Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-21, 10:01 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I absolutely loved reading, and giggled at Linda the Storyteller's dorm drama, and Alta the Poet's epigram!

Linda, you created such a great visual I could actually see all of this unfolding. You are hilarious! And you know how to get things DONE! Good 'ole Ronnie coming to the rescue!

VVFer loved your ode! Love your posts, no matter how long or short, you always have our support.
I agree with Kittybug and manleym!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 10:14 AM  
lavna

Hello all!

Congrats on the new CL subscribers! Even though I don't subscribe, I love to hear your thoughts on the workouts.

bee: I'm happy for you that your butt is getting better. It's going in the right direction!

kate: Good news about Justin. I'm so happy for you that the treatment seems to be working. Good news about the lab results also!

cataddict: it's nice when the hard work we put into our workouts gives results. It must feel great to have impressed the doctor!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all! Hugs and waves all around!
Nathalie
Old 10-17-21, 10:28 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Nathalie, how is your recovery going? Well, I hope!

I did PHA Supersets 2 this morning -- it was the first PHA that popped up in a search -- I'm guessing it's the newest. I loved it! It is really fun working out with Cathe in that "setting" -- you really feel like you're in the gym with her! You guys were so right. I am pretty sure I spotted two of her new background exercisers -- that slightly taller brunette who's always very expressive and then a blonde. I don't know their names. Anyway..... fun! Can't wait to do more. I went fairly light and so far, so good.

Happy Sunday......
Old 10-17-21, 10:54 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Nathalie, how is your recovery going? Well, I hope!

I did PHA Supersets 2 this morning -- it was the first PHA that popped up in a search -- I'm guessing it's the newest. I loved it! It is really fun working out with Cathe in that "setting" -- you really feel like you're in the gym with her! You guys were so right. I am pretty sure I spotted two of her new background exercisers -- that slightly taller brunette who's always very expressive and then a blonde. I don't know their names. Anyway..... fun! Can't wait to do more. I went fairly light and so far, so good.

Happy Sunday......
It's getting better and better. I'm making a lot of progress. PT is helping by giving me the adequate exercices for my recovery level. I'm walking normally in the house. Going down the stairs is still sensitive because the ankle has to bend so much. The PT told me is will get better in time. I can can the boot on the 25th and I'm seeing the doctor hopefully for the last time in the 26th. Time will do the rest. I guess I'll have to continue PT for a while. I found some Caroline Jordan workouts for ankle strength taht I plan to do regularly to keep my ankle in shape!

You are right about the 2 backgrounders you saw in the CL. One of them is Jenn A. I think I saw that she's an instructor at her gym. The other one is Nicole who we saw in recent series. The 2 Lisa that are in LITE Cardio party are also often in the CL.
Old 10-17-21, 08:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday!

Today for CheleFunSunday I did another Chris Dorner intermediate/advanced step workout. As usual, just fun, fun, fun step!

In other news, this week we are FINALLY cutting the cord and dumping cable. Yes, we are late adopters (well, primarily due to DH, who is going to have to change his way of random channel surfing) but we've just gotten sick of how expensive cable is. We can even add baseball app, Apple TV (when and if we are charged for it) and Netflix at half the cost of cable. Speaking of Apple TV, is anyone (bee?) watching Foundation? I read the books years ago---so long I don't really remember them---so nothing is spoiling the story. The episodes are heavy, at least according to DH, not a Space Western like Star Trek or Star Wars (not slamming them, just a different type of science fiction), and we are enjoying it thoroughly.

Nathalie, great progress! Yes, steps can be a challenge. When my leg was inflamed, the last step in recovery was going up (and down) the stairs easily. DH still occasionally does the exercises the PT recommended for his foot as they are good stretching movements.

manley, I sent you a copy of the Excel spreadsheet for Cathe Live. Hope you find it useful! It's been great tool for me in tracking the ones I've done and making notes about them.

bee, so glad you are enjoying Live! I was like a kid in a candy store when I first subscribed and didn't know which candy to eat first !
Yes, a number of Cathe DVD cast members participate in the Live classes. I've seen Nicole (the blond who is usually on the left as we face them), the 2 Lisas, both Jennifers (one was in the last 2 series I think while the other has been in longer), Al (from STS), Kate (who hasn't been in a DVD for awhile--also blond), and I'm told Cedie but I haven't seen the one she was in. It's funny but after awhile you recognize a lot of the same folks (non DVD cast). When she did her first class after the pandemic restriction was lifted, I found myself looking for the familiar faces. I like that the class has participants of different ages and sizes too---more like real life.

