whatever weather you may have in your area!!
Old 03-14-21, 09:42 AM  
ChelePA

Talking about background exercisers that can be distracting...I saw a question on Facebook that I thought was interesting...do you pick a workout "buddy" from your Cathe workouts whom you most identify with and/or feel you most resemble?

I think my answer would be Brenda. Although Jai is a favorite too. Similar curve to our spine so with certain movements including stretches/core, I can relate to her positioning/flexibility. Plus she looks like she's having fun and many times struggling just like me.

Can't wait to hear your answers!

Today I decided to use the chapters I skipped from Cardio Party on Fun Friday as my warm-up...boxing plus blasts. I then did Caroline's Beginner Total Body Dumbbell Workout. It's 33 minutes...including stretch. She was using 10 kg. I used 15 pounds for the workout but I definitely could have increased my weights to 18-20 pounds for a few of the exercises due to the slower pace. 45 seconds on with 15 seconds of rest. This was a nice quick total body routine, which is my preference with weight work. Anna's HIIT it Harder Challenge today was a 10 minute neck and shoulder stretch. Each exercise held for 30 seconds. It was a really nice end because I actually had some tightness in that area.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 03-14-21, 12:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Good morning! That neck and shoulder stretch sounds great, Chele! Oh, and I meant to tell you.... that low plank hold that Anna did was impossible for me!! I forget when I did it -- sometime this last week I think. As for background exercisers, I think for me it is Brenda, too. No offense to Brenda but she sometimes looks more awkward than the rest and that's just how I feel!!

This morning I did the 90 minute Travis Equanimity on youtube.... except..... toward the end, I was in bridge, and suddenly I thought "we've been in this bridge forever and he's not talking". I looked at my TV and it was off! I don't know what happened, but when I tried to start it up again the internet was out. I think the power may have glitched too. Anyway, I was pretty done at that point. Came back to the house and everything was back to normal by then. I saw that I missed the last 7 or 8 minutes plus the meditation, which I was going to do today, but did not. Oh well.

Have a great Sunday!!

Tags
watulan check-in