Waves and hugs to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 06:50 AM  
Mickey12

Cataddict you're not the last to dump cable. I'm still hanging on with both hands. Well, we have directTV, but I consider it the same as cable. I despise change and I really don't like technology, so I'm perfectly content to keep what we have. I do miss seeing the popular shows a lot of people rave about that are only on the streaming sites though. We also still have a land line which I will never get rid of. Cell service is very poor in our area and I refuse to talk on a cell if I don't have to. Old, I know. Super, super stuck in my ways.

Oh, and congrats on the doctor noticing your firm abdominals. That's so great! I love the positive reinforcement. You should be very proud.

Last night I did an old Leslie 2 mile walk and a 15 minute section from Amy Bento's abs and stretch. I've done the abs section a few times and I'm almost able to do the entire thing without rest. Now, granted, it's not a super tough ab routine, but I'm pretty proud of myself.

Have a great week everyone.
Old 10-18-21, 09:39 AM  
ChelePA

Just saw a post that Cathe will announce her next series on the Halloween road trip.

I’ll be back for a longer update
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 02:11 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Gotta RAVE about Cathe Live! Already worth the $10!

Today I did Live #360 Pumped Up Upper Body (45 min) and #234 Strong Express Upper (35 min). I felt really good and know I have to take Justin to his chemo on Wed (no workout) so I did an extra long workout today. LOVED THESE!
#360 - 4 rounds. Each round starts off with a little hint of cardio and then three upper body exercises and repeat them then a new round. The cardio was all on a step with 3 risers but Cathe uses just her topper and others use 1 or 2 risers.
#234 was faster pace but not too fast and more reps/lighter weights. Both worked my upper body really well and SO MUCH FUN!!!!

cataddict: I love Kathy G!! She got me totally hooked on 80 Day Obsession over at Beachbody and I fell in love with Autumn.

bee: I'll work on better eating if you will!! And welcome to the Cathe Live crew!! I truly feel there are no bad workouts there.

Kim: I LOVE James Bond and can't wait to see the new one. Supposedly last one with Daniel Craig?

What a great fierce way for you all to start the week! Go girls go!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 02:12 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Just saw a post that Cathe will announce her next series on the Halloween road trip.

I’ll be back for a longer update
Well guess I'd better save my money for the new series!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 03:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All! That is exciting news about a new series!! So funny.... when I was doing my first Live yesterday, I was thinking "wow, this is great -- I don't really need her to make new dvds anymore." and then I realized I would of course buy if she makes more. She's so great. Today I did one called Cardio Fusion -- #207 I think it was. It was a class for early arrivals to the 208 road trip, I think is what she said. I can see how you look for familiar faces in the crowd.

Let's hear it for ditching cable!! We've been without since 2005 and have not missed it more than a couple of times. Olympics, when Obama became the president.... stuff like that I was sorry to miss. But other than that? Netflix had us covered. When my son had his first sleep over (sorry if I've already told you this story, but it's cute), I asked him the next day what they did. They'd watched a movie. "Oh, what movie?" "I'm not sure.... it's the one where it keeps changing." (it was live TV which he'd never really seen!!). Though Kim's response was highly amusing......

I have not started Foundations, cataddict. I saw the trailer and it looked intriguing.

Kim, I have a landline number that's message only. No phone to even ring. And we hardly ever get messages on it anymore so I'm not sure how long we'll keep it but it's been nice to have that number to put on forms. Our cell service is not great where we are, but we get by I guess. Some people think we are crazy not to have a real land line because of emergencies, but I guess we figure if cell towers are out, we may have bigger problems than being able to use the phone. Rolling the dice.....

I suspect I'm going to post at the same time as Chele -- I've had this window open forever.....

Tags
watulan check-in